DuctMaster Inc / Not good work and no response

Got a coupon in the mail regarding Air Duct cleaning for $ 64.99. it is the basic cleaning with no returns cleaning. The coupon shows a big truck with the real vacuum mounted on truck. I do not think these guys have any of these trucks. They showed up @ my home with a small vacuum and compressed air hose. Not happy with the cleaning. The tech just blew air thru the vents and his "LITTLE" vacuum was at my furnace “Trapping” the dirt! Half the time when he was blowing the air thru the vents the vacuum was not working because it blew the fuse. So I am not sure what happened to the dirt he cleaned from the ducts. The Technician demanded cash even though his coupon says it will accept credit cards. I had to ride with him to the bank and get him cash. The worst part is that I returned home and found that the A/C was not working. I did not pay attention because I saw them switching off the system for cleaning, and I thought they switched it back on. I did not get a chance to check the A/C after they were done because the Tech was in a hurry & he wanted his cash. I called the Office number on the coupons and service contract. It went to the voice mail. I kept trying and someone picked up. I told him that the A/C is not working and asked him to help me. But he said the office is closed & will open only at 8:00 AM. I told him I have a 3 yr old kid & it is very hot but he simply hung up. I tried again he threatened me saying that I was harassing. To make the story short they did not help me but I had to call an emergency A/C repair person who charged me $ 350.00 to get it fixed. It seems that while the tech was cleaning the duct he pulled out some cables from the circuit board. I would have just spend $ 180.00 If I called in a proper air duct cleaning outfit.

Ja

Comments

13th of Oct, 2009

I'm very sorry to hear of your trouble, but thank you very much for posting your complaint. I was just about to call these folks for the same $64.99 whole house air duct cleaning package, but now...will never call them. Not only that...I'll help spread the word to my friends and family around Utah Valley via posts to this dissent on facebook. I further plan to let DuctMaster know that I was going to use their service until I saw your post.

Thank you for taking the time to let others know of your experience!

30th of Nov, 2009

I'm afraid that I got sucked into the same "shoddy service scheme". I received my service at the end of August, before turning on my heater (as I was advised). The outfit appears on the up and up but the service is HORRIBLE. The "technician" told me that there was a two year warranty (for dust, etc) and if I noticed dust I should call in to have it redone. He even wrote it on my invoice. Well, guess what, lots of DUST! So, I call to have it redone was told that it was only a 2 months warranty and the warranty only covered damage to parts that they might break while cleaning (which is not what the invoice says). By this time and over an 8 week period, I have left 3 messages for the manager to call me back (never happened), paged "dispatch" 3 times and then was hung up on 6 times by a very rude and sassy female (self- identifies as the dispatcher) who tells me that they "don't give warranties on the dust on my furniture" and it was my "responsibilty to keep the house clean". Really? Really! No, I told her that she can expect me to call her everyday until this is resolved. Or maybe it's time to Get Gephardt. Anyone else like to join in please contact me.

• Le
      29th of Jan, 2010

These people are TERRIBLE!!! We got a coupon for a $44 dollar vent/duct/furnace cleaning and wound up having to pay more than double that. That coupled with the fact that they left dirt and debris all over my house and front yard, AND their "cleaning of the vents" was awful. There were dust bunnies, and TOYS (Thanks to my son) that were never touched that remained in the vents until they came back 2 days later. In asking the technician to please clean the vents the right way, I was informed that "We don't do that"...

Customer service was informed and they handled it very unprofessionally, and I was told not to call their office again. Well, they don't have to worry about that, because I wouldn't call them again if my life depended on it. They are frauds. DO NOT USE THEM. PLEASE be smart and read these reviews and take them seriously...I wish I would have checked these out before calling these crooks.

• Yg
      13th of Mar, 2010
    DuctMaster Inc - BAD SERVICE
    DUCTMASTER INC
    New Jersey

NEVER use DUCTMASTER INC for you air duct cleaning needs. They put a coupan out for 45 dollars the guy comes in and quotes 200 dollars (saying you have more main ducts) and the service is really really poor.
    He had a very small vacuum that hardly does any good..
    Please do not use DUCTMASTER INC. On the contract there is no address listed as well.

Thanks!
    Yusuf.

• Sm
      6th of Apr, 2010
    DuctMaster Inc - These guys dont know what is customer service
    DuctMaster Inc
    ductmasters.com

My wife called DuctMaster Inc for duct cleaning. First, they got the small portable equipment to clean the vents and I was not really happy with the work done by them. Next day, we found that the dryer vent was not properly fixed and called them to fix it. The guy whoever picked up threatened me by saying that I am threatening him - all I asked for is customer service. Moreover, he hung up on me midway through the call. These guys dont know what is customer service and my humble advice to everyone would be stay away from this shady company. Also, I couldn't locate their address too.

• Yg
      2nd of Sep, 2011
    DuctMaster Inc - Don't use them
    DuctMaster Inc

Please do not use this company for air duct cleaning. Hire a brand name company (Sear..etc) to do this work. They have a wimpy little vacuum and the technician is not a good at all. $ 45 coupan is advtg the person raises it to 200 dollars when in the house. Poor poor quality work. Would never recommend this to anyone!!