Drive FinancialFraud and cheating

1 Review updated:

Drive Financial, based out of Dallas TX, told us that they were not going to call customers to collect on late payments, but will continue to note the late payment on customer's account and credit report, even if you are a victim of Hurricane(s) Gustav or Ike!! Unbelievable!!!

This amazes me because the company is based in Dallas, TX, a state where Hurricanes often affect. This puts a new swing on the term "loan shark".

Please don't apply for a loan with these guys if you can help it, they have no compassion or common courtesy. If they don't get loan applications, they can't continue to operate.

Comments

• Ca
      Sep 26, 2007
    Drive Financial - Hidden fees, bad customer service!

Count me in!! Drive Financial has got to be the absolute worst company that I have ever dealt with! I have only had a loan with them since March 07 but have already had so many problems. I never received my very first statement so I assumed that my first car payment was due in April and not March. I started getting calls, 2-3 a day. I informed them that I never received my statement and asked if I could make 2 partial payments since I hadn't budgeted for it. They said that wasn't possible and that I had to pay the past due balance in full. So, apparently I am going to be 30 days behind on my loan for the next 5 years. Not to mention the fact that every time I make a payment I have to pay an extra $10-$15 for their "fees". The customer service is horrible. First of all, I cannot understand one person that works there. No one speaks English... NO ONE!!! And no one seems to know what they are doing. When I was trying to settle the above issue I was on the phone for over an hour and a half being transferred from person to person. I would love to help take this company down!!

Jan 14, 2008
    Drive Financial - Scam and cheating!
    Columbus
    Ohio

I got a car loan through Drive Financial June 2017. I made all my car payments on time each month. I filed for Bankruptcy in Oct 2017. As soon as they found out I filed for Bankruptcy they started treating me like an idiot. I continued to pay on time and filled out all the paperwork to keep my car. They stopped reporting my payments to the credit bureau and stopped sending me bills in the mail. They stopped taking the money out electronically as we had set up and stated I had to pay over the phone. Of course when you pay over the phone they charge you $10.95 extra to process. April of 2017 I emerged from bankruptcy. I started getting letters in the mail for car loans etc. I thought I would check it out. I went to a couple of dealers. Well, I got scared when one of the dealers called Drive and when he asked them for a pay off amount they advised him there was none because it was included in my bankruptcy. He also showed me what had come up on my credit report which also supported the fact. I then pulled up my own credit report and it stated included in bankruptcy. I decided to purchase a new car and stop my association with Drive. Especially since I was afraid that at any moment they were going to come take my car away. I tried talking to them several times. I was insulted, called a liar, and was told I had to pay for my car. I told them everything that I just wrote and they said oh well time to pay. I told them I wanted to give the car back and they said okay. This was after 3 months of really nasty phone messages they left me. When I finally called back again and the very next day they sent a tow truck to take the car. This was in June. One week before christmas I get a lovely letter in the mail stating that they sold my car in an auction but they only got 2017.00 for it. They then go onto say that they were charging me other fees and that now I owe them 4000.00. It was a great Christmas present let me tell you. So, now I am doing research and am planning on getting an attorney. What they did is completely wrong. I have seen this website and others with people facing similar situations as me. I hate being taken advantage of and I truly feel that this company has done that. I am trying to get my credit back to a good status and get myself out of debt. They are unbelievable. If anyone has any tips on how I should get started or know of any class action suits please let me know.

Jan 20, 2008

I also have Drive Financial. I wished I would have known about them before I got my car. I wouldn't have gotten it. This is my first car and it might get repoed... the same day we got the car, my husband got laid off of his job and it has been a miracle from God that we have been abled to pay it. We had to move back home and they have been calling like clock work. I even tried to change to date that my note was due, thought it was changed until they called me again harrassing me. I'm late yet again partly because of that be if they come and get the car, we are screwed... I might just say forget it and let them have it. Yeah, my credit will be jacked up but that is just wrong... My car note is $500.00 a month for a 2017 Chevy Impala SS. I love the car but I am really thinking about trading it in once I get everything in order. I can really relate to you guys...they are relentless. Plus, one of my mom's friends got a car thru them. She thought that she only had to pay like 2 more payments until they told her that she owe another $3,000 on the car... Now, tell me ain't that jacked up?

• To
      Feb 06, 2008

This car company is dreadful. No matter what you do they will still find a way to keep you in the hole.

Like many others on this board they have called people not on my loan and tried to get information.

I hope someone from Drive reads this and understands there company is about to come down in 2017.

