Drive Dynamics Driving Schoolfranchisee struggle with work

T Review updated:

Dear Franchisee please avoid drive dynamics and do not sign a contract with drive dynamics they are false and just take your money. I had a very bad experience with drive dynamics. The are so sweet before the contract signup - once you sign that contract thats it they dont want to know you. How ever the best way to work as a driving instructor is get your website up for only £50 and pay google ads like £10 per week which will generate 20 customers. Do not signup with drive dynamics. I am better off now with google adsense. Now a days build a site is easy there are alot of driving school templates that you can purchase for £10 readty to go. Please i urge you to copy paste this complaint in to blogs. i have started to list on blogs and forums to help franchisee to avoid Drive Dynamics.

Instructors if you have worked for drive dynamic please raise your voice and support this complaint. I also will open a forum on drivning schools to avoid. I will also advertise and contribute into advertising ads to drive many instructors how to avoid scams and how to open your own websites for only £10 with free hosting and running google adsense. we do not need to fall for traps like i did

Drive Dynamic are a total scam total lie. Read the contract that they mention which they do not fulfill.

Drive Dynamics Driving School

Oct 03, 2012

I fully agree with the above comments about drive dynamics. As an ex employee working for this so called established family run business they have no regard for pupils and in some cases the instructors who pay a fee every week for their services. The staff working there are so unprofessional and in some cases on the boarder of racial slur towards paying pupils. I say this as i had a short stint their for about 3 weeks which has to be the worst job i have ever come across. Do not touch this company with a barge pole the way they treat paying customers is disgusting and totally ignore giving back a refund when consumers have the right to one.

Oct 19, 2012

I TOO HAVE HAD THE TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE OF DRIVE DYNAMICS AND HAVE FIRST HAND HEARD HOW THEY TREAT CUSTOMERS ON THE TELEPHONE AND HAVE A KNOWLEDGE OF THE SHOCKING ETHOS OF THIS COMPANY. IN SHORT THEY SHOULD BE BANNED PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STAY CLEAR BOTH INSTRUCTORS AND PUPILS ALIKE...

• S
      Dec 25, 2012

I agree with the above statements drive dynamic are total liars and stole my money!!i tried and tried and tried but refused to pay me back as my instructor never turned up i then got my bank to apply chargeback. I have reported drive dynamics to DSA drive dynamics you really should stop all this fake advertising about offers. Learners always read the small print..

• N
      Feb 16, 2013

They ar a bunch of Con Artists - the director is a woman call Beverley Midgley - find her on twitter and bombard her with hwat a fraud she is - they have never paid me what they owe me in full for all the lessons I have given - We should report the to Trading Standards and Watch Dog

Feb 23, 2013

They have just set up a new business called - The BOM - Beauty on the Move - based on their "very successful franchise model" They are actively trying to ramp up business by the same old sell it cheap theory. Makes them money but no one else. They have a facebook page and twitter account / web site as well. Someone needs to get the word round about this before they con any more franchisees. They hook them in then sue them when they realise they have been had and try and leave. Wouldn't touch with a barge pole! The internet if full of bad reviews on them. The review centre keeps removing their reviews as they complain about them. Great review site if you cant share your experience unless its good. The internet is a powerful thing !

Feb 23, 2013

she has closed down her twitter account - cant take the criticism. The net is closing in on them now

Feb 23, 2013

i am in acontract with drive dynamics and have been conned like all the rest i will fulfill the contract as i have been advised to do so and then at the end we go for them directors and so called managers instructors and pupils stay away re- instructors, it is not the fault of instructors many have been bitten and are probably trying to get out of contract, the fault is with the management and owners

Feb 23, 2013

Look at The BOM - beauty on the move - the latest venture - they have a facebook page and are on twitter. Anyone thinking of joining them dont. You have been warned

Feb 28, 2013

Nobody mentioned when I booked my 17 year old grandson that the lessons for £99 had strings attached. He had already had received a number of lessons from another source, and I did make this perfectly clear to the telephone operator, but they just took my money on false pretentions, and duly sent a gift voucher for my grandson. My £99 covered just 2 lessons, and I will have to put this down to experience, and try not to be conned in future. I am considering contacting Trading Standards.

