Driver Manager.com/ Tech Live Connect.com / computer technical services

1 Ramsgate, England, Kent, United Kingdom Review updated:

Having minor issues with computer mouse I looked online for driver downloads. Clicked on PC Drivers - PC Download Center - drivermanager.com‎ . This offers a free download to "Automatically identify and download official PC driver updates ". On completion of scan you are given a phone number to call to purchase the actual driver download. Over a very poor connection you are asked to allow remote access to allow a further system scan and driver download. You are then told your computer system is in a critical condition and needs urgent attention. They offer to put you in contact with a LOCAL technician, even asking for your postcode to facilitate this.They call this "local technician" whilst still on 'phone to you and pass you over to them. Once again a very poor connection. This new person actually represents Tech Live Connect, and proceeds to pressurize you into accepting a service contract with TLC costing around £400. Throughout this process I frequently showed my concern and reluctance to commit, but was persistently warned about the critical condition of my computer, and advised that in the long run I would actually save money because i would not have to purchase any other computer security products ever again. For reasons I don't entirely understand myself, I eventually caved in to this pressure and completed the transaction. Tech Live Connect then took over remote control of my computer for around an hour, to do another system scan and address the faults found. Once this was completed I had other business to attend to away from the computer. In the meantime I had increasing concerns about the manner in which this business had been conducted and the security of my computer and personal information. When I returned to my computer and started up I found it performing oddly, files and programs opening without prompt, and old files, long ago deleted from the recycle bin, appearing. I have since e-mailed Tech Live Connect 3 times expressing my dissatisfaction, my desire to terminate my business with them and asking for a refund. They have not responded to these. It has also become clear from their emails to me that Driver Manager and Tech live Connect are the same company.

Gr

45 ocean ave
    monmouth beach
    New Jersey
    [protected]@aol.com

did not correct my problem and i want it removed from my computer and a refund issued immediately.

• Tl
      3rd of Jun, 2015

Dear Customer,

We at Tech Live Connect apologize for any inconvenience caused to you. Our online feedback team tracked this post recently.

We intend to do clean business and strive for customer delight. Please help us with your transaction ID, your name, email address and phone number. We will check our records and get back to you. We assure you that we will resolve the issue to your fullest satisfaction.

You can write to us at [protected]@techliveconnect.com or [protected]@techliveconnect.com.

Best Regards,