Drive Financial / Illegal repo

1 Baltimore, MD, United States Review updated:

I had a loan thru this company. My husband went out of work for disability because he had surgery. I notified them because we were told at the time we purchased out vehicle that we had the disability insurance which pays your payment if you are out of work. I never heard anything further, so i assumed all was well. Then we moved and i changed my mailing address with the post office and changed insurance companies. The insurance company asked for Drive's address so that they could notify them. Well two months later my father in law (whose house i have never lived) called and said someone put a post it note on his mailbox that they needed to serve me and my husband papers. My father in law then called my husband and said the man would be back in 15 minutes. He went there and they took the truck before he could even walk to the door. The company then told us we had 15 days to get them the money. We called the very next day (less than 24 hours after they took the vehicle) and were told we had no chance of getting the vehicle back. I had a full investigation and the authorities ruled in our favor.

Comments

• Ro
      1st of Sep, 2008

I FINANCED A VEHICLE IN FEBRUARY 2008 WITH DRIVE FINANCIAL I CALLED THEM IN MARCH OF 2008 AND TRIED TO MAKE AN ADTIONAL PRINCIPAL PAYMENT OF $100.00 I
    WAS TOLD I HAD TO BE PAID AHEAD FOUR MONTHS TO
    MAKE A PRINCIPAL PAYMENT...
    THIS IS AGAINST THE FAIR TRADE COMMISSION I HAVE FILED
    A COMPLAINT WITH THE FTC..

• Ro
      1st of Dec, 2008

I've had nothing but problems with drive Ever since I got my car, Yes I am a slow pay of late but I have been making my payments, I paid august 30 and was advised that another payment wasnt due till novemebr, well I went to make a payment today and they said there searching for the car. They claim I'm 129 days late but how can that be if I've been makingpayments.UPDATE when I got home they took the car!!!I've made 42 of 48 payment, I owe 6 more payments 0f 325 which comes to 1968.00 plus the so called 3 months i'm behind comes to a total of 2943.00. According to them I still owe them 6000.00 can any help me??? Why has this company been allowed to do business so long.