• Un
      Feb 29, 2008

I AM A DEALER AND I HAVE DEALT WITH THEM (DRIVE) FOR YEARS AND FRANKLY ALL OF THESE STORIES ARE SIMPLY A MANIFESTATION OF A DEAD BEATS UNWILLINGNESS TO ACKNOLEDGE THAT THEY ARE A 3RD CLASS CITIZEN. YOU PUT YOURSELF IN THAT SITUATION BY BELIEVING THAT THE WORLD OWES YOU SOMETHING FOR NOTHING. NO ONE AVOIDED THEIR OBLIGATIONS BUT YOU. FACE FACT YOU ARE A DEAD BEAT AND A LOSER AND A WORTHLESS EXCUSE FOR AN AMERICAN. INSTEAD OF WASTING YOU PIDDLY MACDONALDS PAYCHECK ON CIGARETTES AND BUD LIGHT MAYBE YOU SHOULD THINK ABOUT PAYIING THE DEBTS YOU AGREED TO AS AN ADULT! AS FOR THE LADY WHO SAID THAT THEY NEVER SAW CONTRACTS OR SIGNED FOR A $400.00 PAYMENT YOU ARE A LIAR TO THE 10TH DEGREE. THERE ARE COMPLIANCE LAWS THAT PREVENT THAT FROM HAPPENING AT ALL. WHEN YOU PERFORM THE WELCOME CALL THEY ARE VERY STRAIGHT FORWARD ABOUT WHAT YOUR PAYMENT IS AND WHAT YOUR DOWN PAYMENT WAS. SO AGAIN THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE! FURTHERMORE IF YOU HAD ANY IDEA WHAT A DEALER HAS TO GO THROUGH TO GET DIRT BAGS LIKE YOU FINANCED YOU WOULD VOMIT. LET ALONE THE [protected] DOLLAR AQUISITION FEES THAT THE DEALER HAS TO PAY FOR YOU JUST TO GET THE BANK TO LOAN YOU THE MONEY SO GET OF THE DENIAL TRAIN AND PAY YOUR F-ING BILLS ### ROACH!

• Fe
      Mar 03, 2008

Drive Financial is the absolute worst company I've ever dealt with. We set up a bi-weekly auto pay, and they are taking out the full amount and the bi weekly amount, causing our bank account to overdraw. We have tried for 2 months to get this fixed, faxed the auto pay cancellation to them, and they refuse to stop taking the money out. We are now 2 months AHEAD on our payments.

Their customer service people are shoddy, uneducated, and don't understand English as a first language. This is a warning to everyone, DO NOT SIGN UP FOR AUTOPAY if you are ever unfortunate enough to have had Drive Financial as your finance company.

If you have to deal with this nightmare of a company, use their email chat, at least you can understand what they are saying. The web agents are just as unprofessional and offer the same poor customer service as the rest of the company, but at least you have a paper trail.

This company needs to be put out of business.

• Se
      Mar 11, 2008

Well... I think this site proves that the majority of car dealers and finance companies are con-artitst. Many people lie but far more businesses hide the truth about their intentions. I beleive that most liars hold positions in businesses like "Drive." Inside companies like these is were most scams originate from!

• Ju
      Mar 14, 2008

I had been dealing with them for the past year and half. They are the worst people to deal with and bank with. Don't ever go with them for a vehicle. They are the worst people to talk to over the phone. It is hard to understand what they are saying. They need to attend a english language class. I'm hear in Austin. They threaten to garnish wages from my check if they pick up the car. Here in Austin it is called homestead they don't know what that is where ever they are. We pay a little extra towards the car but the payments don't seem to go down. They are so unprofessional and offer bad customer service.

Mar 14, 2008

You know some one should be able to put this company down to there knees. this is this is the worse thang i ever did in my life!You know I was behind teo day and there goes the phone and evey dai since. I called them to find out were to take the car but was pushed around to evere body that had a phone.No one there new what was going on why are they there?Could not tell me were to take the car,they will not come get it,why you ask be cause every day your late it cost $8.00 it will not show on your bill because they hide it in your interst at the end of your term with them.I DO NOT WISH THESE PEPOLE ON MY WORST ENEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOME ONE SUOLD BE ABLE TO DO SOMTHING. WELL i WOPE TO SELL MY CAR SO i WILL NEVER HEAR FROM THEM AGIN!!!!!!!!!! TELL YOUR FREIND ABOUT DRIVE IF YOU KNOW SOME ONE IS LOOKING FOR A LAON TELL THEM THE NAME AND TO BEAWARE OF THEM!!!!

• Er
      Apr 07, 2008
    Drive Financial - RIP OFFS!!!
    DRIVE FINANCIAL
    N. STEMMONS FWY
    DRIVEFINANCIAL.COM

I PURCHASED A 2017 TOYOTA COROLLA CE IN DECEMBER 2017 FROM DOWNTOWN AUTO CENTER IN OAKLAND CALIFORNIA. I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN WHAT I WAS IN FOR WHEN THE SALESPERSON WAS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. I WAS TOLD THAT I WAS APPROVED FOR A LOAN WITH DRIVE FINANCIAL AND BY GETTING THIS LOAN IT WILL HELP TO REBUILD MY CREDIT! SOUNDS GREAT HUH???? WRONG!!! 2 DAYS AFTER I PURCHASED THE CAR I WAS REAR ENDED FROM BEHIND AND WAS TOLD BY THE DEALER TO NOT LET THE FINANCE COMPANY KNOW! RED FLAG!!! OKAY, IT GETS BETTER, I FELL BEHIND ON MY PAYMENT A YEAR AFTER I RECEIVED THE LOAN DUE TO LOSING MY JOB I CONTACTED THEM TO LET THEM KNOW AND I WAS OFFERED A DEFFERMENT ON THE LOAN ANYWAY THEY ENDED UP REPOSESSING THE VEHICLE I REDEEMED IT BACK PAYING ALMOST $1500 IN BACK PAYMENT, AND REPO FEES, WHICH I WAS ADVISED WOULD BRING ME CURRENT AND IT NEVER DID, THEY REPOSESSED IT AGAIN AND FINALLY I SAID FORGET IT KEEP IT! THEY SOLD IT AND NOW THEY ARE TRYING TO SUE ME FOR THE BALANCE OWED! THIS COMPANY IS A BUNCH OF CROOKS THAT CHARGE EXTREMELY HIGH INTEREST RATES!!! THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE AND THE MANAGEMENT TEAM IS NO BETTER! I STRONGLY SUGGEST LOOKING INTO THIS COMPANY PRIOR TO ACCEPTING ANY LOANS WITH THEM! A CLOSE FRIEND OF MINE WENT THROUGH THE SAME ORDEAL . BUYER BEWARE!!!

