Drive Financial - Dallas TX / Keep away from this company!

I purchased a vehicle from Huston Motors, Lake Wales Fl.back in July'06. They organized the finance with Drive Financial, Dallas TX. We were rushed into signing the contract without reviewing it thoroughly. Only after we realized that a fee of $2500 was added to our loan. When I contacted Drive Financial I was told that those were fees to lend us the money. I told them that I was not aware of these fees when I purchased the vehicle and was not satisfied with the sale tactics of Huston Motors and their company. I was told that at that point they couldn't take back the vehicle and I was stuck with a loan costing more than the cost of the vehicle. I sent my first payment to Drive Financial by mail since they charge $10 to pay by phone or online. The check arrived on the 16th Aug. They repossessed the vehicle on Aug 15th claiming that they had not received the first installment and apart from that I didn't want the vehicle. After 1 week and many calls I was obligated to pay the storage fee to get back my vehicle and they paid the repossession fee. During the week I didn't have my vehicle I was not compensated by Drive Financial, only shouted at on many occasions. KEEP AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Comments

20th of Jan, 2008

I purchased an 04 Ram in Sept. of 05. I knew the interest was 18.5 % when i signed the contract. to avoid missed or late payments, i opted fot the direct draft. This went fine till may of 07 when they, for no reason, stopped drafting my account. I caught on and paid the amount due wich was well over 2000 dollars. they started drafting my account again and everything was fine till July when they stopped drafting again. I have been overseas since june adn just arrived back in the US on the 8 of January. I checked my account and was advised that I was 5000 behind and that they had written of the vehicle. I have tried to contact them to find out what I can do to resolve the issue, but can not get anyone to talk to me. They have not goten my vehicle as it has been in my garage since I left, but they don't call me so I am at a loss as to which way to go from here. Any ideas?

• Wi
      26th of Jan, 2008

We have had the same problems with Drive. They call everyday, call family members, tell them things that are personal. We have had payments posted to the wrong account, added fees posted to our account and our vehicle picked up without any prior notification. They are very rude on the phone.
    They also charged us $2500. to process our loan that we didn't findout about until later. We were told the extra charges were for taxes. Later to findout we owed taxes that we had to pay out of pocket for. We were told we could refinance for a better interest rate after 1 year only to findout they don't do refi's. My payoff is now larger than the truck is worth and noone will refinance it. This we owe thanks to all the charges and high interest rate from Drive Financial.
    I believe they are nothing more than theives and should be stopped. They are ripping off the low income people who are trying to better themselves.

7th of Feb, 2008

I have a truck that was financed thru drive and have been for over my 60 mth contract. when I hit that last payment they told me I STILL OWED!!!!! another 3200.oo .... what is going on with this company? WELL NEED TO START A CLASS ACT SUIT AGAINST THIS COMPANY TODAY. WE CAN WIN THIS .....

contact me if you are interested in doing so ...Cheryl Wilson

• Dm
      29th of Feb, 2008

yeah they got me too baught a car for 7k wound up financing for 18k , signed up for direct deposit the papework never went thru and they said that was my first late payment coponents were left out of the car, sent 1 more late payment and the car was reposessed, plates never turned in so my liscense was suspendedand has been for 2 yrs now until the plates are spoken for, ive paid for this car twice with the trouble they caused me; and oh yeah the attitudes of the cust svc people are terrible they dont know what theyre doin and the best part is they sold the account to a collection agency and are asking for 5k and sold the car for 5k

• Dm
      29th of Feb, 2008

If theres a lawsuit please contact me [email protected]

• Tr
      6th of Mar, 2008

I purchased my car in Aug. 07 the salesman wanted to tell drive that my had all these features and it didnt. I was charged with with high fees. I told drive i want to cancel the deal and they say i couldn't. Now i am stuck with a high note and nobody will refinance.

28th of Mar, 2008

i have to disagree with all you idiots about staying away from drive financial. they're all the same. simple interest is simple interest whether you get financed at dfs for 18% or joe blow financing at 18%. if you're going to stay away from 1, stay away from all of them. except you probably can't because your credit sucks so you have to get financing from a place that charges +18% interest. anyway, i have a spreadsheet i use to keep track of my payments to dfs that breaks down the principle and interest each month i pay and so far dfs has been correct. it's the same math when i was financed through my bank at 4.7%. and for you idiots that say, 'if i knew what i would be paying in interest yada yada yada, ' well, you did know. it shows on your contract that you sign. if you finance a $20, 000 car at 18% for 60 months you're going to pay around $30, 000 total. that $10, 000 broken down is going to be around $170 a month. however, as simple interest, it will be around $2-300 for the 1st month and not that much smaller for the last month. that's if you take all 60 months to pay your loan. jesus christ people, read those numbers in bold on your contract and learn some goddamn math. numbers and calculators don't lie even though you think dfs is. simple interest at a high percentage rate sucks. deal with it or fix your credit or refinance.

