DRI*Bromalitecharge credit card without permission

1 Review updated:

I ordered a free trial of Bromalite which I only had to pay shipping. I believe it was 4.95 or $5.95. Then they charged my credit card account for another $49.95 in which I did not give my permission to do so. The used my credit card again.

Comments

• M
      Nov 19, 2008

i also got taken for a charge that i did not authorize!!!

• Er
      Dec 02, 2008

They also made charges on my card that I didn't authorize and they gave my card info to a website called fit-fac.com, who charged me $19.99 without my authorization for looking at their site!!!

Dec 04, 2008

I got charges on my credit card I did not authorize

• Te
      Dec 27, 2008
    DRI*Bromalite - unauthorized charge

DRI*Bromalite withdrew $69.95 from my account without my permission. I need to find a way to have them reverse this charge and delete my bank account information.

• Ka
      Dec 30, 2008
    DRI*Bromalite - I was charged for merchandise that I did not order or receive.
    Hays
    Kansas

I ordered a sample of this product on 12/03/08 for the one time charge of $4.95 and on 12/19/08 my credit card was charged with an additional $69.95 for more of the product which I had not ordered nor received, and do not want! I called the company and left a message on 12/30/08 and am waiting for a call back from one of their representatives. If I do not hear from someone in their company soon I will be calling my credit card company to report an unauthorized charge and let them deal with it.

• Rh
      Jan 04, 2009

I too was billed $69.95 without my approval for a product that I did not order or receive and am very unhappy.

• Di
      Jan 05, 2009

I placed an order Dec and since thenm they have charged my card twice. I have not been able to get through from the start to cancel so I had to cancel my credit card. Who do I contact to stop this scamming.
    Diana

• Me
      Jan 07, 2009
    DRI*Bromalite

This unauthorized charge just made my checking account overdrawn!
    I have purchased diet cleansing products before. However, not this product.
    They have my account number apparently and have just charged my account. The number they leave on the charge is not accessible. It was busy. then I was sent to music then it went dead with no communication.

•   Jan 07, 2009
    MBM&F - Bromalite
    P.O Box2012
    Riverton
    Utah
    Phone: [protected]
    bromalite.com

My Wife ordered this product and cancelled 6 days into the 14 day trial. Since then, we have recieved 2 shipments in which we have returned and yet we have been charged $69.95 x 2 and $19.95 for FitFacory even though that was cancelled as well. Customer support is non existant. Just looping messages. Do not purchase!

• Sh
      Jan 14, 2009

I too was scammed by the Bromalite company. I thought I was getting a month's supply to try and could order if I wanted it. Instead these large amounts started showing up on our bank account. Unfortunately we were on vacation and didn't get the full impact of this until coming home. What a bummer. I had to cancel my credit card in order for it to stop. I am very disappointed in this company and product which I had discontinued after 2 weeks because of my body's reaction.

• Nv
      Jan 15, 2009

Someone ( I don't know who) ordered DRI*Bromalite on my credit card, I called customer service and they told me that they would cancel my auto delivery program and I told them that I had read about complaints against them on this site and asked if these problems would happen to me. The manager Andy Dobry from Michigan told me that he was not sure if I would have problems or not and they were working on the problems. They also told me that it would take 3 to 5 days to refund the money, I do not understand this process... I have used merchant services and I know it does not take that long to do a refund, I could do a refund in about 1 minute. I think that this company is taking America to the cleaners one customer (victim) at a time... In this time of economic struggle I can not believe that they are getting away with it. If anybody out there has any ideas about how to fix this please let me know... I would not recommend this product to anyone, I have never used it but the way they treat you is not worth the hassle.

Jan 16, 2009

I ordered Bromalite free sample on 1/4/09 and received confimation 2807985 that stated that my order would be shipped within the next 24 hours. It is now 1/16/09 and I have not received the free sample. However, my credit card was billed for $4.49 for shipping and handling.
    I have see all the complaints about unauthorized charges to credit cards after ordering Bromalite I concerned and am watching my account closely and have put an alerted my card service of this issue.

• Na
      Jan 24, 2009

I also ordered this product as a trial to see if I wanted it. I also recently saw a charge on my bill but have not received any product nor did I order any. I don't remember reading anything about being automatically charged. Today I sent an email to their customer service since their phone hours are when I am working. I hope they will rectify this problem because this is no way to do business. It just makes people feel weary about buying stuff on the internet.

• Re
      Jan 27, 2009

I bought a bottle free just pay shipping, no where did i see this agreement . so after i ordered free bottle I noticed i was signed up for two other items i did not want at excessive charges I called and canceled fit fact and what ever else the other one was then bromolite took $4.95 out of my checking account for the free bottle but never sent it so i called bromolite they said nothing will be shipped because we did not take the money out of your account .at the same time i made the call i was on my online banking account, and it clearly showed dri.bromolite withdraw $4.95
    so i called my bank they put my money back in my account and canceled my debit card and sent me a new one. my bank told me Bromolite is a big scam

• Eb
      Jan 28, 2009

I was charged for the sample of DRI Bromalite 12-23-08 amd never received the product.

