Dri*bromolite / Unauthorised Charges

1 Canada Review updated:

I got scammed. I thought a free trial seemed harmless enough. I got my free trial and then I got hit with 150.00 charge on my credit card. One from Bromolite and the other from Aci. The number on the website to call for cancellations, is only listed after you read the fine print. At no point during the sign up for the free sample are you told that you agree to a long term subscription. I sat on forever hold on the number provided, I am sure that no one ever answers. My only recourse was to cancel my debit card. When I called the bank they knew exactly the companies I was talking about and said that it was a known scam. How can Oprah put her name to this type of company? I'll bet she wouldn't if she knew what they are doing to unsuspecting customers. There is also mention of a FitFactory subscription that I will be charged $19.95. I've never even heard of them! Don't order the samples, you will really, really regret it.

Ro

Comments

• Ly
      6th of Nov, 2008

unarthorizied charge to my WaMu credit card. I want a credit in the amount of $74.85 issued to my account.

• Ta
      14th of Nov, 2008

I want to know how are we supposed to get a hold of them to cancel a product we never received when they number that is on our statement is not valid. Nor is the number listed above??

• Ta

I found their number for refunds and cancelations 866-897-0663

Dri*bromolite - unauthorized charge to my WaMu Account
    PanaLabs
    Minnesota
    Phone: 800-715-1354
    panalabs.com

This is the second complaint I have made re: the above company.
    The above telephone number is a non-working number. The rascals have charged my account another $74.85. What can be done?

• Mi
      18th of Nov, 2008

The phone number listed in this complaint 506-857-0909 does not belong to Bromolite...please stop calling me as this is my number and I'm also complaining against this company.

• Ro
      18th of Nov, 2008

I too got scammed. I thought a free trial seemed harmless enough. I got my free trial and then I got hit with 150.00 charge on my credit card. One from Bromolite and the other from Aci. The number on the website to call for cancellations, is only listed after you read the fine print. At no point during the sign up for the free sample are you told that you agree to a long term subscription. I sat on forever hold on the number provided, I am sure that no one ever answers. My only recourse was to cancel my debit card. When I called the bank they knew exactly the companies I was talking about and said that it was a known scam. How can Oprah put her name to this type of company? I'll bet she wouldn't if she knew what they are doing to unsuspecting customers. There is also mention of a FitFactory subscription that I will be charged $19.95. I've never even heard of them! Don't order the samples, you will really, really regret it.

• Ca
      20th of Nov, 2008

I got scam they have charged my account twice even I have canceled the order prior to shipment.
    As of now I'm hold waiting for the customer service to talk.
    Last night I was checking my statement there appeared 2 charges of 55.50 in u.s. currency.The free trial
    as they have advertised.

• Ca
      20th of Nov, 2008

i have been on hold for 20 minutes still holding for the refund and cancellations tel number. thanks Tamra for getting this number.

• Be
      20th of Nov, 2008

I recieved charges on my credit card as well that I didn't want. with those free sample websites they are also trying to sell other products. the trick is to make sure that you de-select all the other items on the page. the website is geared to have all the other product preselected so when you think your only ordering one thing, your ordering everything else on the page. I spoke to customer service @ Bromolite the number is 800-919-2846. yesterday i might have waited about ten minutes to speak to a rep, but when i just called the number i was able to get through almost immediately. i did get a refund so it's not hopeless:-) in the future make sure you read all the fine print. also fyi when you order Bromolite for the product to be free you must call customer service within 15 days of purchase to cancel. per the rep when you open the bottle it cant be shipped back so they let you keep the unused portion. But if you do not cancel you will be charged the full price for the product plus you will recieved a new shipment every month with a charge of i beleive the rep told me $69.95. Now I know and knowing is half the battle.

• Ra
      22nd of Nov, 2008

I agree this arrangement possibly does fall under 'scams' to beware...
    ordered the $4.95 'risk free' trial - received it, no paperwork, nothing. I was expecting an email confirming my order so I didn't write down everything as I checked out.
    Then, within 14 days, got charged $69.95 which is for the 30-days of the 'risk free' trial...kind of like a back-charge for it. Then, within another 2 weeks, got another $69.95 charge, plus the fit-fac.com charge of $19.95 that I knew nothing about.
    Tamra, thanks for posting the phone# to cancel - they say they will credit me the 2nd $69.95 (have to give it 30 days, according to my credit card co.) but not the first $69.95. Fit-fac has already issued credit on my cc statement, for the $19.95. Hopefully both these have been CANCELLED...sheesh! What a horrible way to do business...!
    Buyer beware ... always buy from reputable companioes on line ... plus, who knows if this product really does anything...?