• Me
      23rd of Apr, 2008

hello i need you all to stop calling my number for a mr jones my name is marcell i dont know him never have, this is a cell phone that they are calling for my place of buisness thsis my 4th complaint i will take matters further i have made 3 complaints this is the 4th the name that they are calling for is RUSSELL JONES . AGAIN I ASK NICELY STOP CALLING MY NEXT STEP IS TO CALL AND MAKE A COMPLAINT WITH AN ATTY. SO YOU ALL WILL KNOW HE DOESNT LIVE HERE IN LANCASTER WITH ME AND I DONT KNOW HIM .ALSO EVERY TIME I WRITE YOU ALL I DO MAKE COPIES OF THESE LETTERS SO YOU CANT SAY THEY WERENT EMAILED TO YOU I WAS TOLD I COULDNT SPEAK TO NOONE WHEN I WENT TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE DO TO I DONT WORK THERE AND DONT HAVE A BADGE SO I HAVE MADE SEVERAL ATTEMPTS AND THIS IS MY LAST .THE OFFICE I WENT TO WAS OF STEMMONS FREEWAY .

THANKS HOPE YOU CAN RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM SO NO FURTHER ACTIONS WILL BE TAKEN I'M 65 AND TO OLD FOR THE HARRASTMENTS!

MRS. MEEKEE MARCELL

• Di
      29th of Apr, 2008

I decided to look into getting a car loan to help with rebuilding credit, and the dealership that I went to picked Drive Financial. I had never heard of the company before, and not knowing any better, ended up with a jeep liberty with a monthly payment of $554. That part didn't really bother me, because I was just happy that they had taken a chance on me, and I knew of course that because of my blemished credit, I would be liable for a higher interest rate. In looking at my statement however, I noticed that 8 payments down the road where I had paid $4, 440 to drive, only $711 had actually been applied to my principal and a huge $3729 had gone to interest. This is insane!!! Now there's no way that I would have agreed to that contract if I had that information up front. I feel used by the Shoreline Suzuki dealership, aparently the higher your interest the more money they also make. And I really believe that what Drive is doing should be illegal.

• Ro
      13th of May, 2008

You know what is so funny? is why would someone who does not have a problem with Drive even be on this site defending them, unless they were actual employees of Drive. There are more people who have a problem with them than people who do not. Even though there are some people on here who could be telling a poor me story, I am sure there are many more people on here who are really getting taking for a loop. I am one of the people on here who feels like I am being taken for a loop, but I am actually doing something about it. I am not sueing anyone at this moment, but if any of you would like to know what I am doing please feel free to contact me via email. My plan calls for everyone who is going to do this with me, that we all do it at the same time.. One person may not make a difference, but if we can get as many people as possible to do this then that will make the impact even more. So please email me.. We may even exchange phone numbers if you feel that what I have planned will work. P.S. this is very legal, I work in the field of law enforcement, and will not do anything to put my career at risk. [email protected]
    Roger Holmes
    Cleveland Ohio

• As
      5th of Jun, 2008

I WAITED ON HOLD FOR 10 MINUTES THEN THEY SAID DO U HAVE HER EXTENION. I SAID NO AND THEY HUGN UP. ARE YOU KIDDING ME. I HATE THEM. THEY ARE SO RUYDE. I WAS READING UR COMPLAINTS WHILE I WAS CALLING AND IM LIKE WOW THEY SOUND BAD THEN THAT HAPPENS. OMG I HATE DIRVE FINANCIAL.

• Wa
      20th of Jun, 2008

DRIVE FINANCIAL SHOULD INFORM PEOPLE THAT THEY ARE ONLY MAKING INTEREST PAYMENTSWHEN THEY ARE BEHIND. I MADE A BIG LUMP SUM PAYMENT AND FOUND OUT IT WAS ONLY GOING ON INTEREST. I THOUGHT I WAS AHEAD BUT STILL BEHIND. I AM ON MEDICAL LEAVE FROM MY JOB AND WAS AND STILL IS HAVING A HARD TIME CATCHING UP. ALTHOUGH THEY SAY THEY ARE NOT DOING DEFERMENTS FOR NO ONE WITH NO EXPLATION WHY. THAT WOULD CATCH ME UP WHERE I THOUGHT I WAS. ALTHOUGH THEY WERE THE ONLY ONE TO GIVE ME CREDIT THEY SHOULDN'T TAKE ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE WHEN THEY RUN INTO BAD LUCK. THEN THEY CALL MY HOUSE WITH A SMART ATTUIDE THAT IS UNACCSPTABE AND UNPROFFESIONAL THERE IS NO CAUSE FOR THAT WHATSOEVER.