•   Apr 14, 2008
    Drive Financial - Terrible experience!
    www.drivefinancial.com

This company has absolutely no morals and I am sure they are within the violation of several laws. They call me before 8am and after 8pm everyday of every week, several calls and hour when I am at work and even after I've gone to bed. They hit new lows when they began to call always within a few minutes of 8am, is this illegal or what? They now have started to call all day Sunday as well... I thought there were laws about this kind of thing.

NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU PAY THEM THEY KEEP CALLING. They trumped up about $300 in late and other fees on me... but when I ask them to break down what these fees are about they won't give me details. They call from various numbers, or block their number so you won't know it's them. And as others have shared even if you have paid them they continue to call. They'll call folks on my contact list and told them horrible things, and the bottom line is that they'll stop at nothing.

BOB LEWIS - SAN JOSE is the dealer that's in cahouts with them... don't give them your business they are just as corrupt.

• Ka
      Apr 21, 2008
    Drive Financial - VERY RUDE CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS
    DRIVE FINANCIAL
    P.O. BOX 562088 SUITE 900 NORTH
    WWW.DRIVEFINANCIAL.COM

WHEN CUTOMERS CALL IN TO MAKE A PAYMENT WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE SO DIFFICULT TO MAKE A PAYMENT. I HAVE USED THE AUTOMATIVE SYSTEM ALMOST EVERY TIME. BUT WHEN THE AUTOMATIVE SYSTEM IS NOT WORKING, I ALWAYS END UP WITH A RUDE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP. THAT HAS NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE DOING. THEY ASK TO VARIFY INFORMATION, "WITCH THEY ASK SEVERAL TIMES, AGAIN I GIVE THEM THE SAME INFORMATION THAT THEY JUST ASKED FOR.THEN THE REP IS RUDLEY ASKING ME WHY DIDN'T I MAKE MY PAYMENT ON THE 17 TH? YOU ARE LATE!CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE HELPFUL. WHAT IS IT ANY OF HER BUISNESS AND WHY WOULD YOU HAVE SOMEONE ON THE PHONE TALKING TO CUSTOMERS LIKE THAT...I ASKED TO SPEAK WITH A SUPERVISOR AND I GOT HUNG UP ON. I CALLED BACK GOT A GUY THAT SAID HIS NAME WAS LINDSAY, PROBABLY NOT HIS NAME BUT HE WOULD NOT LET ME SPEAK TO A SUPERVISOR EITHER. WHO OR WHAT TRAINING CLASSES DOES YOUR COMPANY SEND YOUR REPS TO. THEY NEED MORE TRAINING. CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS IS A PLUS .YOUR COMPANY HAS NONE . I AM SURE YOU HAVE A HIGH TURN OVER FOR THAT POSTION BUT CAN YOU HIRE PEOPLE WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS. I WOULD HOPE THAT YOU WOULD LIKE YOUR CUSTOMERS TREATED WITH RESPECT.

May 29, 2008

If what you say is true, then you really have a good case to file a lawsuit for harassment. It is illegal to call before 8am and after 8pm. They can legally call more than once per day depending on contact. For example, if they call your home and leave one voicemail message they can still call again to get you on the phone directly. They can't call and talk to you more than once or leave more than one message.

As far as the "trumped up" late fees, you can really get them on that. You should ask for an amortization of your account and ask for an explanation of what your charges are. You may want to even record your conversation to use against them if/when they try to change their story. If they can't explain it, then there's a good chance it shouldn't be there and in this time of Sarbanes-Oxley they'll be in a great deal of hot water.

They have the right to call co-signers or references. I don't know what kind of "horrible" things their saying, but if it's untrue or private things about your account you may have grounds. If it's a co-signer they can pretty much tell them the specifics on the account as they are fiduciarily responsible for the loan as well.

May 29, 2008

Seriously, what are you complaining about? You fell behind on your loan and they repossessed the vehicle. That's what happens. They're trying to sue you for the balance; that again is what happens when you don't pay your debts.

I don't see how it's your finance company's fault that your dealership told you not to tell them about your damage. What I think is that you didn't tell them so that you could keep the payment from the at-fault party's insurance settlement. If your lienholder knew of the damage then they would want the damage repaired, if not you could pocket it. How's your holding information their fault again????

Also, you said that when you paid the 1500.00 in repo fees and payments it would bring you current. I'll bet it did, but since you had to drop 1500.00 all at once, I'll bet that you couldn't make the next payment due and you fell right behind again.

I used to work for an auto finance company and I used to see this all the time. It's not always their fault, but I will admit sometimes it is.

• Me
      Jun 13, 2008
    Drive Financial - Loan payoff
    Austin
    www.drivefinancial.com

I have been reading all of these complaints on Drive Financial. I bought a car that was 10, 000, put down 2, 500, and financed 7500. It has been almost 4 years now, and I am STILL not finished paying for it. I paid 1300 several months ago, but apparently they calculate their interest all the way through the end, even if you're paying off early.

