DSH Housing Group / Rip off company!

1 4500 Fuller Drive, Suite 421Irving, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 214-492-0226

Company doesn't follow it's own contract regarding refund policy. Company claims mortgage approval to get deposits on modular homes, keeps deposit, then denies approval. Company claims reimbursement for travel expenses to Irving office for purchase process but doesn't follow through. Customer is ripped-off for deposit and travel expenses. My personal losses $5621.48.

Va

Comments

• G
      5th of Jun, 2008

"Company doesn't follow it's own contract regarding refund policy. Company claims mortgage approval to get deposits on modular homes, keeps deposit, then denies approval. Company claims reimbursement for travel expenses to Irving office for purchase process but doesn't follow through. Customer is ripped-off for deposit and travel expenses. "

Agree with every item listed above. In addition, we tried to get refund for nearly 2 years.

Our losses $12, 000 (+/-).

Extremely distressing experience overall.

We dealt with same web site, but the location in St. George, Utah.

17th of Jun, 2008

We were ripped off by this company to the tune of $5000 in September 2007. We are looking for others that would like to join us in a class action lawsuit against this company for violation of many deceptive sales practice laws in all 50 US states. If you are a victim of fraud at the hands of this company and it's affiliates, please contact us (our contact info can be found at loveusa.com/fsbo or by calling 702-617-5519 between 6pm-7pm EST.) THE BUCK STOPS HERE!

DSH Housing Group engages in numerous fraudulent, deceptive sales and trade practices to pressure and coerce non-suspecting clients into signing purchase agreements that contains a "NO RFUNDS" policy hidden on the back side of their contract in small print, which is not explained nor is it even pointed out to you in any way. Fact is, they don't even show you the back side of their contract when pressuring you to sign it. Instead, they tell you that you will recieve a full refund should they fail to qualify you for financing, obtain building permits or numerous other obstacles that may prevent you from being able to buy a home from them.

If you show any signs of reluctance to "lock in the price" of your home by signing their "illegal" purchase agreements, which includes giving them a huge deposit, they will pull their "Preferred Platinum Program" out of their hat, which is nothing more than a scam to further pressure you to sign the contract. They will even go so far as to tell you that their "PPP" "wholesale pricing" program will end that day, so if you don't "lock in the wholesale price" of your home by signing their contract, you will not be able to participate or get the wholesale prices, which happen to be ~$20, 000 lower than their regular rate sheet. This is just the beginning of all the lies and deception they employ to pressure you into signing their (secretly non-refundable) contract.

The players/scammers involved are : Mark Gibson (General Manager), his wife (Vanguard mortgage broker) Justina Gibson, Bob Benson, Victor Harris, Doug Spicer, Dave Higby, Devon Howard (CEO), Scott Leckie, Charlotte Meinkey, Adolfo Carillo, Brent Hanks, Abree Trauntvien, Brock Henning, of 293 East Telegrah St., St. George Utah and 4500 Fuller Dr. Irving, Texas. This company claims on their website, printed material and they will tell you that they are licensed to build homes and/or employ general contractors in AZ, CA, CO, ID, MT, NV, UT, WA, WY, AR, LA, NM, TX (which we could not locate these claimed contractor licences or contractor affiliates in any state but UT & TX).

DSH Housing Group aka/dba Quality Wholesale Homes aka/dba Factory Wholesale homes aka/dba qwhomes.com dba fwhomes.com aka/dba Superior Manufactured Homes aka/dba Peritus Financial Services (each time their complaints at the Better Business Bureau reach the maximum for a 'non-satisfactory' rating, they appear to register a different business name to escape the perpetual bad ratings). Currently between these company names, we counted more than 68 BBB complaints just in the last 36 months. That's more than +2 each month, which if they would provide their total sales volume, we're guessing the complaintants vs actual sales is more than 80% filing formal complaints for deceptive sales practices inclusing many many high pressure sales techniques and refusing to issue refunds.

• Ay
      20th of Jun, 2008

I totally agree with the above statements. Brock Hennig even promised me a refund of 3800.00 out of the 5000.00 and then went back and decided to deduct 2200.00 more leaving me a total refund of 1600.00 out of 5000.00 and still "F" credit.

