DriveTime / krappy kars

1 CA, United States Review updated:

on november of 08, i purchased a car from drivetime in downey, ca. i told them i only had 1200 dollars for a down payment and they said no problem. i was happy that i was approved, so i just wanted a car right away. they gave me a selection of cars i could get. they only had ugly ### cars. i wanted a chevy impala, but they told me i needed a bigger down payment. i ended up buying an 05 chevy malibu which was very overpriced, but i didnt care. the first day i got it, i took it home and showed it off to my neighbors. i turned it on then the car turned off, i tought it just needed gas, but it was something more serious. i tried calling the warranty company but they were closed on saturday nights. i had to wait till monday to call the warranty company so the can send a tow truck. the problem was the fuel pump didnt work anymore, ever since the same problem has happened over and over again and more problems have happened to the car. the warranty company refuses to reinburse me anything.
i was paying 156 dollars a month for their collision and comprehensive insurance, and i never got anything over the mail saying i was covered. the only time i got something was when i didnt pay for that month, so they kept calling. i was going to pay it, but that money went for fixing the car.
i regret buying that car, i live in los angeles and taking the bus is so convenient, but there are no 24 hr buses where i live, thats why i needed a car.

Je

Comments

• Ky
      14th of Feb, 2009
    DriveTime - Bad business practices
    Drivetime aka ugly duckling
    Arizona

I purchased a 2017 Alero from these people in November 2017, when I first brought it home my window on the passengers side fell into the door, the y supposedly fixed it then the drivers window fell in the door again they say they fixed it, well this happened a few more times, Then in August 2017 the car would not start, I called Drivetime they asked me to get it to their mechanic to look at it, I did and was told the car was fine I brought it home it would not start for 3 weeks and for 3 weeks I called drivetime who told me I would have to get it to their mechanic and pay towing charges, I got it to their mechanic again was told the car was fine and again brought it home and again car would not start, at that point I was fed up I called drivetime to get the car I was done they refused and threatened me with garnishments on my paycheck and everything else they could think of. So like an idiot I kept paying for a vehicle that was nothing more than an oversized lawn ornament until december when I said thats it I am done especially when they tried to say it was my fault the car wasn't working. When I finally got the car started I drove it to drive time pulled in their lot and the car died right there, I handed the keys over and said good luck with it. Now I am getting letters from a collection agency for the amount due of 9, 000.00 The car was only worth blue book 2500 when they sold it to me. This company has to be stopped and if anyone knows how to start a lawsuit against them or if an attorney ever reads any of this please help all of us who have been victimized by these snakes Kyosco Phoenix, Arizona

• Je
      9th of Mar, 2009

i am going thru a similar situation as you, exept my car still works, eventhough it keeps breaking down from the same problem. the warranty company refuses to refund my tow truck bill.

• Gl
      21st of Jun, 2009
    DriveTime - Constant Harrassment
    IH S 35
    New Braunfels
    Texas

I purchased a car from drivetime and since then have had representatives phoning me on a daily basis to "remind me" of payment due dates, if i am late at all i get about 15 calls a day on all lines. They have gone as far as finding my HR rep's name to call him just to harrass me. My caller id will have their id listed 15 times everyday and every day of the week. Isnt it illegal to phone on Sunday's? I have written a cease and desist letter requesting only to be contacted by regular mail and it hasnt stopped the calls. I dont need to be reminded to send my payments in but the more i insist they not remind me the more they harrass me. I will NEVER buy a car from them again and would suggest no one do business with such an unprofessional organization. Their entire goal is to charge hideous interest rates to folks that have allready been a victim of the economy due to that idiot Bush.

• Su
      25th of Jun, 2009

It's not George's fault. It's your's for buying more than you can afford and then being late on the bill. Call Obama and see if he can put a word in for you. Maybe there is a taxpayer that will take up the slack in your payment history.

• There has to be something we can do about drive time they are the worst. They just called me about a payment. I sent them 469.00 that was an insurance payment to me that i signed over to them. THey said they used it towards the principle but they still need to know when my paayment will be made. Now i actually made a regular payment on 7/31/09 it hasnt even been 2 weeks. WTF is wrong with these ###in Idiots

1st of Sep, 2009
    DriveTime - Liars
    Austin
    Texas

Most unprofessional company I have ever worked for. They are very dishonest and wil do and say anything to sell you a car. I have watched them switch a customer off of one car that they qualified for and switch him to another car with that they needed to sell because it was an old age unit. Then to really make him take the car they need to get rid of they made the down payment higher on the one he wanted and lower on the one they need to get rid of. More stories to come.

• Kf
      7th of Sep, 2009

yeah they did that to me to here in fort worth... I wish i never got the car. They call and harrase me at work at home my life of ref. even told my mom to help pay my payment i was a day late on.. I even at this time got a email from them after complaining about all the crap they done.

• Li
      21st of Jan, 2010

PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS COMPLAINT AND STAY AWAY FROM DRIVE TIME!! They are only out for themselves and not the consumer. They will call and harass you, your family and friends constantly even if you are ONE day late. They are like finance company MAFIA!