They are a bunch of crooks, and I need to know if/what anyone else has been able to do so far.

• Do
      Jun 19, 2008

i work for a financial company and if your payment is not made on due date as agreed on the contract your principle would not go down because majority would be going to interest. If you're going to payoff early the interest would have to be calculated in with the total depending on what kind of loan you have.

• Mi
      Jun 24, 2008

its amazing that in this case, the creditor's the one who lent the money in the first place is the FRAUD, i mean, you signed a document ... stating you will pay them on whatever date each month, it doesn't say that you will pay them within 10 days or 30 days from that date... it says that it will be paid on that day ...

so the creditor, they call you to find out well, what's up? is it another bill... is it something that is going to keep coming up? can someone help you out? ...are you going to pay me back or is it going to be this constant fight for the next 4-5 years? and you interest... well... how to explain this for someone who doesn't work with it every day ...

simple interest is calculated daily, from what ever day you made last payment, if you had bothered to read the contract first... or even ask the seedy little dude in the dealership that question, maybe you wouldnt be feeling that vicious stab in the rib every month when your car note comes in.

tell me, you make sure your mortage payment is on time, because you want to be sure a roof is over you and your kids head... but you ppl are acting like the car note doesnt matter, this is the vehicle that gets you to work, gets your kids to school, and all the in between. this is the vehicle that is showing the rest of the world that you can keep your world, and you are a worthy investment...

yes i know the 'account managers' could do with some person to person training skills, unfortunately we are taught to be collectors first, customer service second, and some ppl take it to a whole new lever, yes i know you got screwed into this high interest loan that is probably not what you see yourself as worth... you actually think you should pay less.. (WHO DOESNT?)

but, aside from being brutal, and being of different locations that you, are the agents who call you really doing you something wrong? drive's customers expect ppl to always be nice, in the last week, i have been called paki... black whore, chiney freak... african this that... blah blah blah... and i get told don t take it personally, the customer isn t mad at you... they may blame you, but they are actually mad at themselves... crap... if i could tell some of these customer's what i really feel like without being reported...

its working here that is showing me yet again how ignorant ppl are...
    sign your life away, then being angry to the person who was trying to help you because they have to use some kind of disciplinary methods to keep you on point.

Jul 25, 2008
    Drive Financial - Nasty people
    drivefinancial.com

Ok. So I was young and dumb when i got this loan to purchase my first vehical from drive financial. Not only were the people at the car lot very shady about there dealings but drive is unbelievable. I got a 2017 sport trac ford..and financed 19506.00 for it with a trade in. being my first car i was so excited. it was used but who cares. Now i pay and pay and pay and pay and still of just about what i started with...I dont understand..Oh and the calls are crazy..I have tryed many times to have my money come out automatically and there is always a reason they cant do it..I am glad now...I am a student and need a vehical to get to school otherwise I would have givin' it back to them a long time ago and would just deal with the credit report thing. I dont know much but I do feel this company should have a lawsuit against them...I would love to join it in N.C. The day I bought this ### of a truck, i think i grew up a bit and relized people are liars cheaters and will take the shirt off your back...and after reading this I am now going to do something about it...whatever that might be but something

• De
      Aug 08, 2008
    Drive Financial - Poor Customer Service/Communication

My loan was purchased from Triad Financial on August 3, 2017 and the communication that I have received from both Triad and Drive has been absolutely ridiculous. First of all the communication was sent out late stating that my loan was sold and then 2 payments were taken out of my account. One by Traid which they said would not be taken out then the other I set up via a recurring EFT. I have faxed what they asked me to on August 6, 2017 when I discovered the problem. They are now doing nothing and I continue to get a run around from them. This is a great way to begin a customer relationship isn't it? I spoke to 5 people in their office that have not been able to give me any information. They tell me to call back, call back, call back. This type of customer service is unprofessional to say the least. I supposedly spoke to a floor manager who hung up on me. Real professional.

• Me
      Aug 12, 2008
    Drive Financial - rude, no communication, fraud
    mckenzie
    Tennessee

I got a 2017 dodge neon in feb 2017 and i to was financed with drive. my storry is pretty much the same as everybody elses. I got behind and a month ago i made arrangements to may some on the car so they would not repo it. on the day i made the arrangements to pay the very next day that night at midnight they came and got my car. takin everything that was in my car with them. i made plans to pay what i had to pay to get my car back and within 2 days of them takin my car it was moved which i didnt find out bout til after i had paid the past due balance and called to get the info to go pick up my car which i was under the impression was just maybe an hour from my house. to my suprise i find out that 1 my car was in little rock arkansas which is over 5 hours from my house but that there is a condition repoert on my car because they have been tryin to start it with a key that was in it which they thought went to the car and its only a dummy key but doesnt have the electronic chip in it to start teh car. needless to say a week after my car payment has been caught up i still dont know where my car is and i am gettin the run around from every person i talk to. i will be contacting a attorny and i will sue if my car is not where i can get it by the end of this week.