• B
      Mar 06, 2013

I am currently I'm under contract with a driving school, and am unhappy with their productivity - I'm nearly 6 weeks in with only one pupil supplied.
    How did you guys get out of your contracts early? Advice needed please

• S
      Mar 07, 2013

i hv just come to the end of a 12 month contract and i am so glad to get away from Drive dynamics and i agree with all the above comments .. they wont give me an up to date pupil list so i can make sure they have paid me for all the pupils they supply to me avoid them if your instructor avoid avoid avoid

Mar 08, 2013

Drivedynamics is a great driving school and I wish all you people would stop ganging up on them and get a life. I would not be alive now if it wasn't for drivedynamics.So back off.

Mar 08, 2013

Franco Lanni - you are in the minority. There are many, many people unhappy with this company that includes pupils and franchisees. There are complaints about them all over the internet on this and many other review sites. You may have had a positive experience with them but a lot of people have been ripped off and want to warn others. The driving instuctors are just trying to make a decent living and the pupils want low cost lessons. Kan Kan and Drive Dynamics totaly exploit this to their own gain. So please open your eyes and respect others situations.They are real people with genuine grievances. If KK and DD were a well run organisation who dealt with complaints in a professional manner then there would not be all the bad reviews about them on the internet in the first place!

Mar 08, 2013

Fairy Godmother.- I am not one in a minority, I know many many people that would recommend drivedynamics.They are a top class driving school with one of the best pass rates in the country and I do respect other peoples opinions just like I am entitled to mine.

Mar 08, 2013

Fairy godmother. No offence! But I do respect other peoples opinions lke you must respect mine.

• B
      Mar 16, 2013

Well I have had a franchise with Drive Dynamics for the last 3 years and I can honestly say they have been brilliant with me. I get plenty of work and they are a great bunch to deal with. I think the ones that are complaining are the ones that just dont know how to run a business and keep their customers its as simple as that. If any of you want any advice feel free to PM me, cheers Bill

• 6
      Mar 27, 2013

Avoid. Served a 12 month contract with them and was the worst mistake of my life. As soon as you sign the contract they disown you. No support from the office at all. Even pupils who are worthy of a refund they don't get one and the instructor has to handle it all. My reputation as an instructor went drastically down hill within months of working with these! They actually handed out my home address to a disgruntled pupil who kicked up a fuss about a refund. I was very surprised when they turned up at my door as you can imagine. Surely that's illegal!?! They will wash their hands of you and try and wriggle out of anything and go to extreme lengths to pass the buck as I have found out! Please stay away instructors-it's bad news.

Apr 27, 2013

ADI's AVOID them at AT ALL COSTS '' Guaranteed 50 Pupils '' a joke, less than 10 supplied in 6 months, when challenged about how they were going to fulfill their commitment the response was, '' Well I suppose you will have to take us to court for not meeting our commitment.''
    The mother of one pupil contacted me complaining that the only time the office were helpful was when she was paying them for lessons, any other time she was given the 'run around' by discourteous staff, and wanted nothing more to do with them. This reflected badly on me, and required great effort not to lose a client due to the ''office experience''.
    Phone calls, emails and text messages all tend to go unanswered, When a pupil phoned the office to cancel the first lesson, the information was not passed on, resulting in a morning of lost work and a journey time of about an hour to arrive at an empty house.
    I am in contact with another ADI who is also experiencing similar problems with them.
    While we receive very little of the service we have employed them to deliver, paying them many £100's a month, they have the gall to send us text messages trying to recrute ADI's to satisfy an ''urgent need for instructors'' in our area!
    Once More ADI's- AVOID DRIVE DYNAMICS it is the most unprofessional oufit you could imagine.

Jun 03, 2013

Please could somone advise me how to get out of my franchise with theses. 9 pupils in 6 months...

They are threatening me with debt collectors and court action too. Is this legal when the number of pupils is way short of the mark?

They also took another instructor on in my area knowing l am struggling.

Please help. :-)

Jul 03, 2013

I agree avoid this company at all costs as a adi I thought I was going to get my 50 pupils in 15 months I got less than 20 even the ones I got only wanted ten lessons then left,
    You try and speak to head office about more pupils you get nothing .
    Even when I was struggling they started 3 others on my area, all they want is your £200 each week when I refused to pay because i, 'd had no pupils for 2 months they threaten you with court action.
    I worked 7 days a week working till 9 at night i never turned down any pupil and I lost over £5 k
    I had to take a full time job job to pay the franchise,
    I agree we should refer the to either DSA, watchdog to highlight and investigate these people.

