Duke Energy / property damage

Wabash, IN, United States Review updated:

Spring and summer of 2016 Duke Energy installed new lines on Alber Street, in Wabash, IN using our yard to store your equipment and poles without permission for weeks. We called Duke multiple times after you finished work in June and got no response. We waited until Alber St. was finished to call again last fall. After multiple ignored called we finally got a case number 424125 from a representative, Anika, possibly on 11/3. Alber St. was widened last summer and poles moved back more than 3 ft. from the road. Duke left a 3 foot deep hole approximately 18 inches wide around the pole in our yard and several square feet of our previously sodded yard several inches below ground level with sinking pea gravel in the hole. No dirt, sod or grass seed to repair the damaged. After a neighbor fell in hole around your pole I carried rocks and filled it n for you.
In November, after no response from you I contacted the State Regulatory Commission case #118991, representative, China. Dallas Dillon, Duke Representative, came and looked at the property in November and informed us that in May of 2017 Duke come and sod the damaged. We closed the case with the SRC as Duke had promised to repair the damage in the spring and were told to reopen if the work was not completed in May as promised.
I called Duke early in June to report work not done. Duke called and said a "landscaper" from Kokomo, IN would be out soon and repair the area soon. We asked to be here when he came. This did not happen. We were out of town. Someone came and dumped what appears to be some kind of peat pellets in the area. No dirt when you dig through it and no grass seed or sod. It was piled several inches above ground level; however, rain and wind have reduced it to below ground level. Grass will not grown in whatever this "stuff" Duke put in the ground is. It is now summer and 90 degrees outside and dry. We are not up to doing the physical work need to repair your damage and grown decent grass mid-summer. We have already spent hours putting rocks in the 3 foot deep and 18 inch wide hole you left around your pole leaving a SAFETY HAZZARD on our property.
If we do not hear from Duke Energy by Friday, June 30 with a date to sod the area and bring it back to the immaculate condition we have worked hard and spent money to maintain we plan to contact the State Regulatory Commission and reopening Case # 118991.
The crew who installed the new lines and poles for Duke were extremely nice and considerate during the time they were working. They went out of their way to be considerate of the homeowners on Alber Street. Duke did not follow up adequately on the great job this crew performed.

Jr
Jun 26, 2017

Comments

• Ti
      May 29, 2018

Good luck! Duke drove across my property leaving deep wheel ruts which makes it impossible to maintain now. I filed a claim with Duke which was promptly dismissed. I filed a claim with the utility board who spent 40 days discussing this with Duke only to tell me that they could get nowhere and I was SOL. I have no idea where to go from here.