• It
      Aug 19, 2008

you need to learn how to spell if you want to be complaining

• St
      Aug 19, 2008

First of all, these questions are asked consistanly to make any sort of neccessary updates to your account...Second, it is their business to know why you were late, reason, because one, they may be able to work something out for you depending on your situation and two...YOU SIGNED A CONTRACT WHERE YOU ARE REQUIRED TO MAKE A MONTHLY PAYMENT ON THAT DATE...Now you did not make the payment, don't think they should know why...YOU OWE THEM MONEY...HELLO!!???? Now about the superviosir issue, if the rep doesn't think you need a sup, honestly, they don't have to get a sup because guess what, the sup is also going to relay the same info to you, which technically means, time would be wasted actually having that sup take the call...Now if you think they need customer service training, you should be the one to train them, you seem to know alot about customer service...Now go back and think again...These people loaned you money when no one else wanted to, with the intention of assiting you with having you credit redeemed...Don't you think they are helpful enough to even consider you for the loan...THINK ON IT!!! Oh, by the way, you have some words spelt incorrect

Pobranie nagrody

• It
      Aug 19, 2008

the reason why you never got the automatic withdraw done is because your account was not current ...and the reason why they call is to inform you of the status of your account and it is also for your best interest ...if you return the calls and set up payment arrangements they wouldnt call you so often ...and it is not that there are liars it is that you dont believe the truth ...stop complaining and make your payments on time ...i have a vehicle finance with them and i dont have a problem with drive ...i have been paying off my car for 2 years and never got harass or anything you know why because i make my payments on time and whenever i am going to be late i call them and inform them of it ...

• Da
      Sep 04, 2008

You are so right about these people! Their reps do not even understand English. She put me on hold for 25 minutes and then disconnected me. Then I got the message that customer service was closed although it was only 10pm est and they are supposed to be open until 11pm central time. They can't even tell time!Our loan was also sold by Triad to these jerks and like you said the communication was terrible if not illegal! I think we are supposed to have 30 days notification when a sale occurs. Now my second statement -the one for Sept has not come- and they do not know why it was not mailed out. OBVIOUSLY THEY WANT TO TRICK US INTO BEING LATE. I think companies who sell their loans should be forced to tell you up front that you might end up with jerks like Drive Financial. Then maybe we would have gotten financing elsewhere. How do these companies get licenses to operate anyway? Someone should ask our Presidential Candidates what can be done about them.

•   Sep 15, 2008

I recently became a Drive Financial customer (FORCEFULLY!!) because the other company I was with (which I never had a problem with) sold my account this these people. I did my research on this company prior to making my payment -- which is due on the 15th of every month -- I got so scared because I did not see ONE positive report about it.

I went into it, though, with a positive outlook hoping that maybe I'd be one of the few lucky ones who didn't have any problems... WRONG!... as soon as I called them so I could get my new account number and also ask when I should expect my new paperwork (rather information regarding my account and statement for payment the following week) I was told that if I wanted my payment to be ON TIME every month I would have to mail out the check the 1st of the month so it could get there by the 15th and THEN allow 3 to 5 days for the check to be processed and posted.

I thought this was ridiculous. I was also told it would be a 'foolish' idea to use the billpay at my bank because they couldn't guarantee they'd get the payment on time. NOW, keep in mind that I use billpay for a few accounts I have. Some of them pay electronically, others pay through check. Suntrust has NEVER once been late on any of my payments... I set the date for payment (which is usually 1 or 2 days before the due date) and it's done.

I told this to the lady and she immediately got defensive and got this rude tone in her voice... she instantly pushed their methods of payment as being the ONLY reliable sources otherwise I'd have to pretty much 'ride it out.' I hung up with her shortly afterward seeing that I was not getting anywhere with her.

I then proceeded to call Suntrust and inform them of this bull... that I had just been told by Drive Financial. The guy told me that it sounded absurd because the longest a check will take to get to a certain company is 5 days -- they send everything first class mail -- and when they get it, even that shouldn't take more than a day. He told me that it must be their way of pushing their 'extra fees' on the customer (meaning, their $10.95 over the phone and online fees) so he just told me to put the 'pay date' on Bill Pay for one or two days before -- I did just that -- and we hung up.

The 15th (of August '08) rolled around and I'm thinking 'OK, they should have gotten my check by now... It might be posted to my account or maybe it will be tomorrow' I checked that day (the 15th) and nothing... I checked again the 16th... and NOTHING... Finally, on Monday the 18th, I checked again and it had posted to my account. I looked at my bank but no money had been taken out, yet. I decided to call DRIVE and see what the problem had been.

When I spoke with this lady (can't remember her name) she told me the checked wasn't received until SUNDAY the 17th -- I immediately knew something was wrong with this picture because the mail DOESN'T DELIVER ON SUNDAYS -- I told her just that and she said 'well, that's when we got it and you accrued $19.98 of interest between the 15th and the 16th of August since your payment was LATE. Yes, she said 'LATE!' I was appalled because they should have gotten that check on THURSDAY the 14th!! the latest Friday the 15th.

I immediately called Suntrust to see what had happened. They told me they mailed out the check on the 8th or the 11th (I can't remember right now) and that Drive should have gotten the check by the 15th being the latest day he then proceeded to open an investigation. After I got off the phone with Suntrust I decided to call DRIVE again to verify again the exact date they received the check.

I spoke with another guy and he told me they didn't receive the check until the 16th and because they don't update anything until MIDNIGHT my payment didn't post until the 17th which was SUNDAY. I told him that, that is absurd because I had sent it in through Bill Pay with a promise of the check being there by the 15th, although, it should have gotten to them on the 14th (THURSDAY) one day before the actual due date.