• Su
      2nd of Jul, 2008

I had exactly the same experiance as above only I lost 10, 000 with no refund. My sales man assured me that all the money was refundable if things didn't work out. They did send one contractor to my property to give me a bid for site prep. The cost would have been over $70, ooo. My lots are relatively flat and I have sewer water and power at the sites. My attorney said it would be too difficult and expensive to sue them. They would not return my calls.

• Li
      17th of Jul, 2008

I have the same problem, once I didn't want to go through with the process because of many red flags from the company, I never heard from anyone again! They don't return or answer calls, they don't answer emails. Of course they are quick to show you the small type on the back of the contract concerning the refunds. I was getting all kinds of paperwork/contracts to sign and I didn't even have a loan approval for the house. But they want me to pay and sign up for the extended warranty??? I haven't even signed the financial contract!!! I am out $1000 which for a single mom is a lot of money. They promise big and come through with little!!!

• Lo
      20th of Jul, 2008

If you are a victim of the varied and deceptive trade practices of DSH Housing Group, aka Quality Wholesale Homes, aka Superior Manufactured Home Services, aka Factory Wholesale Homes, aka Peritius Financial (all dba's of the same company), be sure to file your report at /link removed/ the better business bureua (bbb.org), your Attorney General's Office, department of consumer protection and the Federal Trade Commission. Together we can shut them down so they stop stealing from so many people. We intend to file a class action lawsuit, as well as bring criminal charges against this company for all the hurt and theft of so many economically disadvantaged people and senior citizens.

Please send us a copy of your complaint so me may convince the class action attorneys and attorney generals to take the case.

Thank you.

• Ha
      9th of Aug, 2008

It is our pleasure! --

It is our pleasure to write a letter of reference for Mr. Brock Henning. Mr. Henning was our agent when we bought our manufactured Fleetwood house in 2005. He has provided us with a great customer service. He is an excellent sales motivated and holds good communication skills. For a long period of time (over a year) he practiced a positive attitude and mindset in total responsibility in working on our home project to insure a smooth ongoing process. He is certainly entitled to obtain the highest position in the company since he holds accountable, ensure customer service standards, and achieve management responsibilities in products knowledge.

Mr. & Mrs. Abboud
    California - original letter

18th of Aug, 2008

I really wish i found this website a year ago, then i wouldn't be out $5000.! I got talk into the "the price is going up" so to lock in your price send us $5000. I sent it in Aug of 2007 thinking that we would be able to get our home shortly after that. Well here we are a year later and are still unable to get the home because I don't have a job and we don't quailfy for a loan anymore. I started sending emails to get our money back because we were told that it was only to hold the price, now all they do is keep quoting the back of the contract (which i never signed) and saying we have 3 options. 1 is to give the money to someone else that wants to buy, 2 extent the contract or 3 tell in writing why we should be let out of our contract. I have sent 2 registered letters saying we don't have money and might have to sell the property to live and talked on the phone. ( well I left messages 2 time that were never returned and was only able to get Kathy on the phone when i blocked my number so she would answer) Now all they do is keep sending my emails quoting the back and asking what we want to do. I have already told them what i want to do!! I would like to know if anyone has talked to a lawyer about this or even started a case against them. i called the Division of consumer protection in Utah at this number 801 530 6601. and left a message and plan on filing a complaint with the BBB. I have this feeling I just lost $5000 to these people and im not happy.

• Li
      9th of Sep, 2008

I just received in the mail yesterday an invoice from Peritus, stating that my current bill was $50, with a total of $100 owed. FOR WHAT??? I NEVER signed a contract with these people because I backed out of the deal before that. I am out $1000 with DSH homes because like everyone else, you have to "lock into the price". I left a message with Peritus that I was not going to pay a bill, never signed a contract and if they want that money they can contact DSH because they have $1000 of my money that they did nothing for. Like Mary I am always quoted the back of the contract and given my options. I wrote a letter about getting my money back and yet I still hear from them that they need to know what I want! This is a very crooked company, making money off innocent people full of hope!!!

