Driver Payday.com / Scam

1 UnknownBel Air, MD, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-80-car ad

I applied for their program to advertise on my car in exchange for money. I got a call and they wanted to "hire" me and they said they would send me a bumper sticker and they needed me to take a picture of my odometer, and my car with the sticker on it when I got it. but of course they needed to charge me the sign up fee of $109.00 first, and they did. And they said that I would be getting an initial check, and an email giving me a login for their website to upload my odometer and check on my account. They did send the bumper sticker and a check for $11, along with a packet describing how there was a $20 monthly membership fee and some more rules that they did not disclose over the phone. It has been over a month and still no email, I have emailed and called. For a while the phone voicemail box was full, now the line is disconnected. They stole $98 and I have no way to contact them. Lesson learned..

Comments

• Ke
      11th of Nov, 2008

I got the same, "song & dance". I had questions regarding the tax deduction at end of year and tried to call and wrote a few emails and never a response. I got a check for $11 which I copied. So now I've learned of the scam and now I will track them down. Yes I have removed the sticker from the car. The number has been dis-connected as you said and when I wanted to update and enter my mileage yesterday on their website, yes, the website no longer existed.