Duke Energy / residential service complaint

1 3805 Tiffany Rose Place Apt D, Charlotte, NC, United States Review updated:

My name is Tiffany Davis [protected]. I am a 10 month employee with Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools. My service was disconnected a few weeks ago. On a Monday I called and made the payment through the automated system it said my payment was accepted. I had no reason to think there was a problem. On Wednesday when I returned home my power was off. It was around 4:15. I began calling and trying to submit another payment. At this time the system would go al the way to the end and say my payment has been declined. After several attempts I contacted my bank to check my account. I had more than enough to cover the payment . I again attempted to make the payment the system again rejected my payment. I contacted a live customer service rep at SECU they stated that they see where I tried to make the payment but some how Duke Energy's system is putting in the wrong expiration date each time. I called Duke energy and pushed 0 several times to speak with an operator because it was close to 5 and it states after 5 it could be the next day that turn the power back on. I then used a gift card and another bank card and paid some of the bill the system had no problem and charged me the $1.50 for each transaction. I then contacted SECU again and told them they again told me that Duke system has an error. I had them check to make sure no one had taken my money out of the bank. They said no call duke back and explain. I called Duke back and waited through the message until it allowed me to speak with someone. At that time I explained what happened and that I would like this problem to be resolved. I was told a supervisor would contact me in 48 hours but no one called. The next week I received a email and a $200.00 reconnection fee had been added to my account. I called and spoke with a supervisor and she advised me that because I pay late that duke decided to charge me the reconnection fee. She said that if I were in right standing with them and paid on time and had never ever had a disconnect they could have waved the fee. I told her that does not seem fair that I work and live paycheck to paycheck but have not had my services disconnected in years. I pay late but not get it cut off. And any how this is your automated systems problem. Now I receive email s and telephone calls that the entire $200.00 plus the monthly bill is due by 12/26/2018 or my power will be cut off again. I would like someone to research this for me. I know that the notes are there so what I have described is noted in your system. I would also like for someone to listen to all the recordings and hear the way the gentleman talked to me the first day like I was a thief and liar. Also the way the supervisor the next week talked to me as if I were the same a thief and liar also poor and ignorant. This situation has stressed me out so bad. My daughter is a senior in High School this year. Because of all this mess up with my finances and using my other accounts to pay entire bills instead of what was due. I am struggling to provide gifts for her at Christmas. I will have to go to Crisis Ministry to ask for help with this bill. I am embarrassed and feel shamed. Please contact me ASAP to let me know what you all discover. Check to see if what I explained about the system is what happened. I would not be going through all this if it was not true. I try to live my life up right and loving and respecting people.

Thanks In advance, Tiffany Davis