• Cl
      20th of Sep, 2008

QWH/DSH stole $5000 from me. Their salesman deceived me with their high-pressure sales techniques and lies. They conned me into signing a contract that (I found out after I was refused a loan), contained a "NO RFUNDS" policy hidden on the back page in small print that they didn’t even show me When they took my money the saleman had me totally convinsed they were only “locking the price” because it was going up the next day. He said if I didn’t give them the money to lock the price of the home, it would cost me $10, 000 more the next day because their “PPP” program would be discontined. After they took my money, I never heard from them again. They didn’t send me the options paperwork and contractors list they said they would. After waiting a month for it, and noone would return my phone calls, all I got was a phone call from their finance person, who said I didn’t qualify the loan because my credit score wasn’t good enough. When I demanded they refund my money, they said they would, but instead I got a letter a few weeks later from their lawyer quoting the back of the contract that I didn’t even know existed. He said if I filed a complaint with BBB that they would sue me and get another 20% of the cost of the entire home! How can they keep getting away with this scam and not be arrested? Why wont’ BBB, FTC or consumer protection do something to force them to be honest? I filed complaints against these con-artists that scammed me: Dave Higbee (salesman), Mark Gibson (manager), Justina Gibson, (mortgage specialist), Bob Benson (owner), Victor Harris (lawyer), Aldolfo Carillo (salesman), located at 293 East Telegrah St., Washignton Utah.

• Lo
      4th of Oct, 2008

ATTN all victims of these Con Artists:

We are finally going through an arbitration hearing with DSH Housing/Quality Wholesale homes. We have strongly argued for the Court to apply the decision for the benefit of all consumers/victims of this company's fraudulent business practices. We have appealed to the Court to declare all DSH purchase agreements unlawful, which will rescind all contracts and demand full and immediate refunds of everyone's deposits.

Also, we are asking the court to freeze all DSH assets until their victims receive full refunds of all monies they took as well as asking for punitive relief to help reduce the likelihood of DSH operating these types of fraudulent practices in the future.

We need your help to fight this case. Please send us your testimony as a signed and dated affidavit no later than next Tuesday, October 7, 2008, which is the deadline the courts gave us to submit all witness testimony. Please fax your testimony to: 1-702-617-5552 (attn Chris Wallace) or email to: class@loveusa.com. If you would like us to send you a sample affidavit you can use to quickly complete your testimony, please call or email us as soon as possible. We apologize for this short notice, and hope to have some good news for everyone by the end of next week. We will post a copy of the outcome of our case here as well.

Take Care,

Christine Wallace & Clyde Gephart
    (702) 326-8013

18th of Jun, 2009

Thanx to this website, and all of you who alerted me to how scandalous QWH are, you guys saved me and my wife from signing a contract with the infamous Brock Henning, he wanted 2, 100 up front from me to "lock in the price", yeah right, and we almost did it until I googled his name and [redacted] immedietly poped up, and I read all these testemonials, and it changed my mind very quick. I just wanted to say thank you for warning me about this piece of crap trying to rip hard working americans off.

Very Grateful
    Joey Milam

• Ed
      15th of Jul, 2009

Who can we trust? Family? Friends? Even strangers that offer you the desire of your heart and your desire to give your family a better life.
    Well for sure it is not Quality Wholesale Homes or what every name they may call themselves this time. My wife works over two hundred hours a month, I am on disability and we are taking care of our Aunt who has dementia.

Like a lot of people that were and are just looking for a place where they could get a home at a descent price for their family So that they could give them a better life. Have been taken in by these things that are lower that the ### in a septic tank and are not worthy to be called people.

All they care about is their own greed and not their fellow man. I may not be able to get my money back but I am going to try to make their worthless lives as ruff as I can. I may even try to get Home Land Security in on it a they have obtained my Identity under false pretends, if not Identity thief.