• Gi
      24th of Nov, 2008

I never received this product and do not wish to.

• So
      27th of Nov, 2008

I also was scan.Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh free trial for the first e-mail and 9 days later $74.85
    Call my credit card right away and credit the money
    From now on go to a real store

• Me
      2nd of Dec, 2008

I was just ready to give them my 3 digit authorizaion number on the back of my card and reread it only to find out what happened to you folks. This kind of crap should be taken care of by some government association toot-sweet! These kind of companies make the internet more difficult for honest companies. I hope everyone gets their money back. Thank you for giving me the time for my words and thank all of you that did get scammed for doing your part by complaining. More people should do this. I do know the feeling from past experiences.

3rd of Dec, 2008

I have had nothing but headaches with this company. I called to cancel the order within 14 days, was not told by the person that the number I had called with the confirmation of delivery line, now I have two extra charges on my Credit Card for products I have not received. I am not a very happy camper at the moment. I have been on the phone for over 1/2 hour with the first line of customer service and now am on hold for goodness knows how long to deal with this issue.

• Di
      7th of Dec, 2008

I ordered the DRI Bromolite 800 at the beginning on November '08 and I did the same as the rest of you EXCEPT just after I submitted my order, I started reading the 'small print' as was mentioned above and I immediately got on the phone to cancel my order (actually it was the one for the Acai Berries & the Bromolite - Oprah Show ad) for BOTH of the products. Actually, I remember having to call 2 different #s to cancel (have NO IDEA where I got it from but the woman was VERY nice and gave me the 2nd # I had to call to cancel the 2nd one) so I lucked out. The only thing was that I couldn't get reimbursed for the P&H, NO BIGGY!! Both products came in about a week apart from each other. The Bromolite was only about a week's worth where the other is a month's worth. Does anyone still have the bottle of the Bromolite (literally the bottle, not contents? ;)) For me, I felt it was working (in the bathroom anyway) and remember looking at the ingredients and I think they were all natural ingredients (3 of them). I'd really appreciate it if anyone could send me the name of those, if you'd be so kind, and maybe I could look into getting them separately, or whatever, for myself. I noticed on my credit card bill there are toll-free #s next to both product's P&H amounts so 'maybe' those are the correct #s I used!! If any of you would like to email me to get those #'s, go right ahead! Let me know. I hope you all get your money back, good luck!!

• Di
      8th of Dec, 2008

I'm so sorry! I went to take my vitamins & meds today and I realized it was the Acai Berries (just the week's worth one) that I felt worked for me, OOPSY! In other words, I don't need ANYTHING from anyone but I still have those numbers from my VISA bill so if anyone needs them, I've got them. That teaches me I shouldn't send emails late at night, LOL! ;) I wish all of you luck in getting your money back!

• Ko
      16th of Dec, 2008

ME TOO!!! At least mine was for just $19.95...I also find it very odd that I can't locate the website that I ordered that dang trial "free" bottle from! Suprisingly I can only locate all these complaints about bromolite...go figure.

• Sy
      2nd of Jan, 2009

I finally got an agent on the phone by the name of Ashley, agent #315. I told her about the unauthorized charges and she proceeded to tell me that I did authorize the charges because I didn't call them within 14 days of receiving the pills. She then said that as "an adult, I should have read the instructions". When I asked to speak with someone else regarding my refund, she told me that if she told whoever I speak with not to give me a refund, then they won't. Very RUDE, Very UNPROFESSIONAL!! Then she said that she wasn't arguing with me that I had better calm down if I wanted "THE COURTESY REFUND" because SHE didn't have to give it to me. BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU HERE I COME!!!

8th of Jan, 2009

I'm really frustrated! I just got scammed too. I never recieved the product and got charged 69.99 to my acct. There was no contact info on the website nor was there any info that you would be charged. I thought this was a 30 day free trial? Does anybody have an actual phone number that works? I've been on hold several times for an hr and no one ever picks up @ this # 1-866-897-0663. I did a conference call with the fraud dept from wells fargo and still no answer. I'm frustrated because wells fargo will not give me provisional credit while they're trying to investigate this. total taken out of my acct is over $100.

8th of Jan, 2009

i just found a number for bromolite and i actually got through fast. call this number 800-919-2846.