DRI*PCTOOLS.COM / Unauthorized Debit

Don't know the website... my accout just said: DRI*PCTOOLS.COM this posted on my account on 11/10/08... the amount was 39.95. Last Thursday I saw another unauthorized debit of 39.95 by DRI**ELEMENT5.COM (whoever this is? a scam ofcourse.) ... yet this last scam on the 11/10 was after I changed my Debit Card number??? How is that even possible... I JUST HAD IT CHANGED AND HAVE NOT USED IT!!!

Ja

Comments

Ju
  15th of Oct, 2008

cargos de 29.95 € de compras que yo no he hecho

Ma
  12th of Nov, 2008

I just discovered 2 payments this month plus 5 other one's originating from Cyprus.
From the comment, Visa itself is compromised.Have cancelled my credit card yesterday and this morning another payment recorded on a dead credit card?
Have contacted the bank asking for a full investigation.

Ph
  14th of Nov, 2008
DRI*PCTOOLS.COM - I no longer own a computer.
503 11th ave
Birmingham
Alabama
Phone: 205-837-8968

As I explained in the subject line above. I no longer own a computer, I havn't owned one in a while. I was wonder why my Sears Master card was charged i guess to renew my spy program. Can someone get back to me and explain what these charges are. The charges were made in August or September.

Ro
  14th of Nov, 2008
DRI*PCTOOLS.COM - MONEY TAKEN FROM ACCOUNT.
Sydney
New South Wales
Australia
Phone: (02) 9724 3648

ON THE 09/11/08 PC TOOLS HAVE REMOVED MONEY FROM MY ANZ ACCOUNT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION TOTAL WAS $49.95. I NO LONGER USE THIS COMPANY FOR INERNET SECURITY. PLEASE ADVISE HOW I CAN RETREIVE THIS AMOUNT FROM THIS TYPE OF ACTION.

Du
  4th of Dec, 2008

I had a charge of 76.27 on my debit card from PC TOOLS and I had never herd of them.I called them to stop it because it was still pending.They directed me to Element 5 and they told me they couldn't do anything.I had my debit card canceled and I called PC TOOLS and told them if there is money taken out of my account I wanted a refund and I was told since I canceled my card they could not give me a refund but I could chose one of thier products.It might not mean anything but we had a email from eeb.msn and it went into our email and mailed itself out wanting people to buy certain products.We got it removed .Did anyone else get one and do you think it was a worm that entered and got debit or credit card info.

Ti
  20th of Dec, 2008

MY CREDIT CARD WAS BILLED FOR 29.95 ON THE 18TH OF DEC BY DRI ELEMENT5.COM AND WHEN I COMPLAINED TO MY BANK ABOUT IT THE NEXT DAY THETY CHANGED THEIR NAME TO DRI" PCTOOLS.COM AND TRIED AGAIN, THIS TIME IT HAS GONE THROUGH BUT I AM HAVING THIS INVESTIGATED ALSO.THEY ARE LIKE PITT BULLS THEY DON'T GIVE UP.

Al
  22nd of Dec, 2008

On 22 December, 2008 I discovered that 29, 95 USD payment has been made on 04th Decemver through my credit card. I must confirm that I don't know this company DRI*PCTOOLS and never had the intention to purchase anything from them. Obviously I was subject to fraud. In my view the authorized agencies must start investigation against the people wha stay behind all this.

Be
  29th of Dec, 2008

I have received a charge from Bank of America for $29.95 for an alleged purchase on 12/16/08
#DRI PCTOOLS. COM 800-764-5783 MN which I called and it was pure Telephone Sex talk.
I have an Anti Virus from Norton and Hard and Software I buy directly from the store. This is just another scam and I will dispute it when I call Bank of America in the morning.

Th
  10th of Feb, 2009

please, cancel my order immédiately et confirm me our action because I see the french police - jctheveny

Fr
  7th of Apr, 2009

I also received a debit on my credit card for $49.95 from DRI*PCTOOLS for which I gave no authorization. I did purchase a product from this company in 2006 but have not used any of their products for two years.I contacted them by phone and was told that they had no current record of any purchase from me and told me to contact my bank, which I have done. This is a scam! They are ripping people off.

We
  15th of May, 2009

I have never heard of this company, let alone order anything from them. An unauthorized debit charge appeared on my bank statement today for $29.95. I immediately called my bank and they will do an investigation and issue a new card. I hope someone finds the perpetrators! I'm now wondering if I should close that bank account altogether. Any advice from anyone?

Da
  27th of May, 2009

Wendy,

PC Tools.com is a computer software company that sells antivirus software. Your best bet is probably to give them a call and they should be able to sort it all out for you. From other complaints it appears your common problem is an automated renewal to their software.

They have the following listed for customer service in the US including an 800 number thats open 23hrs a day (taken from http://www.pctools.com/contact/).

Support: support@pctools.com

North American Offices

PC Tools, Inc.
150 Spear St, Suite 500
San Francisco, CA 94105-1541
USA

Customer support (English): +1-800-764-5783
Hours of operation: 8:00am - 7:00am (PDT)

Sp
  20th of Aug, 2009
A Noble - DRI pctools
New Zealand

I have had a sum of $49.45 taken from my credit card and do not know what it is for the poeple that have taken it from my credit card is DRI pctools and have not given these people autherisation for this deduction this is fraud and will be getting the authoritise involved in this if they do not refund this sum of money

Ia
  10th of Sep, 2009
DRI*PCTOOLS.COM - Subscription
Spain

My credit card has been charged by your company £29.95. I have never heard of your company. I do not know what it does. I have no desire to subscribe to it. Kindly refund the sum you have taken.

Ha
  29th of Sep, 2009
DRI*PCTOOLS.COM - Unknown product
Netherlands

I never authorize a company automatically to debit my creditcard and on top of that I have no idea what I'm paying for. So I would like this
to end end have the amount of Euro 29, 95 credited

3rd of Oct, 2009
DRI*PCTOOLS.COM - withdrawing money from my creditcard without permission
DRI*pctools.com
Netherlands

on sept 17 an amount off € 39, 95 was withdrawn from my credit card account without my permission with the discription off DRI*PCTOOLS.COM.

3rd of Oct, 2009

I have the same problem! Did you get your money back from DRI*PCTOOLS

Da
  4th of Oct, 2009

Well They are still at it! I received an unauthorized statement on my Credit card from Dri*pctools of $29.00 today 10-3-09. I had to cancel account, and open up a new one. All I can say is be careful!

Jh
  6th of Jan, 2010
DRI*PCTOOLS.COM - £19.94 taken from my account
DRI*PCTOOLS.COM
Coventry
England, West Midlands
United Kingdom

On the 10th of December 2009 £19. 94 was taken out of my account without my authorisation.

J.H.Barker

8th of Jan, 2010

On the 7th of january 2010 I also had 19.94 debited from my acount, is there anything you can tell me you did to stop this?

Cheers