Dr*Symantec.com / Services paid for not received

I am complaining about Dr*Symantec.com. In February of this year I started receiving messages that my virus protection had expired. So March 5, 2006 I renewed the Norton Virus Protection with Dr* Symantec.com. I paid $78.98 for 2 yrs subsrciption with my credit card. 78.98 was charged to my credit card and paid to Dr*Symantec.com. I was notified that the new virus protection was activated and in place. Didn't not hear anything until about a month ago when the notice started appearing again that my virus protection had expired and I needed to renew. I just hit the notifie me in 15 days button and was going to check this out but forgot to until I received notice again today. I got out my credit card statements to make sure it had been paid for and it had. I then looked up the number on the computer page, I called [protected] and left a message that I was interested in talking to someone about virus protection. About 10 minutes later I received a call from a gentleman saying he was contacting me about the virus protection. I started telling him about renewing my protection for 2 yrs and now I was getting this message on my computer I wanted to know what was going on. He hung up on me.

This is not how you deal with a business problem. I would like to know why I don't have the protection when I subscribed for 2 yrs in March. I deserve an answer.

A  28th of Feb, 2007 by
Last oct-nov after i thought i upgraded for another year, but later found it was only the firewall protection. Which i did not care about. I needed the virus and the computer maintenance protection, whatever that is called. My grandson was online when it expired and whammo!! I tried downloading the full set and could only get one part down. I ended up trying a second time and failed again totally. My computer crashed so bad i had to wipe everything off. The geek squad had a time with it. When i cancelled both charges on my american express card symantec refused to give me 69.98 back. I was even forgiving the firewall 29.99 charges. I purchased a different company product and paid for that. So symantec has 99.99 of my money for not using their product and the cost i paid to clean up the problem at the geek squad. It was all attributed to virus that should not have been able to get thru. I could not get any response from symantec through the whole ordeal. I had norton since i got my first computer many years ago. Thanks a lot for the agony and the refusal to remove the charges for nothing but trouble. I got your info to email from amex
A  13th of Oct, 2008 by
This is the worst company ever! They took 2 days of my time to try to downloan Norton Antivirus. When they still couldn't do it, they finally agreed to credit my charges. They didn't credit my charge card and even lied to my credit card company and said that they did provide the software when I disputed it. This is taking more of my time to fight this, but I refuse to pay such a rip-off company when they provided nothing but grief! I emailed their customer service, but no response (no surprise I guess). I will never try to do business with them again. I purchased Panda antivirus instead and am very happy with them and their support.
A  7th of Nov, 2008 by
On the 23rd October, 2008, I also paid to the Norton Protection Centre an amount of 79.99, being for the new anti-virus update for my computer. I paid for this protection with my credit card.
To my dismay the bank rang me and questioned an amount of $2, 799.00, plus the $79.99 being deducted from my credit card. I certainly did not authorise the amount of $2, 799.00 to a CLIVE PETERS AUBURN, AUBURN. I am disgusted and very stressed that a person could do this to another person, I cannot afford to pay this large amount. Please be warned!I also have not received any updated protection, the money taken out but the goods not delivered.