Dude Tube / Online scam

United States Review updated:
3.35

I also fell A site this morning, CLIENT2U.com and membersaccess.com. Thought it was for Dude Tube(A site my boyfriend told me about, I thought it was legitimate found out it was supposed to be www.dudetubeonline.com not dudetube.com), ended up being a complete scam. It asked for my credit card Info... I entered it in, instantly noticed that it was a scam. I reported my card stolen right away. I then did some research on their sites. I found that this has been going on for quite a while. Luckily my bank contacted me and I only got charged 3 one dollar charges(from different sites within 15 MINUTES!) have been put on my account. They were trying to verify if my card worked. So everyone be careful, do your homework on a site before making a purchase!
Va

Comments

Di
  14th of Jun, 2009
I am NOT contradicting the writer's complaint, but it is possible... just possible... that his fears were unfounded. I've subscribed to a couple of services in the past that put an initial $1.00 charge on my card just to verify that the card was valid. The charge was cancelled within a week or two without any action on my part. I THINK they do it to verify that you are over 18 years old... a condition of having a credit card, I suppose.

Why there were THREE such charges on his card, I can only guess: perhaps the site is a "portal" to a slew of other sites, each (or several) of which did their own preliminary checks of the card's validity. I also assume that these sites sell things in addition to their free content, and they'd use your card to pay for those when you put something in your "shopping cart".

This is just conjecture and a caution that perhaps you shouldn't jump to conclusions too quickly.