I also mentioned that an investigation had been opened with the department at my bank and they'd be contacting them. He simply said 'ok... but you have to keep in mind the mail takes up to 10 days to get here' I told him 'yes, I do realize that but when it is sent through first class mail the longest it takes is maybe 5 days... and THAT is a MAYBE... usually it gets there by the 3rd day' he didn't say anything so we hung up shortly after.

I was not able to keep up with the investigation due to the fact that the following week I had an accident at work but I called again last week (suntrust) and they told me they had spoken to DRIVE Financial and they told the bank that 'they had received the check on time, I wasn't charge any late fees or any other sort of interest and the check posted on the 17th' I couldn't believe what they told the bank since in two different occasions I was told I had accrued $19.98 worth of interest.

I told this to Suntrust and the guy escalated the investigation and said they'd call again and inform them of this. So I waited a few days (during this time I had a payment already scheduled for the 12th 3 DAYS BEFORE MY DUE DATE... so do the math: first class mail, scheduled to be there by the 12th) I called on Thursday Sept 11th and Suntrust informed me that they had spoken yet again to DRIVE and were told the SAME thing as before and said that whatever I told Suntrust was not true...

I informed Suntrust that company were known to be liars and to open the investigation one more time he did just that and I also told the guy I'd be calling back shortly because I was going to call DRIVE and see what THEY would tell me. When I spoke to DRIVE they told me the same information as before 'your payment was late blah blah you were charged $19.98 worth of interest' I got her name (Zinita) and her agent number and called Suntrust back with this information so I'm waiting to see what they say tomorrow...

Now... it seems like DRIVE is doing it AGAIN! As you read earlier I scheduled my payment to be there by the 12th of September, meaning that Suntrust probably mailed it sometime between the first week of September or the latest being September 8th, right? Well, I checked my account online every day this week and guess what? NO PAYMENT HAS BEEN POSTED TO MY ACCOUNT!!

my due date is tomorrow... and if my payment isn't posted that day... I don't know what I am going to do... I REFUSE to use automatic draft from them, seeing how they take more money than they should from people's account, and I'm not paying their $10.95 fee -- I find it ridiculous -- I have NO PROBLEM paying my car and when I was with TRIAD Financial I was NEVER LATE not even by one day.

I'm sure Suntrust won't be happy to hear that these people are holding their checks for long periods of time. It makes them look bad. Like I said, I have other accounts I pay with Suntrust's Bill Pay and they have an impeccable record. So right now, it's just DRIVE purposely making my payments late.

Again, I have NEVER been late ONCE on my payments. and I ALWAYS schedule my payments on Bill Pay for 1 or 2 days before and for the month of September I scheduled it 3 DAYS BEFORE. So it's ridiculous what they're doing. Any advice??? I know no one will refinance me because I owe more than what the car is actually worth since I did a trade in and it added 4 grand to my total loan amount. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I will be updating this sometime next week... I REALLY hope my payment is posted tomorrow since it will be the 15th.

Sep 19, 2008

I purcharse a car with them, pay them always on time, they would charge me fees continuosly, so when i got some money I payed off what I owed them, 6675.00, they gave me a pay off and they charge me interest.
    what a bunch of Douchbags,
    Sorry my friend, its the world.

Sep 25, 2008

I can't help with your problem, but just like you Triad sold my acct to Drive Financial in late July early Aug 08... After reading all the negative reviews on them I decided not to even chance my credit rating dealing with them, So I quickly refinanced with my credit union (thank goodness)

• Wo
      Nov 07, 2008

i bought a car from saturn of amarillo in february 2017 dealt unfortunately with the gm dean sather credit manager david alvarez and jason madried. the company lied to me about where my car was being financed thru. they told me i would deal with them directly? no it went thru drive fiancial even when i made payments on time they came harassing me and harassing nme. my car was hit head on in december 2017 thought it was paid off totaled. what happened the credit report still showed i owed 6000 on it but it is paid. drive financial 3 nights ago sent a repo man said they were repossessing the car for saturn of amarillo knocked oon the door at 9pm cannot do that. they tried again today. something will be done it hurts dean sather and all the crew at saturn of amarillo are ### the best part of it is people know and drive financial is too. i have heard there are 6 lawsuits pending vs the company

• Ry
      Dec 06, 2008
    Drive Financial - Payment/ Customer Service

I made my payment late in November, so i scheduled my payment for december when i made the payment in november. I get an automated phone call telling me to get in contact with Drive's customer service. Sure enough the payment that I was TOLD was scheduled, wasnt. I called customer service, explained that i was told a payment was made, and was then called a liar. When i asked to speak with a manager, the most rude, uneducated, GHETTO, unprofessional speaking person got on the phone. He LAUGHED at me and told me that I NEEDED TO GET IT TOGETHER... I ended up being charged a late fee when the payment WAS SCHEDULED... The worst service EVER.

• Ga
      Jan 06, 2009
    Drive Financial - write off / never late
    New York

I purchased a car through Road loans in August 2017. The loan was quickly sold to Drive Financial. I have made payments on time since then. Yesterday I got an email notification from my credit monitoring service that a change had been made to my credit report. I checked it out and Drive Financial has written off my loan! The credit report states "written off/ never late". I tried calling Drive several times, and I get hung up on, or now one knows what is going on and they send me to a recording that gives me the name and number of the credit reporting agencies. I don't know what has happened to my loan.

Has this happened to anyone else?

