DSL Extreme / Terrible service!

United States Review updated:
DSLextreme has TERRIBLE customer service! I was a customer for several years and suddenly found myself without internet service. I called DSLextreme's technical support number and after a looong wait on hold was finally told that I needed to have a re-connect order submitted. What the technician failed to mention was that he couldn't submit a re-connect order, only billing could so I was without internet service for several more days until I called back and was told that only billing could help me. So I called billing and: was endlessly put on hold, transferred from one person to another having to explain my problem every time, hung up on, told "I'll be right back" only to be placed back into the, "Your call is very important to us..." limbo for (no exaggeration) 25 minutes! When I finally reached a supervisor and explained to her what I had been through, her answer: "Sorry, that's just the way it is." I asked her if I was going to be charged for the now 2 weeks I had been without internet service and of course was told that, yes I was still paying for non-existing service. The final straw was when I told the supervisor to cancel my account and was told that she was not able to do that, I had to send a letter or cancel via my non-working internet service. Do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY from Dslextreme!!!

Comments

Mh
  5th of May, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I called DSLExtreme today to cancel my service. I live in Santa Monica, and the underlying carrier Verizon seems unable to provide reliable DSL connection. So now I have 6 months on my 12 month contract left. Is there an early termination fee available? "No" was the answer.

Can I cancel it now, so that the service automatically ends when the contract ends? "NO - I have to contact them at least 30 days in advance of the contract ending... okay - I'll put that down in my Blackberry and call them back then.

Otherwise to cancel this non-working service now, I have to pay 6 months in advance. Is there no requirement that the service be functional to still be billable? Apparently not. Great work if you can get it. I'm off to Twitter about this lousy experience, and while I'm at it... I'll send a post over to TechCrunch.
Da
  6th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
i agree with the complaints- i'm going through the same terrible service- more like lack of any service! i'm in the process of cancelling. i will not pay a cancellation fee - out of the one month i've had them as my ISP ive had less then 48 hours of internet connection @#$*! arghh
Br
  13th of Jul, 2009
I AGREE STAY AWAY FROM DSL EXTREME, THEY NEED TO HAVE THEIR OPERATIONS CHECKED
OUT. THEIR BILLING IS WAY OUT OFF LINE, YOU CAN NOT REACH ANY ONE WITH OUT A LONG WAIT (1/2 HOUR OR MORE) WHERES OUR GOV. AGENCY FOR THIS STUFF. WE RIPPED OFF U SHOULD BE THEIR NAME.
To
  6th of Jan, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I spoke with a rude and disinterested woman on their sales staff - before I even placed an order. I can only imagine what the service would be like once they have you locked in. I've had better service from the DMV; I can only assume that they employ inmates. O, and when I called to complain another rude individual expressed total disinterest.
Br
  18th of Feb, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Hey, everyone, contact Gen Attorney Jerry Browns office, (CA) and make a foraml complaint, just as I did, it took 2 years, but, I finally proved that this DSL EXtreme is a rip. they have an open complaint in their office. use it, get a peice of mind, in knowing that they are having a hard time proving all of these charges.

DSL Extreme Logo DSL Extreme