Driver Detective / Lies about what it promises

1 Québec, Québec, Canada Review updated:

I just bought Driver Detective for my old Dell Dimension 8200 in order to improve the 64MB NVIDIA GeForce2 MX rendering on a ACL flat panel display. The software pretends to find all my out of date drivers and to have the correct solution for each. I bought it after such an assertion the tool was saying. Once bought, it installed the 128MB NVIDIA GeForce2 instead, which triggered rapidly a Windows XP warning saying this driver was not passing the Window Logo. I went ahead, staying confident in the Driver Detective software. And the display went ashtray as Windows XP said!!! I had to go in safe mode, recover the old driver and do the NVIDIA driver research myself. Which I finally succeeded. But I must say this Driver Detective is a lie as far as I am concerned and sjould be avoided. I DO NOT RECOMMEND it. Beside it does not seem obvious to get a refund, despite the emails I sent to the customer support requesting so... Nobody seems willing to answer this refund request.

Ag

Comments

16th of Sep, 2009

I too purchased Driver Detective, with many emails wanting my money back, no answer to my refund. I am unable to download anything because I have dial up and 15 hrs. into downloading and never did get program to fix my 11 outdated drivers! The BBB needs to be aware of such a scam. I even requested a disk so I could dial up easier. This is a useless product. You can't even call anyone to check on questions about program! I am very dissapointed!