• Ci
      Jan 06, 2009

Drive Financial is by far the worst company we have ever worked with. First of all they wouldn't even post our first TWO payments AND charged us late fees when the payments (by check) had already cleared our bank!!! They had some ### bogus reasons as to why they held off posting them so right out of the gate we look like we pay late!!! The vehicle is in my husbands name and he has had to call four times to add me on as an authorized person to talk with about the account!!! NO ONE SPEAKS ENGLISH!!! GOD PLEASE, WE ARE AMERICANS AND CAN'T EVEN GET SOMEONE IN THE UNITED STATES TO SPEAK OUR LANGUAGE!!! We have only had the loan since May 2017 and can't wait to get out of their clutches. NOTHING is easy about dealing with this pathetic, good for nothing company!!! Someone please take them down or if you need character witnesses we'll be there!!! We are so pissed off with the whole deal we are ready to just quit making payments and let them repo the damn thing. We could buy a vehicle from a 'buy here pay here' and have the stupid thing paid off in a couple of months but wanted to increase our credit!!! WHATEVER!!! WE WOULD RATHER TAKE THE HIT!!! Customer service is crap and they drop the ball on everything they are suppose to document. BEWARE!!! RUN BUYERS RUN!!!

Jan 12, 2009
    Drive Financial - Blood Suckers
    drivefinancial.com

I have had the most horrendous experience with this company in the history of financing companies. Last year, I needed to utilize Drive Financial to purchase a vehicle because my credit was less than stellar. Needless to say, had I known then what I know now, I would not have done it. Since the purchase, we have made all of our payments on time until the economy faltered last fall.

My DH and I are self employed in construction no less and frankly were doing extremely well up until the economy took a dump. When that happened and money became tight, I informed Drive Financial that I wanted to voluntarily surrender the vehicle so that I could rid myself of the car payment. What an idiot! I wanted to do the right thing!
    Drive Financial has ignored ALL requests to allow me to retunr the vehicle. They have told me that I will continue to rack up late charges and interest on the account until they choose to come and get it. Subsequently, I will have to pay all of those late charges and finance charges and whatever else they decide to throw on top of it when the car is auctioned off.
    The DH and I are well aware of the fact that we signed a contract and well aware of the fact that we will have to pay the difference of the auctioned vehicle. We will, if we can, pay those funds. I have never disputed that with Drive. In fact, I gladly told them that when the bill came, if we had the money, I would gladly pay them.

Their response is continually, there is nothing we can do about it because they are a finance company not a storage house. I said, let me take it to your storage house. They said no.

It’s blackmail, it’s fraud, it’s not right to not allow somebody to do the right thing! We want to help them get their money back in some fashion. Now it just feels like we’re being sucked dry by another company that will benefit from a stimulus package.

In the future, I will not use Drive Financial and I will not recommend them to anyone! I will tell anybody thinking of using them to run far and fast and find somebody else to finance their vehicle.

• Da
      Jan 13, 2009
    Drive Financial - Awful company
    PO Box 562088 Suite 900 North
    drivefinancial.com

Like those filing reports against Drive Financial, at the time I purchased my car, I had less than stellar credit.

My husband had come home from Iraq and had medical problems which made him unable to work for more than a year. Previous to this we had a credit score over 700.

Needless to say, we needed a car and ended up being financed by Drive. What a nightmare! They engage in predatory lending practices, making loans for people they now have no choice and squeeze every dime they can out of them. They engage in harassment and deception.

We finally had cleaned up our credit and decided to refinance our car only to find out that the first two years we had made payments went strictly to interest. We had not paid any principal and owe basically what we purchased the car for after two years of payments. SO now we are stuck with a car that we can't trade in, sell otherwise get rid of!

When we called them to talk to them about it, they blocked our phone numbers and we had to make calls from other peoples phones, even to make payments! We can't contact them from our cell phones, or our home phone.

These people should be ashamed of taking advantage of people who are dire straights.

Not all people have bad credit by choice and preying on them is a shameful act!

Feb 11, 2009

My father leased a vehicle through Drive Financial. He passed away in June of 08. I called and told them he passed away and I wanted to do the pay off when the death benefits cam through, but it wouldn't be until September. The lady I was dealing with said it was fine, just keep her updated.

About 3 weeks later I received a call stating to pay the balance in 3 hours or the vehicle gets towed. I spoke with management and they pretty much said sorry, pay or else. After I made payment, a week later they required another payment or repo. Every two to three weeks they were requesting payment. They were harassing me, calling 8 to 10 times a day, even calling my wife's phone, in which I never gave them the number to.

They even got an old friends number, a friend I haven't talked to in almost 1 year. To scare me into payment, they even have repo trucks drive by my house as they are calling. I am not on the lease at all, my dad is. Knowing he passed they still call asking for him and will not speak to anybody else but him.

On one occasion, they called my aunt claiming she was a reference on a lease I signed... I didn't even have a license at the time the vehicle was leased. Drive Financial is a rip off. They require you pay more than value. They will harass you, or track you down, and make you play they're scam games. Watch out.

• Th
      Feb 16, 2009

IF YOU GUYS PAY YOU BILLS YOU WILL NOT BE RECEIVING ANY CALLS YOU ARE FOOLISH AS HELL I HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH THEM FOR 2 AND A HALF YEARS AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM SO PAY YOUR BILLS ON TIME AND YOU WOULDNT RECEIVE ANY CALLS

• Th
      Feb 16, 2009

YOU CALL DRIVE FINANCIAL REPS UNPROFESSIONAL IF YOU PAY YOUR BILLS AND STOP ACTING LIKE A [censored] THEY WOULDNT HAVE TO BE RUDE AND GHETTO

• Ca
      Feb 23, 2009
    Drive Financial - Avoid them!
    Drive Financial

This company has given me so much grief and stress, I have even had to go to ER for chest pain and now need a cardiac work-up.