The Piece of ### that rip me off was along with J.T. Maughan at info@peritusfinancial.com (866) 461-1805 was:

Rich Reniewicki
    Senior Sales Representative
    Quality Wholesale Homes LLC
    (800) 242-0060 Ext 141
    reniewickir@qwhomes.com

If I had my way this type of ### would never own or have anything the rest of their worthless lives. They would not be able to get welfare or anything else and any family, friends or anyone that had any idea of what these clods of ### were doing would suffer the same fate.

6th of Aug, 2009

On Jun 2008, me and my wife were looking to buy a manufacture home.The sales rep was Jeff Akins. After Mr. Akins review all my paperwork, he told me, I prequalify for in-house financing, that with $2, 500.00 dollars deposit, We can get our new custom home delivered in 3 months. I signed the contract for model 12-3443 Q and pay the deposit of $2, 500.00 on Jul 2008. We kept in touch on a weekly basis requesting the status; As weeks passed by, issues start appearing(ie. lost the contract, his uncle passed away, waiting for loan manager(on vacation) final approval signature. On October 2008, I told Mr. Akins, that he lied to us since we supposed to have our home in 3 month after the deposit. I requested a refund by talking to Mr. Brook Henning, his repply was "his job is to put people in homes, Not giving refunds", Mr. Henning supposedly chew Mr. Akins rear. Mr. Akins reply he will make it up to us with a bigger home and free upgrades. On October 2008, I signed another contract for model 84-4503 Q. On the first week of November 2008, I contact Mr. Akins about the trim options on the home, he informed me that I have to wait until next week, because they are changing color companies. I contact him the following week and told me he send it in the mail. I waited another week, contact him back, after verifying my address, he came to the conclusion, he had the "wrong" zip code. We picked the trim options by phone using the www.qwhomes.com website. I tried contact Mr.Akins after Thanksgiving Holidays with no luck. On mid December 2008, I finally got in touch with Mr. Akins, but to my surprised, he have been transferred to the South Carolina office. I asked for the status of our home, and he reply is on schedule, it should be delivered by the end of January 2009. I wish him Merry Christmas and hang up. On the first week of January 2009, I called Mr. Akins, to my surprised, he was fired, I spoke to Mr. Henning about our home, but to my surprised, We needed outside financing. He reffered me to Mrs. Dawn Jent to continue the process. Mrs. Jent referred me to Peritus Financial to help me improve my credit, because that's what Mr. Akins supposed to do 6 months ago. I spoke to Mr. Henning again about a refund, and his answer was clear "NO". I contact Peritus An spoke to JT Maughan, filled the paperwork, I ask how long it will take to "Fix" my credit, her response "60- 90 days". I have been trying to contact Quality Homes and Peritus for about 5 months, by phone and email with no success.

• 01
      16th of Aug, 2009

Although I reported QWH/DSH to IC3 on-line which is the same as reporting to the FBI, my husband and I decided to report to our LOCAL FBI office (suggested by my very helpful sisters). Perhaps a warm body standing before them would result in some action.

You have to call for an appointment first, so my husband called and talked to an agent. The agent was very interested in the story of QWH/Goldbilt, etc. and my husband was on the phone with the agent for about 20 minutes. The agent said that time was needed to look over things and wondered if it would be OK to call my husband back, and he said yes.

Later in the day, the agent called back. IC3 was checked and there are "several" complaints filed. The agent said that was good, that when enough complaints are filed, the FBI moves on a case. You are welcome to verify this story. It would be good to have others in the group state what happened when they called their local FBI.

No matter if you lost $1, 000 or $100, 000, you should do something about it. If enough complaints are filed, the FBI moves on the case and the sooner the better.

PLEASE PLEASE CONTACT IC3 BY DOING THAT YOU ARE ALSO REPORTING TO THE FBI! IT IS EASY ON-LINE REPORTING!

Complaints filed show the tendency of QWH to scam (vs. the customer didn't understand excuse).

IC3, Internet Crime Complaint Center - link: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

At the bottom of the page is
    File a Complaint, click there

The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) was established as a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C) to serve as a means to receive Internet related criminal complaints..

20th of Aug, 2009

I bought a manufactured home from them over a year ago and I am living in the home now. There were a few problems. They tried to back out of a promised discount on upgrades, but did finally come through on it.