Jul 03, 2013

If you don, t know how to keep your pupils Jackomelody then maybe you need some lessons on how to look after them, as an ADI myself, all my pupils stayed with me until they past their test, most of them first time and then they all wanted me to teach them the pass plus course because they were very happy with me. Ask yourself a question, if your pupils are leaving you after 10 lessons then why? Maybe DSA and watchdog should investigate you or maybe you should change your deodorant.

• K
      Jul 05, 2013

totaly agree what a rip off, do not sign up as an instructor they dont care once they are getting your money, big turn round of staff must say something, they cant do what they say, nice website, looks good, instructors are probably good but the firm is full of people speaking untruths

Well Franco to reply
    1 I am a fully qualified driving instructor and I now have my own school doing very well.
    2 I suspect you're not an instructor but actually someone who works for dd.
    3 my own personal hygiene is OK once I, d scrubbed off the stench of dd
    It's funny you seem to be the only person doing OK are you working for did where about are you based somewhere around north Yorkshire I suspec t,
    I've given my own honest opinion and will not be slagged off by some company stooge,

Jul 05, 2013

Well what a surprise Franco it turns out you live in north Yorkshire .
    Come clean admit you are someone from the office.
    Feel free to send me a message I always enjoy talking to other instructors, unless of course you've got a.pink licence .because mine is green

Jul 11, 2013

I am waiting for consumer direct to get back to me about drive dynamics. I have recently signed a contract with them BEFORE reading all these comments and their behaviour so far is shocking. They ignore e-mails, they tell lies and they take your money.

Instructors thinking of signing up... AVOID AVOID AVOID

Jul 12, 2013

So Jackomelody, you are so convinced that I am from north Yorkshire, well for your information, I was born in Huddersfield, raised in Huddersfield, passed my part 1, 2 and 3 in Huddersfield with flying colours, so my licence is green not that horrible pink, I live in Halifax, did all my teaching in Halifax and Huddersfield, if you do your geography you will see that those two towns are in West Yorkshire. Sorry! to dissapoint you!
    At the moment I can't teach due to a hemorhagic stroke that almost took my life and left me paralysed on one side of my body.So if I didn't have a franchise with DD my diary would not have been full every week, its because my diary was full that my life was saved otherwise I would of still been working nights in a factory and if my brain hemorhage would of happened then I would be dead now at the young age of 45, you see at the time of my brain trauma I was teaching not far from a hospital with neuro surgeons that had to stop the bleeding in the burst blood vessel in side my brain.
    So now you know my tragic story. I am not a stooge, I am a stroke survivor and fighter.
    p.s I was wiping away my tears while writing this with my ten year old daughter while cudling her.Sorry I slagged you off mate, I didn'mean to offend any body.good luck and good health to you and every one. A ll of you take care now and all the best .
    Franco ADI.

• K
      Jul 22, 2013

feel sorry for the guy above but the reality is dd are ripping people off and dont give a damn about pupils or instructors i wish i had never signed up a franchise with them, i am out of it now thank god, all you ever got from them when requesting new pupils was like a rehearsed answer, ok not a problem your on the top of the board and will get you pupils straight away no problem, when clearly it is a problem they just cant deliver, franco you will learn soon enough

• L
      Sep 01, 2013

Avoid avoid avoid!!! I am a single mother" went out of my way to raise £99, for 10 block of lessons" it's been 4week now!! No lesson" no refund. They are very insensitive bunch people, with no human feelings. There customer service is so appalling" most of the time" I felt like crying!! Please if you are reading this, do not venture into any kind of contract with these animals!! I just wonder how they keep getting away with ripping off thousands of people out there! I am even tired of contacting them because of my refund. Wonder how they sleep at nite!! Heartless people!!

• I
      Sep 06, 2013

I am currently trying to get out of the contract, when they visited me they told me they would put a six month early get out clause, so 25 pupils and 1 month notice, they got me o sign two copy's at my house and said they would be the clause in. They said they would guarantee 50 pupils in the 12 month period and it states this in the agreement. I have emailed them asking to leave because they have only supplied me with 5 pupils in 6 months and I just can't afford the £112 per week, the amount of pupils they have supplied me with doesn't even cover the franchise. They won't email me back, they want their cake and to eat it, if they don't honour their side of the deal how can I. Any more info would be greatly appreciated.

