Drive Financial Dba Santander Consumer USAeverything

I made the mistake of letting this company handle my car loan. Not only do they not keep up with your payments, gettting a straight answer from anyone in that cpompany is impossible! You can speak to one person about making a payment, and 50 other people will call you constantly regarding the same thing. They need to learn a little human compassion during these economic and stressful times. Regardless if the payment is late, be thankful that you are getting a payment at all!! Alot of people including my self who have found theirselves jobless and close to being homeless, what's more important - making your rent payment on time, or paying the car note on time?

Comments

• Jk
      Sep 19, 2009

I have been paying my car loan since March 2006. All payments on time and above the amount due. I rounded the payment up from 292 to 300 every month. Come May 2009 payment, I did not receive a statement, nor my typical email alert that a payment was due. So I called customer service, (to me they are very hard to understand, broken English) this is when they where changing over their name from Drive Financial to Santander Consumer. I was told a payment was not due, because I had been paying more then the amount due every month. If you calculate it out, $8 * 36 months it comes out to about $288. My normal payment is $292. I thought that sounded about right then. But I decided to mail out a payment anyways. But I had addressed the PO Box it wrong and the payment was returned. Now come Sept 2009. They tell me I owe them $410 since I did not make a payment in May. Of course I called customer service and spoke to rep and she told me the supervisor would tell me the same thing, I held for a supervisor. So why is it 4-months later, you’re telling me this. I asked them since they record their calls, I would like them all pulled for the month of May 2009. I was told they would update my account, once accounting looked at the account. I said NO, I want someone to call me. They will come to the same conclusion you did, no payment made in May 2009. I did not receive a statement in the mail, an e-mail alert and was told by the rep a payment was NOT due for May 2009. I had been receiving all along, all of those EVERYTIME for the last 36 months, and none come May 2009. I will also be filling a complaint with the better business bureau and the AZ attorney generals office.

• Br
      Oct 31, 2009

Their website consististnaly claims that im so many days overdue when I login to make payments. I have tried to talk with the people that call me as well as calling them via their 800 number becuase of some qeustions I had regaurding some fee's on my account and wanted to also notify them I would be making a late payment. They never can explain any fee's in qeustion and this particular time they told me that I was 45+ days overdue and they were going to notify the credit reporting agencies of this at the end of the month. I wanted to arrange for payment to be pain a few days after this end of month date they had cited and was told that their computer system did not allow them ANY means to update my account with this information. Keep in mind I was notifying them out of courtesy, and they basiclly told me that since they cant even update my account and all they were able to do was process payments that even though I was letting them know about my late payment I should just "Pretend this call never happened since they had no way of updating my account status at all unless I made a payment of any amount right then and there." My last payment was for 300+ the standard amount I usually pay and I have their website records showing it was posted on 9/30/2009 yet when I login to their website it displays that my account is past due for 45+ days. Surely their is a means for a class action lawsuit based on their shady practice. Lets not even get into the banking fraud that I beleive occured between the dealer and the finance company when I purchased my car, but then they sell out the original finance company that wrote the loan. I suspect they get dealers to use them over other creditors via incentives, gifts and kickbacks and then the original finance company after a year or so gets purchased by the larger holdings company. THIS IS ORGANIZED CRIME and not to mention a whole list of other violations, but since I don't have supeiona power as a freaking consumer I have no way of even attempting to do the job that our state attourney general should be and was elected to do... contact me if you wish to get details of my situation. brokendash @ gmail.com