DropShiponAuction.com / Unauthorized charges

Company offered a 5 Day Trial (money back guarantee) of its' available products for drop shipping. You had to pay a minimum of $49.99 to join, at which point you were supposed to get access to a vast catalog of available products, at discount 'membership rates' - completely false!

All available products were poor quality and very overpriced, and of course the quality products were marked 'not in stock' - after reviewing the site for 15 minutes, I canceled my membership and requested a refund.

I received an email from noreply@dsdemails.com that said they would cancel my membership since I did it within the 5 days, however, they were only refunding $30.00 and keeping $19.99 for a cancellation fee.

That was 2 weeks ago, and no refund yet. Emails are not answered by a real person...

Bi

Comments

• Di
      21st of Apr, 2011
    Dropshiponauction - They started charging me an additional $29.99 per month as a membership fee
    Dropshiponauction

I paid $149.98 to sign up. About 4 months after I signed up they started charging me an addtional $29.99 per month as a membership fee. This was not disclosed when I signed up.

I stayed with them for about a year which was a year too long. I probably sold maybe 25 items over the course of that year. Not enough to cover my fees with them.

I made money on only about half of what I found on their site to sell. The rest was either out of stock even though their site said they had 20 to 200 of them available, became discontinued right after I listed it, arrived broken, took a month or more to arrive to the customer or arrived broken.

You can not contact them by phone. You have to write a ticket and then wait for 2 days until they get back to you. When you respond, you have to wait another 2 days for a response.

I ended up having to refund a lot of customer's purchases because of their lack of keeping their website up to date with what was and was not in stock or discontinued.

One time they emailed me asking for another $26.00 in sales tax because the customer was in Idaho. This was not dislosed anywhere in their listing and I had only made a $10 profit on the item. I could hardly ask the customer for it, so I ate $16.00 on the deal.

I finally got fed up and fired them. I am now with Doba. I have sold in one month with Doba what it took me one year to sell with dropshiponauction and their customer service is 100% better. While there are still things on Doba's site that are being sold on eBay for less, I have managed to find many things I could list and there inventory is updated daily.

• Nu
      22nd of Jun, 2011
    DropShiponAuction.com - Don't sign up with these people
    Dropshiponauction.com
    dropshiponauction.com

I signed up with dropshiponauction.com about 2 months ago. I paid $49.99 for the membership fee then was charged $14.99, which would also be assessed as a monthly charge for the membership. It sounded great to begin with, but it was a nightmare. First off, their shipping takes so long I had 2 people mad that it took almost a month to get their items. Then, I had one customer whose item was defective and dropshiponauction.com refuses to refund return shipping even on defective items. They bounced around by stating (after providing explicit return instructions) that the only compensation they could have provided was a return label. This information came a week after their orignal return instructions and the customer already mailed back the item. It cost me $20 reimbursement to him (I couldn't expect a customer to foot the bill on a defective item return) which was about all I made on the item to begin with. This is what ultimately made me cancel with them. Their return policy only addresses defective items at the very bottom and all it says is that the customer is expected to return the item, it does not say that the customer will be expected to foot he bill for returning a defective item. The only items that are referred to as non-refundable shipping are unwanted items, which incur a 20% restocking fee to boot. Also, this was nightmarish because you could only speak with them by phone if you signed up for the $99 phone membership. That I believe was a one time fee, but still…c'mon. They kept saying the warehouses don't refund returns, but my argument was that I didn't order from a warehouse, I ordered from dropshiponauction.com and they were the ones that needed to make the refund. They closed out my "ticket" inquiry not allowing me to pursue it further with them. Then, I had two orders for two other items that ended up out of stock. They do say that is possible, but c'mon, I only made 6 orders from them and only 1 went smoothly. I ended up having to refund almost $1, 000 in orders, plus shipping out of my own pocket, because their items ended up not in stock, became discontinued or were defective. I took a loss on this venture, no gain. I should have been wary because they have no physical street address, none of their emails were signed by a person's name, and the emails were "no-reply" meaning you had to go through their website to reply and that didn't give an actual email address when submitting inquiries. I cancelled my membership and am hoping that goes through before I have to change my bank card number to not allow them to charge me any more monthly fees. Also, i compared many of their items to ebay and Amazon and their prices are NOT wholesale by any means. Plus, I could find no auctions that were being listed or bid on that came close to covering their 'wholesale' price, plus shipping, once ebay and paypal took their fees. They are very expensive for wholesale prices. Don't sign up with these people.

• Go
      8th of Jul, 2011
    Dropshiponauction
    dropshiponauction.com

I paid $149.98 to sign up. About 4 months after I signed up they started charging me an additional $29.99 per month as a membership fee. This was not disclosed when I signed up.