Driver Detective / Useless product

1 Victoria, Australia Review updated:

I purchased driver detective after being directed to their site while searching for an XP driver for an old film scanner. Their website led me to believe that if I signed up I would get the driver I needed and at the same time get a current check on all my other drivers.
Having paid my money I was told that they did not have what I was looking for. I then ran a check on my drivers and was told that 21 were out of date. I then foolishly started to update my system and found that hardware that worked fine before would not work at all. This is where I began to lose it. After a day of reintsalling all my orirginal drivers and getting my system up and running again I went after the company for a refund. No reponses to numerous emails. I even went through visa to try and get my money back. My advice is to stay well away from the useless software. Clearly a fruadulent company with no ethics.

Gl

Comments

• Ar
      18th of Mar, 2009

Driver Detective es una burla, una manera de robarle su dinero al descaro sin que pueda defenderse. No lo compren que todo es un engano lo que me molesta es que otras companias de renombre se ofrescan para recomendar semejante estafa.

• Ne
      17th of Jun, 2009

I solved my problem with Driver Detective company's duplicity by cancelling my debit card and reissuing a new one immediately at my bank's local branch. I had ordered the utility Sunday evening and quickly discovered its uselessness. Attempts the following day to secure a refund met with the usual tech support stonewall. Tuesday morning I went to my bank and discovered that the charges had not been issued against my account. The bank officer recommended cancellation and reissue of my card as the simplest and most effective procedure and I went with that.