Dri*Elements.com / NOT FRAUD!!!

I found myself in the shoes as so many other people who have left complaints on this site. I checked my account today and saw a charge from DRI*elements.com. I had seen this a year ago, but could not remember once again what it was from. But unlike several plaintiffs from this site, i did not automatically call my bank to dispute the charge. i googled it to see what the company was so i could figure out what i was being charged for. nothing came up exept for numerous complaints about fraud and didn't believe it because i never disclose my account information except for legit companies i know i can trust. so i kept thinking...i remembered that i have two subscriptions with PCTools.com; one for Registry Mechanic and one for Spyware Doctor. I then checked one of my old email addresses and found the confirmation emails from PCTools confirming that they had automatically renewed my subscription. The invoice that i printed out confirmed that DRI actually stands for Digital River Ireland Ltd, which is an agency that collects payments for PC Tools as well as other companies.
My point with all of this is before jumping to conclustions, think back and try to remember if you have ever had a subscriptionwith PCTools or other software companies. If so, check to see if you have accounts with them still. You may still being charged for a subscription that you forgot you had.
Calling fraud on a company is a serious thing. So please look into the problem before crying wolf.

More Dri*Elements.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Fe
  28th of Oct, 2008

DRI*elements.com charged my credit card for no reason.

Ta
  30th of Oct, 2008
Dri*Elements.com - Theft
Ohio

I have no idea who these people are at DRI*ELEMETS.com but they charged 27.81 to my card 3 times!
They boosted my account #!!! I noticed it tonight and will be at the bank first thing in the morning to put a stop to this!!! BEWARE!

Ta
  30th of Oct, 2008

Turns out that element5 is a transaction center for many companies and had nothing to do with the fraudulent activity. They are being very helpful in taking care if this issue.
To get the charges reversed call 800-406-4966

Ke
  24th of Nov, 2008

I noticied a $49.50 charge to my account that was pending. I called Bank of America and was informed that I have to wait until the amount is no longer pending to contest and have removed. They were able to look at the name behind the Elements. Some company called PCTOOLS was charging me a recurring $49.50. I don't have anything from them, but regardless - I never give anyone access to take money from my account when they want to. This is not the first time. Bank accounts are becoming more and more unstable and must be reviewed daily. This is the third time this year that I have had money taken out of my account by who knows who. Once company does it every year like clockwork. Evidently, you can't stop them you must just keep an eye out. Beware of banks. They allow anyone take your money - no questions asked - if they somehow provide your numbers.

Bo
  4th of Feb, 2009

What the hell are you talking about?? If you have not signed up to have something you may have bought at 1 time does not give them the ability to charge you again unless they confirm that you still are using thier services or want to re-purchase. I just had a charge and not only is this not a program that I am using but it does not even seem like a program that is on my computer. I know every business is hurting in this economy but WHAT THE HELL!! I put in a claim with my bank and will pass on the info to everyone that I know about the joke of what happened. If this was a non-verified resubscription then SHAME ON THEM. I do not see them being in business very long with this joke of baiting and seeing how many people that won't complain.

Sh
  2nd of Aug, 2009

The person that posted this is most likely from PCtools.com. THIS COMPANY IS A COMPLETE SCAM. I never ordered anything from them, never downloaded, never visited their web site. This "business" simply stole $40 from me. My bank's fraud dept. held a three-way call with them, with me on the line. Their customer service rep acted like I had ordered something and dodged all of our specific questions about what was ordered, how, and whether or not they would give a refund. Supposedly he issued one - it may take two weeks to find out. In the meantime I've had to change my account numbers and get a new card. Everyone involved with PCTools.com is involved in a major Internet scam. They exist to rip people off.

Va
  14th of Aug, 2009

I use Registry Mechanic which is a service of PC Tools. They hit me with a charge that I allowed them to automatically renew. Whats the beef? If you signed up for automatic renewal, and want to stop it, you email them and no more charges. I don't know why you would call them a scam, since they have a useful product, which I use constantly with no complaints. Its a shame that people don't pay attention to what they are doing, but its definitely not a surprise.

Ma
  13th of Sep, 2009

I just received 2 unauthorized debits of $31.78 from my checking account which caused an overdraft and service fees.

Ma
  13th of Sep, 2009

I just received 2 unauthorized charges from my checking account which caused an overdraft and services charges.

Ni
  16th of Sep, 2009

i just checked my bank account and they charged me 2 fricken times...once with $49.90 and one more with $64.90...
its still pending so i cant see what its charging for etc, but i didnt leave the house the past 2 days because im sick and i sure enough didnt buy anything online or on the phone!!!thats over $100!!!
i have no idea what the heck this is supposed to be, not to mention i'd remember if i spend over $100 somewhere! im just pissed beyond believe right now...

Jo
  8th of Jan, 2010

I too have been used in this scam. I had my card on me at work.In my wallet and it was used!!! IT NEVER LEFT MY WALLET .. I too am very pissed at this. I am calling and getting no where

Ka