DU Lottery Fraud / Lottery fraud

1 United Arab Emirates Review updated:

Hi All,

Two days back I received a call from a number [protected]. A guy said that I have won lottery for 200000Dhs.To prove that he told me the first 7 digits of my sim card, and told me to check and call him back. I too did that and then he told that I should buy Du recharge for 1000DHs and give him the details. I called du customer care and checked and found out it is fraud. So ppl be very careful. These guys have already done this with lot of Etisalat customer and in the net when we search "Du Lottery fruad", no pages are found, but when we search "Etisalat Lottery Fraud ". There are so many pages and posts. Hence I am posting this, so that all Du customers will be alert.

Comments

• Te
      28th of Oct, 2012

today also with me like that they call me +971527056019 saying your 200000 dh saying you winn du lottry maybe they are pakistani froud

19th of Jan, 2013

Ohhhhh Thank you so much for your information because i have also received a call from +971527569670. i have also same like your story this morning around 11 am i received a call from this number and he asked to me about my nationality and my known language then he gave to me exactly my 7 digit root number of my mobile number and he told me that if that number is correct call him back. so i checked my root number it was really correct then imideatly i called to him but he didn't receive my call again i called to him 4 times but he didn't received. and i came in my room then i checked in net about du lottery then suddenly i found this "DU LOTTERY FRAUD". what the hell is this...why people doing like this kinds of fraud work. Shheettttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt...

• Ro
      8th of Feb, 2013

the company it like that right becz the company cannot do thing to them i have many call from them thats only pakistani can do like that

16th of Jul, 2013

thanks god i also have the same issues but whats going on my mind is, the guy took my lever identity card no, is that a problem! in my future!!! help me out!!!what should i do now !

• Ki
      8th of Sep, 2013

i just got a similar call from the number 0559399016. said i won 200, 000 aed. i wish it was true.. :-)

1st of Oct, 2013

yes, same like that with me .i have received a call from 0526818255.many people have received a that types of call.but why not take a reaction du company with that person who is making a fool all costumer, this is the weakness of du company .thank u.

• Am
      1st of Oct, 2013

I got a missed call from 0551629941 and when called back he was talking about the same du lottery stuff.
    I told him I am not interested and hung up.

• Be
      1st of Oct, 2013

It isn't the company that is doing this. Someone is using the company's name to make their scam sound like it is "real" NEVER give out personal information to anyone, especially if they say you "won" a prize. And NEVER send them any money. They may say it is for duties, fees, administration etc, but it is just a ploy to take your funds. You send them x amount and then you never hear from them again.

• Re
      20th of Nov, 2013

i got the same du lottery fraud call from 0526587902

• Ra
      30th of Nov, 2013

you are very correct, too got call from 971526170099. and i am a victim of this scam. i have become fooled. they told they are staff of Du company. the one who called me was Rhoit Sharma, he is the person to deal with. its already been a week. he too called me around 10:20am. he told me I won lottery 200, 000dhs. told me i am the lucky person to get this lottery, as a dubai national day lottery winner. when I shouted them saying its all fraud, than he told me he is a executive manger of Du company, and has salary of 25000dhs. then he told me he is calling from abu dhabi head office. he too said his boss some sheikh (i forgot his name) wants to congratulate me, then this shiek talked in Arabic language, ( i didn't understand anything). he told me this message was show in TV for three days and was the last day. so kept on saying me pay for fines, pay for tax, pay for transaction, I did said him I don't have money to pay, than he told me to take loans, as you will soon pay them back. I came in his words, paid all this by Du recharge card. he gave me my lucky number my 7 digit sim number, my file number 410-860-88-pl-00010, and cheque number 8385011790.when ever he used to call me he told me to be in line and not to cut the line. after I paid Transaction fees he told me now you have to deal with Dubai Islamic bank. I talked with Sona Sing, he told me "to approve the transaction you need signature of some sheikh, in counter number 2, the charge is 7500dhs. for two days they kept on calling. when i said i can't give he told me he will request to his company to give discounts. when I didn't agree, they stopped calling me, ( who ever i spoke with, I felt its a same person but different name), I informed Rohit Sharma, I requested him to close my files, he told me it will take a minute to close and for closing you need to pay 1450dhs, and told me to buy Du card again. I told him I don't have money, he again said take loan and its for last and you don't have to pay any more. I too wanted short out this as soon as possible so I again took loan and paid from Du recharge card.now i have so many recharge card, of 11550dhs. on this process i talked with these names Mohamed kamram( he said he is a chief executive director ), he too kept on talking and saying pay 1850 and take your rewards. yesterday also they called me and today morning 8:30am i called in this number to check weather they will pick up the call or not, so this operator spoke with me his name was Mohammed Envar. he told me Rohit Sharma will come after 15 minute, Rohit Sharma called me around 9:15am, I was recording the conversation, then Rohit Sharma said me to stop recording as system is showing error. and i too spoke with Sheikh Rehan, he too tried to brain wash me saying " pay 1850dhs and take your rewards, . but i cut the line. I know now i wont get my refunds, I am a victim of this scam. these people are the biggest scam artist. I know you will think i am a foolish. and i do admit i have been fooled and became foolish. if Du company had send alert messages regarding lottery scam, then i could be alert, i didn't knew about this all. i too had a feeling that why the hell i was paying money to get my rewards. cause rewards are for free. i am so foolish and idiot.