Sep 15, 2013

I agree Strongly agree with the Negative comments above regarding the Drive Dynamics Franchise. Avoid at all costs ADI's - My background is that I approached them April 2013 and initially they presented as extremely friendly and helpful. As a Fully-qualified ADI, I only planned to use them as a pupil referral service. My interview was conducted over the telephone via numerous individuals from the Drive Dynamics Office. As their friendly conversations were received, I was informed by their business manager Simon Lee that there was a 30 day notification period to try out the franchise, which I accepted. Once I started experiencing problems receiving pupil payments, Further delays with their introduction of " 7 Day Distant Selling Regulations" which created a further delay with receipt of payments for lessons already given by the instructor. The inability to contact them via the telephone when needed, instead telephone answering services. Failure to respond to emails and letters promptly and the final NEGATIVE experience was the Extremely RUDE conversation experienced with the Drive Dynamics Director - Bev Midgley, where she had contacted me to resolve my problems however commanded an extremely rude and impatient manner, which included Threats of legal action and eventually she HUNG up the phone not allowing me an opportunity to give a response to her stressful comments. As an Instructor that was paying a franchise to this company, ALARM BELLS were alerted at this point and I knew that I needed to be released from their contract. Even though I was informed verbally that it was a 30 day notification period, I was then informed it was a 60 day TERMINATION period. After reading the SMALL PRINT in the contract, this is what it stated. However this company hadn't provided me with A CAR, as I used my OWN. They had not TRAINED me, as I trained PRIVATELY and approached them as a fully QUALIFIED instructor. All I used them for was a PUPIL referral service and they were asking 60 DAYS NOTICE to leave. After writing a letter which I sent copies to WatchDog, Rip-Off Britian, The Driving Standards Agency, Citizens Advice and the DIA Magazine. Drive Dynamics then responded with a letter requesting for me to pay 876.00 EIGHT HUNDRED AND SEVENTY-SIX POUNDS to leave their contract. This included 60 days unpaid franchise and my payments in arrears from when I originally resigned and stopped accepting their pupils. I PAID THE MONEY - However I wouldn't be doing you any service if I wasn't SHARING this STORY with you NOW. I stumbled on this complaints page by accident, I wish I had read it before... There is some TRUTH in Numbers and it now seems their are quite a few individuals that are dis-satisfied with the service this company is providing. I'm only another adding to this growing list.

Sep 18, 2013

For anyone else who thinks that I am a stooge, THIS IS ESPECIALY FOR YOU! You are working for another driving school and you are their stooge aren't you? Put You up to say bad things about drievdynamics did they? Tactics eh! AW! The truth hurts dosn't it?

Sep 19, 2013

Franco - I don't think you are a stooge - just misguided in your choice of employer. Its true many companies post bad reviews about one another, I think we all know that and take reviews with a pinch of salt but please do you honestly believe that all the appalling reviews, many of which are reporting the same problems over and over again are fictitious! Read the previous comment from grade 5 instructor - does it sound to you like he is making it up - seems very genuine to me. As you hold DD and Kan Kan in such high regard perhaps you could ask the directors:
    1.Why do they immediately remove all bad reviews from their Facebook page and refuse to comment publicly on them. These are from customers, not stooges or ex staff members. Facebook is very transparent you can see they are genuine members of the public who are not happy
    2. Why have there been no reviews posted about them on the most popular review site used in over 12 months (the review centre)...strange
    3. Why do you have to call a premium rate phone number to complain
    That's just for starters I could go on but I have a life to lead

Sep 19, 2013

O.K then for those of you who maybe genuiine, I do apologise.You see fairy godmother. I don't know if you have read my tragic story. It has made me into a very emotional man, you see my brain hemorrhage has hit me big time! It has left me paralysed on one side of my body, Now I can't do the job that I love, infact I can't do any job at the moment and being called a stooge realy hurt . OK! jacko didn't know what happened to me, thats fair enough! And believe me I am determined to win my battle and when I do I will be back with drivedynamics. I know many of you won't be happy about that, SORRY! I hope everything works out for all of you, I realy do.Take care now!

