Dri* / unauthorized billing

1 Review updated:

I was looking at my checking account online. notice a $19.95 charge from dri* I have never heard of this company nor have I ever been to their internet site, if there is one. this company needs to be located and a stop put to their scam tactics. where they got the information to my account I do not know. I will be at the bank in the morning to see what they can find out about this company. hopefully someone can stop them before they take thousands of peoples money from their bank accounts.


More Dri* Complaints & Reviews

Sort by: UpDate | Rating


  • An
      Feb 03, 2010

    I was looking at my bank account and saw a charge for 29.95 dri elements so I called the bank to stop it. im disabled and every penny counts to me. we need to put those people in jail

    0 Votes
  • To
      Jul 03, 2016
    Dri* - Stay away
    United States

    Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with federal regulation e.

    According to the majority of victims interviewed by [redacted], those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. many victims got the following responses from their banks: “we could not do anything for you” or “you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days”.

    If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges.

    Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was not to be charged! keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on [redacted].com. and if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! if you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! either way, be persistent!

    Do not take no for an answer!

    Let them know nicely, that you were advised to report them (the bank) and this situation to the banking commission in your state. since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. the more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get.

    And just continue to demand the federal regulation e form! the bank can, must and will reverse the charge! but, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state.

    Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. be sure to call the media if necessary so you are telling the truth.

    If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. if you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. the bank can easily fax or mail to you the federal regulation e dispute form.

    Charges to your credit card

    If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. if this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here.

    Remember… don't let them get you! make sure they make the [redacted].. the more reports filed on a company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action.

    0 Votes

Post your comment