• Dp
      30th of Jan, 2014

guys, today i got the same call from 0553327371. He told me to he is from du company and i win the lottery out of 5000 du subscribers. when i got his call he told me call me back. then i called back and as per he asked my 7 digit sim no was correct and i check that. then he told me don't cut the phone call, u win the lottery of 200000 aed. and u'll get cash from uae ex change. he is going to give me cheque no. but he just made drama and told me again it's not showing in the system your no because of u used ur sim with low recharge just buy 1200 aed recharge card and go to uae ex change. i told him i don't have money . i didn't get my salary. but he told me don't cut the line keep on talking u need to recharged and gave me the same recharge no. and i told him i will collect money from my friends, he told me don't tell any one this one ... after then i told him i don't 'have balance plz i'm going to cut my call later i call u. he wasn't agree but i cut the call . same thing happened to my roommate before he went to the du office and check there but he didn't find any kind of information about this fake du lottery. so plz everyone be careful..

• Bu
      8th of Mar, 2014

guys, it never ends, I just got a call from 055 8572977, I called to Du and made a claim and gave them the number. Hope they will block him. My question is, how they know first digits of the SIM card? It is a secret information in system of Du/Etisalat... May be some previous employee, no one knows...
    Anyway be careful.
    Have a lovely day...

• Ne
      25th of Mar, 2014

Hi All friends,

Two days back I received a call from a number 0527564088. A guy said that I have won lottery for 200000Dhs.To prove that he told me the first 7 digits of my sim card, and told me to check and call him back. I too did that and then he told that I should buy Du recharge for 1250DHs and give him the details.then i recharge1250, then ask them give me the details, but they told me if u want detail u should recharge again 1250, i recharge again, the they told me we contact to al ansari excahanfe they want 1000 dhs for transferring amount, then i recharge 1000 again, then they ask recharge again and again, unfortunately i think delay thats this a cheeting me . my 3250 is loss . again they call me and told me if u dont have money u cancel your price i return your money throug western union so they want 450 again, I called du customer care and checked and found out it is fraud, but they no need to interest action this no, i would like to argue to du plz you care your customer like this fraud.i case file to police.its going on.so that all Du customers will be alert.

• Ya
      6th of May, 2014

Hi all.

The same thing happened to me this morning.some body called me from 0557301238 and he told me that i am the winner of DU lottery and that my number is being displayed on TV for last three days.and if today i will not collect my money i will loose it. as a proof he told me first 7 digits written on back of my sim card. then he asked my name, work place and where i stay but luckily i did, nt tell any thing.then he dropped the call. I tried to follow up and get the ### but he did, nt recieve my call again.

• Su
      15th of Jun, 2014

Hi All,

Two days back I received a call from a number 971529867515. A guy said that I have won lottery for 200000Dhs.To prove that he told me the first 7 digits of my sim card, and told me to check and call him back. I too did that and then he told that I should buy Du recharge for 1000DHs and give him the details. I called du customer care and checked and found out it is fraud. So ppl be very careful. These guys have already done this with lot of Etisalat customer and in the net when we search "Du Lottery fruad", no pages are found, but when we search "Etisalat Lottery Fraud ". There are so many pages and posts. Hence I am posting this, so that all Du customers will be alert.

• Ha
      22nd of Jun, 2014

+971557928618 is another no. being used by these ###. I read all those above comments and the same thing happened to me. This is the second time- the first time with +971557928532 and the latter has been blocked now following the complaint i made to dubai police a few weeks ago. Guys, pls do something with this new no. i have submitted for any suitable legal action...

22nd of Jul, 2014

Got a call from 0556217103 with the same fraud scenario. how could this kind of scam happen despite the my number my identity system here in UAE. telecom company has to act on this.

• Sn
      30th of Jul, 2014

Got a call from +971522691079, with the same lottery story. Sp guys please beware & don't any calls to this no.

• Ga
      3rd of Aug, 2014

Hi Guys..thank so much for all of you for your comments.

Today morning i also got call from +971 556912618. The guy who was talking to me was seem like he is from Pakistan. He was saying all the things which i read in the below messages.

I request Du company to take criminal action against these criminals.

Once again i thanks to all guys who share their views and Complaints board website for awaring me on this scam.

• Su
      17th of Aug, 2014

Dear all, me also received call from 0553274146 same as above, it is fraud peoples