Dry Clean 4U / Awful company

United States Review updated:
On October 22, 2008 my wife took my winter coat to a dry cleaner located closed to our home (Dry Clean 4U at Tenth Line Road in Mississauga, ON. Canada). At that moment, the jacket was checked and found OK, my wife paid in full in advance for the service ($20) and obtained the costumer receipt indicating that the jacket was in perfect condition.

One week later, she went to pick up the garment and is informed that they found that the zipper puller of the jacket was missing; but instead of calling us to let us know this issue they cleaned it anyway.

Firstly, the zipper puller as everything else in the coat was fine. I just checked it before my wife took it to the dry cleaner. As a matter of fact, the zipper puller had a winter park ticket attached. I decided to leave it there in order to let 'professional' people taking proper care of it. I imagine that one of the employees trying to remove it tore apart the zipper puller. I understand this kind of accident happens. What I can accept is that this people is trying to cover it up. They did not call us to tell about the zipper. They just wrote in their copy of the receipt that the zipper puller was missing.

After insisting on it, my wife was communicated over the phone with the store manager. He insisted that he was informed by his employees about the defective condition of the jacket (caused by themselves, obviously) and he took a 'business decision' by cleaning it.

On top of this deceitful conduct, the manager of the store told my wife that if she wanted the repairs done had to pay other $27. So, they have the gall to ask me to pay for the repair of something they broke. My wife did not accept the jacket under that condition until this situation is solved. I would like to know what it can be done in order to make them fix what they did.
Ro

Comments

He
  15th of Sep, 2009
I went tot he one on madison & main in orangevale, ca - they are a RIP OFF! SCAM BAD BUSINESS!!! DO NOT GO THERE! they changed the charge for cleaning my dress - refused to give me my dress when i refused to pay the higher price - they made a comment about the kind of car i drive saying i could pay higher price...
Ia
  1st of Mar, 2012
What a horrible place ! We also had a bad experience at the Dry Cleaners 4 U in Milton On.They have lost our $1300 carpet and no one even called us to tell us about it. We went by there few months later asking for the carpet again ( with their copy of the bill) and didn't even get an apology. I understand loosing a pair of pants, but a roll huge carpet???
We are taking them to court ! no money and no carpet ... they have been dragging this situation through one of their store employs ... its not going to go this way .
I recommend you NEVER TRY THIS PLACE!