I am not a young woman. I owe the money, but I, like millions of other Americans am having a very hard time. I am truly doing the best I can and will pay what I owe as I can. I work Full Time and am not on any Govt. programs.

I am just tired of being abused. I thought it was against the law. I don't know what to do. I cannot answer my phone. They wake me up and run my cell bill up and I have to have my cell phone for my job.

I am a visiting nurse and I work long hours and get no relief form these people ever. They are relentless.

• Al
      Mar 12, 2009
    Drive Financial - No customer service
    drivefinancial.com

I lost my job in May of 2017 and I am at the end of my unemployment benefits and can no longer make my car payments. I contacted Drive Financial to voluntarily surrender my car. A request was made and I was told I would have to wait for someone to contact me. They have no where for me to deliver the vehicle to and an agent will have to be assigned to pick up my car and store it until it could be sold at auction.

A time-frame for them to get back to me could not be set. I would just have to wait. I started this process on February 19, 2017. Everyday I called to discuss the voluntary surrender of my car there was some reason it couldn't be handled until 03/02/09 when I was finally transferred to someone who could actually help me. Meanwhile they call everyday to continue trying to collect.

I was told today that because my account is not that delinquent (it is only 11 days behind since they gave me a deferment on 02/20/09 that moved the past due amount (three months) to the end of the loan) it would be sixty days at least before they respond to my request. I cannot make them understand the sense of urgency that is needed. In sixty days I will not be in my apartment and will not have a phone.

As of this writing I have no place to go. I am trying to do the right thing here. I had one representative tell me today that Drive Financial could not be concerned with my apartment or my phone. That their business with me regarded my car and that they have a contract. If I have no address to have mail delivered to and have no phone for them to call me on how are they going to find me, muchless the car?

Another rep asked me today what my call was regarding and when I told her my car what else would I be calling Drive Financial for she said something rude and hung up. Drive Financial obviously does not train their customer representatives to think out side the box or must not encourage creative thinking.

I have twenty two years experience in customer service and I am appalled at the level of service that they give. I was hung up on at least by 7 different people today alone. I have been lied to, mis-led and given false information. It seems that you cannot speak to a Supervisor or Manager at Drive Financial. They appear not to exist because one is never available and you always have to call back.

I am of the old school that when you are speaking to someone that is either incompetent or is not empowered to do what needs to be done you escalate the call. By what I experienced today Drive Financial doesn't understand the meaning of the words escalate and sense of urgency.

I called [protected] which is listed as the main switchboard number on their website and the girl that answered didn't even know the name of the person who is in charge of the Customer Service Department. She had to put me on hold to find out. When I asked to speak to that individual she had to put me on hold again to have someone tell her what to do. (I was given the name of Anthony GRay.) They will not transfer you to someone when you have their phone extension and have been given assurances that someone would do so.

Their representatives are rude, uncaring and argumentative. They have no personal integrity. If they did so, they would not treat their customers as they do. When you call their [protected] number a recording tells you that the call may be recorded for quality assurance purposes. That is a joke. In my career if I had ever treated a customer with such indifference, rudeness and callousness I would have been fired on the spot.

I finally manged to locate a list of the officers of Drive Financial and a local number to their headquarters in Dallas, Texas that I will call tomorrow to see if I can connect with their Chief Operating Officer, Jason Grubb. I can't wait to share this story with him. I have already shared it with the local television stations in the DFW area. I know from what I have seen on the internet that there are serious problems at Drive Financial.

You would think in the current economic situation in the US that they would have a plan in place for dealing with situations like mine. I know that I am not the only person faced with losing their vehicle. They have made a difficult situation that much worse. Tomorrow I am filing a complaint with the Texas Attorney General. Today I filed one with the Dallas Better Business Bureau.

• Ri
      Mar 19, 2009

Same thing happened to me!! I've called them twice practically BEGGING them to come and get this car (that is being financed at 20% in the amount of $17, 000 for a $9, 000 vehicle -- and the loan doc shows that when all is said and done I will pay... $24, 000!) -- The person I co-signed for isn't paying, so I told them... go and get that car, they gave me some line about what it would do to my credit, etc. I KNOW what it will do, but that's better than racking up that interest & late fees! I asked them to take the car and tell me the difference after auction so I could pay the balance. They refused.

I called the following month when I realized that the payment had yet again not been made on time. She told me "It's only 19 days late. If we repo'ed every car after 19 days, we'd be out of business!" --Before all was said and done she told me that this is a "domestic" matter with nothing to do with them. It was up to me to make the payments. Then she hung up on me. I made up my mind that after telling them twice to go get their property and they refused... They won't get a single dime from me. They're after me because they know she can't/won't pay. Little do they know NEITHER WILL I! I tried to do something to get them paid at a reasonable rate, they don't want that, so they get nothing from me. How much worse will my credit report be if I let this non-payment/late payment thing go on vs repo? Not much, by my estimation. They can take the car and just TRY to get me to pay now.

By the way... the dealership gave me the "you've been turned down at this company, we'll try that company" routine 3 times before "helping" to find Drive Financial... Rip off from beginning to end.