• Dr
      20th of Jul, 2008

I have worked for 3 companies that do what drive does. These three companies would not touch any of these loans because of the credit issues 90% of the drive customershave. Before you complain to much consider this!! There was no one in line to finance your car nor was a drive representative present to exsplain your note. You really have to remember this is a business and every complaint listed clearly states I could not pay my car and I can also assure you 99% of these complaints when a unit was secured was at least 70 days past due. Question: What happens when you pay your electricity bill 70 days past due.. Click Lights out!!
    Same with rent... Time to move... Here is the real problem we call you to find out why the bills is not being paid and no one wants to call back and intelligently talk to us. Believe it or not I would love not to have to call every day.. Try returning a call believe it or not it works. Put the shoe on the other foot I owed you $15, 000 would you except to get paid???
    Loyal Employee

If you need to be educated on a simple interest loans or deferments and late charges... Research before you be a car!

• Bi
      24th of Jul, 2008

Well, Loyal Employee of DFS, tell me this. Why won't your company change my payments to the end of the month, after I have asked a countless number of times. To your next comment, yes, my payments are made on time, it would just make it easier on me, that is all. All they say is we need validate who you are ect. and don't do crap after that. Your company is full of liars and really rude people. I have only met one nice person in your whole company. I usually just get hung up on when I am contacting your company for information regarding my loan. It is getting ridiculous.

• De
      27th of Jul, 2008

How can we get help from this company. They are ferocious and very hard to work with. We plan to meet them in court and see how this can be addressed. Keep us in you prayers.

• Do
      30th of Jul, 2008

Look everyone I know your problems have been years ago but there is a solution. If everyone no matter how old your case is if you will go to www.occc.state.tx.us and click on Contact Us they have a complaint form for you to fill out. Now if you follow their directions they will investigate Drive Financial, which is what I am about to do. These people regulate the finance companies and if they do not answer you or do reply to OCCC they will be facing fines and could possible be shut down. Drive Financial had to go through them to get their license to do consumer financing. I hope this will help everyone too.

• De
      12th of Aug, 2008

I just bought a car from Rodeo Ford and they have me going through Drive and now I am scared to death. I haven't received my paperwork, which I thought was weird and they are hounding me to get this vehicle on my current insurance. I don't know what to think. The dealership has given me an address POBox for them in Dallas, TX. But is it real... I hope I am not going to be taken like some of you. I can't afford to have this horror story happen to me. I will pay the payment on time and I'll suffer the $10. I feel so confused and used by all this. I usually go through my credit union for car buying...I don't understand why all this is so secretive by the dealership!

23rd of Aug, 2008

Hi Everyone, I just got my 04 GMC Envoy thru CarMax on Sept 18, 08 they got me financed thru Drive Financial, ( high interest rates like every one else) and not I'm reading this site of complaints! Wow! My credit is not so good. Reading these comments/complaints helps a lot. I will send my payments return reciept so they don't say they did not get it, and just pray to never be late. Things happen in life. My credit union turned me down due to the past credit problems and we need a car to get around so what the heck! Pray for a blessing everyone so we can pay cash.

24th of Oct, 2008

I agree with all the cpmplaints against Drive & wish someone would initiate a class action lawsuit. I would sign up in a heartbeat! They harrass my friends & tell them I am being arrested for grand Theft Auto & call me to tell me my vehicle has been reported stolen. It's plain & simple harrassment & not in any way proffesional or legal! If you read the reports on [redacted].com you will see more of the same unhappy customers of Drive Financial.

7th of Nov, 2008

We bought a used car from Courtsey Pontiac of Lexington, Ky. They financed it with Drive Finanical of Dallas, Texas. I gave them our incomes and proof of it. Five or six times they requested more or the same things again. Then they wanted the payment overnighted which we did. They called wanting to take it out of our acct. even though we wouldn't have another payment at that time. To say they cancelled the contract. With 500 miles taking information they wanted 310.00 payment and 1000. down payment we are returning car today and thankin the Good Lord not to be involved with Drive or Courtsey. Both would be old fashioned flim flam artists. I'm thankful we found out about them and all the complaints. They should clean up their business practices and be honest or truth in lending