1st of Jun, 2010

DURING THE MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND, (MAY 2017) THE CAR I PURCHAASED IN JANUNARY 2017 DECIDED TO DIE. JUST QUIT RUNNING. AFTER WALKING MANY MILES TO MY HOME, BECAUSE THERE WAS NO ONE IN THE TOWING SERVICE, AND OF COURSE NO ONE IN THE WARRNTY DEPARTMENT, I WAITED UNTIL JUNE 1ST TUESDAY AND STILL COULD NOT CONTACT ANYONE UNTIL THE DEALER GOT ON THE PHONE, BECAUSE I HAD IT TOWED TO THEIR LOT.
    THEN ONCE THIS HAPPEND I HAD TO PAY FOR TOWING TO A DIFFERENT TOWN FOR A REPAIR FACILITY TO LOOK AT IT. I HAVE THE 36000 MILE OR THREE YEAR WARRNTY, AND HAVE ONLY HAD THIS VEHICLE FOR 6 MONTHS. THE AC IS HAVING PROBLEMS, AND I PAID 1600.00 DOLLARS FOR BRAKE REPAIRS JUST A FEW DAYS AGO.

IF YOU ARE OFFERING A WARRNTY PLEASE HONOR IT. PLEASE QUIT SCREWING THE PUBLIC AND THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

AN OFFICAL COMPLAINT WILL BE FILLED WITH THE TEXAS ATTORNEY GENERAL ASAP!

• Rh
      30th of Sep, 2010
    DriveTime - CAR
    DRIVETIME
    Charlotte
    North Carolina
    Phone: 724-797-7337

I BOUGHT A CAR FROM DRIVETIME THE STARTER WENT OUT A COUPLE OF MONTHS YOU HAVE TO PAY 40 DOLLARS EVERYTIME SOMETHING GO WRONG WITH THERE CAR THEN I NEED STRUTS I DON, T HAVE MONEY I TOLD THEM SOMETHING WAS WRONG WITH THE CAR A COUPLE OF DAY AFTER I PURCHASE IT .DRIVETIME IS A RIPE OFF THEY SOLD ME A 2017 FORD TARUS I FOUND OUT LATER THE CAR IS ONLY WORTH 2.000 DOLLARS THEY WANT ME TO PAY 11.000 DOLLARS FOR THE JUNK IT WILL BE 18.000 BY THE TIME I FININSH I TRIED TO GET OUT THE DEAL3 DAYS LATER AFTER I FOUND OUT I HAD GOT GOT.THEY WOULDN, T LET ME GET OUT THE DEAL.

• Pa
      2nd of Dec, 2010
    DriveTime - Harrasment, not nice customer service
    Drivetime

I am not pleased with this company at all. The customer service department is very rude, and not easy to deal with. I wish that someone had warned me about this company before I signed my contract for the purchase of my vehicle. If you are one day late with the payment the collection department will call everyone of your references to purposely embarass you. They call all day while you're on your job. I'm not in the best of health, and I recieved a call from Drive Time while I was at work. The agent upset me so bad until I left work and went straight to the Doctor's office. My blood pressure went through the roof. My life revolves around the payments for this vehicle. With the high cost of insurance and the payments every two weeks, I'm paying close to 1000.00 a month to drive a 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe. Total rip-off. Let's write the Federal Government.

• Ks
      23rd of Jul, 2011
    DriveTime - used car
    Arizona

I purchased a car from drivetime after 6 mos it broke down and would not start I continued to make payments while contacting drivetime all they would tell me is take a bus, and continue my payments on time I told them I am not paying for an oversized lawn ornament which is all it was good for, besides the fact they were charging 25, 000 for a car at blue book value of 2500. As soon as I could get the car going again which is 3 mos after it broke down I drove it to their lot took the keys and Gave it to them I then told them good luck getting it started, now they are sending me letters they want 9000 FOR WHAT A LAWN ORNAMENT any class action suit I am on board

• Do
      9th of Aug, 2011

If I could give one peice of advice to any one in the world it would be DO NOT BUY A CAR FROM DRIME TIME. They have no customer service skills and its all about them not the customer. yeas i do not have great credit yes i know the interest rates are high. but i needed a car and fast for that they did help. But if you want to be called ten times a day when your late one or two days and then have a punk talk try to talk you into selling your stuff to make the payment that day. then fill free. dear drive time YOU SUCK and eat SHI* thank you

• As
      8th of Dec, 2012
    DriveTime - service
    Drivetime

Never buy a car from them. This has been the worst experience in buying a vehicle. The cost is extremely high with terrible interest rates. The car has had several issues which they always find a way to avoid paying. Also in the year I have owned the car they have not reported my paymenst at all to the credit bureau, so if your hoping to help your credit by buying a car from them think again. Worst customer service. Save yourself the aggravation and stress and choose another company.

• Jb
      9th of Dec, 2012

drive time is one of those companies setup so that people with bad credit can get a car. their interest rates are going to be through the roof for the simple fact that they are dealing with people with bad credit or poor credit. i have heard horror stories from people i know that bought one from them that really mirrors this complaint