I am still trying to get the home registered because they didn't complete all of the paperwork. That is almost done. Part of that is my fault though. It would have been easier if I had known every step of the process in the beginning (I'm still learning), and they didn't seem to be very helpful in that department either.

I think I didn't get ripped off since I was buying cash. The home is nice and I did get a very good price on it.

26th of Aug, 2009

this place rip me off for $22500, 00 i heard they changed thire name toGoldbilt or Goldbuilt, was involved allso,
    Dave Higbee`s home address and phone no is
    964 W Bloomington Dr s
    St George, Ut, 84790
    phone 435-688-8946
    i plane on going to see him soon and give him a pice of my mind and other things,

27th of Aug, 2009

Quality Wholesale homes in washington, ut is repping people off, they have took peoples money for new homes and have closed thire doors, will not answer phone or emails, over a year ago they took $22500.00 from me for a down payment on a new home, they said they had to put us through credit repair, Peritus Financial, which i have just found out its owed by the same man, they gauranteed the loan if we done this100%, they wanted our bank info routing no, to draw out money for the down payments, i did not give them that thank god, but we sent 2 bank wires 1 for $2500. and 1 for $10, 000. and a cashers check for $10, 000, over a year ago, they have not answerd emails or returned call in the last 6 months, i looked on the net to fined new no, and emails for them and found out what was going on, and what they have did to lots of others, Dave Higbee & Devon Howard are the 2 mane men, that took our money, and promised we would get the homes or 100% of our money back, i was told there is a class accion suit aginst them, but i dont know where its at since they have offices in many states, they are taking large amounts of money across many state lines and not delivering the homes, now theres a lot of people that has lost thire money and the dream of a new home, someone must stop them, i have heard they changed thire name to GoldBilt or Goldbuilt Homes and is going to start all over ripping peoples money off, so iam asking for your help not just for my self but for allso for those others that have been lied to and have had the dream of owning a new home dashed and now do not have the money to get a differant home, please just take a few minets to surch the inter net for complaints aginst qw homes, and see for your self what they have done to so many famileys, we all need help we cant do it alone, we cant get our money from them and we cant get the homes we was promised, someone has to stop them from doing this and make them pay up or give us the homes we was all promised,
    this is a copy of the letter i have sent to attorney generals of Ut & Id and the fbi, bbb, and some tv news staions,

• Ta
      24th of Sep, 2009

Well in 2007 I heard about QwHomes. In October I decided to go online to check it out. Well we' were in the process of purchasing a manufactured home. When I looked at the options that QwHomes offered, I decided that we would go with this company. Well Herman contacted me. Well in that conversation I told him that my husband credit wasn't good at all so he told me that he could have that fix in about three months. So he then said that he needs at least 2500 to lock in the price, you can get that back at the closing, I would even pay you for coming to irving to pick your color of your home. well to sum it all up these people haven't did nothing but alot of fraud, lying, and whatever else that matches this sick company.

• Cr
      9th of Dec, 2009

I have delt with this company... About 2 years ago my husband and I began the process of purchasing a home through this company. Like everyone above they required a deposit (ours was 5000.00) to "lock in the price". After our initial payment of course the contract changed. Our home went from 60, 000.00 to in excess of 95, 000.00. There were charges added; needed items that they don't tell you about up front, but that you have to agree to in order to take delivery of the unit. When we finally stumbled through the ordeal of ordering the unit and had our excavation and foundation complete and informed them that we were ready for delivery they again had additional fees; that should have been charged at the beginning, but that they decided to hit us with and the statement we got was... we will not deliver until you agree to pay these fees... We were stuck and it was an absolutely horrible experience. We were fortunate (I think) because the bank we used refused to pay the entire amount until the home was on the foundation and completely set up with a HUD inspection before the final payment was released. Dealing with this company is a complete nightmare. If given the opportunity they will take your money and not complete services and to get anything out of them is a total nightmare. They have so many hidden fees; they change your contact person almost every month and you will not hear from them unless they want additional payments. Even though we finally go our house I would advise anyone looking to do business with this company or any of its affiliates to steer clear because it is nothing but an uphill battle!