DriveTime / Horrible company

Five days after purchasing a vehicle from DriveTime, it was taken to the shop because of a grinding sound coming from underneath and the check engine light was on.

The shop (which DriveTime authorized) kept my vehicle for 3 days and said DriveTime refused to make repairs. They said I had to take it to their Drive Time Repair center for repairs.

So after driving for 1 1/2 hours and spending five hours at their repair center the vehicle was returned to me. On the way home the check engine light came on, the grinding sound returned and the car begin to over heat.

After having the car towed to the repair shop that DriveTime recommended, DriveTime informed me that the problems the vehicle has was not covered by the warranty and I was responsible for the repairs even though by this time I only had the vehicle for two weeks.

After having the car repaired again at a cost of $425.00 was able to drive the car for three more weeks, before it stopped running again. Again I had the vehicle towed to a repair shop they authorized and again I was informed by DriveTime, the problem with the vehicle was not covered by the warranty.

Ed

Comments

• Yo
      11th of May, 2009

I'm currently purchasing a 2003 Chevy Impala through Drivetime. I wish someone had informed otherwise. My interest rate is 26%. The car wasn't clean when I purchased it and had no gas. The outside was all polished up but the next day I could really see the inside. There was dog hair everywhere. I called and talked to the young man I purchased the car from about this. He told me to bring it to be clean. They did something but clean wasn't it. That' s not the worst part. Brace yourself: the check lights has been on since day one- I was told that it was because my gas wasn't closed properly, and for them to look at it would cost me $40.00. When it rains it also rain in my car. I got into the car one day the back right floor had standing water.

I hadn't pay $40.00 of my car note when they called about it. It turned from $40.00 to $120.00.

My friend girl asked me about purchasing a car with drivetime I told her she would be making THE WORST DECISION of her life.

When I look at this car all want to do is blow it up.

• Ou
      7th of Jul, 2009

This company is horrible! They prey on those who have already been had by our ecomony and other decitful companies. Interest rates are radiculious! 25% Shouldn't that be illegal. Oh and don't think about being late! They will call you family, friends, boss, neighbors... doesn't matter. You can call corp and file a complaint, but that is a waste of time and breathe. Corp doesn't know anything about any accounts. In fact, when we went to have a deferement on the account, corp called informing us they were turning our account over the repo because we are 10 days late! I immediately recanted and provided all the paperwork needed to prove we had submitted and been approved for the deferement. These people are rude and persistant. Even if you are the person who pays all bills on time, expect that call several times a day "reminding you of you payment." The store manager is something else too. He doesn't follow through with conversations either. It is companies like DriveTime that puts our ecomony in the red! Shut them down! Dont' do business with Drivetime, you will regret it.

• Ni
      14th of Dec, 2009

Drivetime is a horrible company and I cannot stand dealing with their employees. I had to purchase a car from them because my credit was ruined during my divorce. I regret it daily. Two months ago, I was pulled over for driving with a suspended license and my vehicle was impounded. I had every intention of getting my vehicle out of impound, and while I was getting my license valid, drivetime came and took the vehicle out of impound. They called and let me know they had it and I had to jump through all these hoops to get it back. Even drive to a city 2 hours away, where it was being held. Turns out it was because they repossesed it. For no reason other than it was imponded. I was current on all my payments and everything else.

I got my vehicle returned, but under the condition that I sign a "Modification Agreement" to the contract. They did defer 3 payments for me, during the time I was working to get my vehicle back because it cost me nearly $3, 000. While I appreciate them working with me to get my vehicle back, I don't appreciate their tactics.

Currently, I am fighting with them, because one of the payments that they agreed to defer, according to the terms on their contract that I was required to sign, they made me make, and accused me of being late on. I am pretty sure they violated their own contract, and will be speaking with an attorney.

If you can avoid Drivetime - do so, at all costs. It is not worth the time, harassment, and shady activites on their part to purchase a vehicle from them.

• Li
      21st of Jan, 2010

PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS COMPLAINT AND STAY AWAY FROM DRIVE TIME!! They are only out for themselves and not the consumer. They will call and harass you, your family and friends constantly even if you are ONE day late. They are like finance company MAFIA!

• Sg
      10th of Jul, 2010

@yolidallas,

Your grammar is terrible! I don't know where to start. Please, go back to school. Your bad credit stems from poor education. Take the hint.

I would comment on why your car sucks, but you wouldn't be able to understand.

• Rm
      27th of Feb, 2011

i feel just because you have bad credit doesnt mean your a bad person, circumstances can lead to bad credit, in my case i did it all. i didnt pay my bills and my credit is bad. You still dont take advantage of people because, if youre going to mark up the car, give a decent interest rate, if youre going to have a high rate dont mark up car that much. drivetime is bad about both, i knew my rate was going to be high and the car was over priced, but its the price you pay for decisions you made in past. i will tell you this, if you can by a DT car any other car lot in the nation should finance you just on a signature...lol!

• Ce
      6th of May, 2012

they have suckered you just like the rest of us... i am so sorry you got screwed by dt too !