Sep 20, 2013

What realy angers me are instructers that don't turn up to their lessons and then they complain they have no pupils, its not the schools fault some instructers don't turn up.They give the school and the rest of us ADIs with that school a bad name whatever the school I'm sure most ADIs will agree with me on that one. I ALWAYS TURNED UP TO MINE AND ALWAYS ON TIME. . A DD instructer in my area never turned up to a pupil that had paid [protected]@99 offer so that pupil was then passed on to me. Thanks to that pupil I got more pupils due to word of mouth. The ADI that lost that pupil due to his fault, then phoned the call centre and got abusive to the young girl on the other end of the phone, the poor lass burst into tears, I went there with my diary that day and saw it with my own eyes. Instructer you know who you are. I am saying this for your benefit not mine. BE PROFESIONAL! Like the rest of us, That way you put less pressure on your school, that pupil could have been yours plus loads of her mates.Be reliable, it doesn't hurt..I am sure all ADIs will agree with me. Remember I can't teach yet due to ill health. SO PLEASE TAKE MY ADVICE. Its for your benefit not mine

• Y
      Sep 21, 2013

Why are people only prepared to say bad things? Well here is my story. My son booked intensive lesons in his 17th. He passed with the help of a brilliant instructor from drive dynamics after 6 days of lessons. They looked after him and I trusted EVERY aspect of what I paid for and what was deluvered. THANK YOU TO A BRILLIANT AND VERY RELIABLE INSTRUCTOR AND DRIVING SCHOOL. well done son! Thats my story and im proud of it xxx

Sep 25, 2013

Yummymummy, we know there are some fantastic driving instructors working for DD - many of those posting bad reviews are those ex instructors. They offered a professional service at rock bottom prices and worked incredibly hard. Unfortunately its the management of the business that they take issue with. I am afraid there will be bad reviews posted if the complaints' are not handled in a correct / fair manner. (sorry but threatening court action when someone has a genuine grievance is just appalling!) How do you think the parents of other students feel who have paid upfront for lessons then never received them and have had to report the company to trading standards when they couldn't get their money back. The management of this company is a total unethical mess.

• I
      Oct 14, 2013

I posted a few weeks about trying yo get out of my contract, I got in touch with trading standards and after hearing what I had to say and looking at their website they advised me to stop paying them because they were in breach of their part of the contract. I did this straight away and sent dd an email explaining this. They responded saying if I wanted to leave they would let me by giving them one month notice. This is all I wanted, if they had kept to their side of the agreement I would of been happy to stay. I have paid them the one month notice and good riddens.

Oct 20, 2013

I was with them for a while and every bad thing said on here i can assure you is very true. Beverley midgeley is the cruella de ville of this industry and wen i was sued by them for over 11k which figure they magically came up with i put in a defence and threatened them back promising to reveal my first hand knowledge of their shady operation and they withdrew. THEY ARE BULLIES!!!

Oct 22, 2013

An Article TITLE ROGUE TRADERS was PUBLISHED today in issue TEN of the DIA MAGAZINE. FRONT PAGE COVER STORY titled ROGUE TRADERS. PAGE 30.

• D
      Oct 31, 2013

To all of the ADI`s out there who hate /dislike/cant stand this company, I have one thing to say if you want to leave and go back on your own, just go, don't worry about them taking you to court and all of that stuff, they wont do, they haven't got the time, they cant even call you back with a query or pay you your [protected]@99 on time some of the time, so don't worry just leave them, if they cant do the above can you see them going to court with all of that publicity, no I cant its all bull just talk to make you worry, come on guys you have had all of the bull I have had with them, and I now just laugh at them and are amazed by how rubbish they are, so just pack you duals and walk out it will be better in the short run.

They could be a great company but just are not, its not that hard to book a lesson in is it but these make it so hard.

I could write a book on them after all of the things they have done over my time with them, in fact I may well do so, it would make a great seller this xmas, I better hurry up now to make the xmas market !

So just go, get out while you can, go with another school, do a bit of research and leave Drive dynamics for good, things can only get better,

I can go on with more but I am having to fight to get my [protected]@99 sorted out for the 20th time, such is life, we are only here once so make the leap for the better,

Good luck guys and If any of you would like to start the same project in the near future, only do it much much better, contact me and lets make thousands per month only the proper way,

Cheers guys,

Darth Vader,

PS: I BETTER HIDE UNDER THE CLOAK FOR NOW, MIGHT GET TAKEN TO THE SUPREME COURT.