• Su
      Jan 31, 2009

Unfortunately, I learned too late about DRI*Bromalite. I requested a free sample, which I did receive, but my credit card was charged $69.95!!

As soon as I noticed the charges, I searched the Internet and arrived at this web page. Based on information contained in the other postings, I have canceled my credit card.

This company is unscrupulous. Be sure to report DRI*Bromalite to the Better Business Bureau so we can put them out of business.

• Ms

BROMALITE !
    After being treated dispicably by this company, I contacted my Credit card company, who advised I changed my card and they Issued me with a new one. They also wrote on my behalve to the company concerned In my case 'BROMALITE ' and to the USA FEERAL TRADE COMMISSION In Washington DC. The Fitclub mentioned, ( appeared to be a part of this Bromalite setup, but I cant swear to that.) I did however manage to get to them via online and had a disscussion also on a chat facility with Fit and they assured me that this was Indeed a scam and reInbursted me Immediatly.
    Today, I have recieved a cheque from the Federal Trade Commission for the sum of $21.87 this being, and I quote "my share of the money that the FTC was able to collect" It also asked that the cheque be cash no later than March 20, 2009 as after that date the cheque will bounce. They have enclosed a toll free number and a site where you can read further about the 'FTC' case against this company.

While the cheque is for a Insignifiacant sum compared to what this company have fraudulantly taken from my bank account over the past few months. I am so very relieved that finally, something is being done for myself and others and I thank the FTC and my credit card company, the relief you will never Imagine.!! I am a silly pensioner to have been scammed In this way and I assure everyone this will NEVER happen again. Such a pity, now Im afraid to shop at US sites or any other but a very big thank you for the help and peace of mind you have afforded me.
    yours sincerly
    M J Kimbell ( Mrs)

• Ms
      Feb 03, 2009

In addition to the above comments, It is stated that this Bromalite setup is merely 'one' of the scams used by this company, the court case is entitled.

.. FTC v THINK ALL PUBLISHING,

AGAIN 'FREE' SOFTWARE ETC
    BEWARE EVERYONE, READ THE TRANSCRIPT OF THE COURT CASE.

MJKIMBELL

• Da
      Feb 03, 2009

I can't belive this company. I have been trying to talk to a supervisior for the last week, trying to resolve a charge of $69.95. Every time I ask for a supervisior, I get the run around, or I get disconnected. This company is the biggest scam I've ever seen or had to deal with.

• Pr
      Feb 05, 2009
    DRI BROMALITE
    Massachusetts

I, as many others had ordered a free trial, only to have paid for
    S&H, Sounds great harmless, and fair to be able to test the product.
    Only to then have my checking account charged 69.95 for I dont know what as, Not only I did not recieve my free trail but, Now being charged for as I was told " a membership" I call back in December to cancel what I felt was in error and was told i would recieve my refund in 2-3 weeks as i t takes that long to process. I excepted that . 3 weeks I see no refund, so i call back only to be told, I never called, I asked for a supervised, Ms Cambell, she looked into it and said I will get my refund in 10-12 bussiness days and agave me a confirmation # for my refund, of 69.95 I now wait and hope this is
    not a scam, And Ms Cambell is sincere. I will post back in 13 days.
    with and update today is 2/05/08
    KEEPING THE FAITH *

• Pt
      Feb 14, 2009

I thank the ftc for its fine work in recovering my funds from this scam. I had no idea this was going on. I had an awful day at my workplace and gone home in tears from the stress when I opened my mail that evening there was a check with my name on it. And I became hopeful again for my future. I was so glad to have gotten the check that I took the letter to work the next morning and read it to my co-workers. I wanted them to know for two reasons. One reason is to never give up on life no matter how tough it gets. Because someone is working on your behalf if you just hang in there long enough you will see it manifest in a mighty way. The second thing is that the people at the ftc offices are an amazing group. They care about the american people. We are too busy to know when our money is being abused by scamsters.

• Di
      Feb 16, 2009

EVERYONE PLEASE READ THIS ARTICLE from ConsumerComplaints.com

In my case I did cancel once I found out what these companies were doing but they charged my card as well 5 days later after cancelation and im waiting for a refund for illegal charges after cancelation. ALSO in my case they CAN NOT say I didn't call... its all recorded on my cell phone account ! ! ! ! BE VERY FEARFUL OF ACIAPURE --- you pay for Free trial and don't even get to try it and then get charged 39.95 after you cancel AND RETURN THE UNOPENED BOTTLE -- THEN THEY CHARGE YOU A 6.00 restocking fee. SO ALL TOTAL ACIAPURE/Central Coast Nutraceuticals makes $10.00 off each consumer who NEVER ACTUALLY GETS TO have a (FREE TIRAL)

DRI BROMOLITE - FIT FACTORY which will show up on your credit card bill as (Life Style and Fitness) and Central Coast Nutraceuticals (ACIAPURE) PH: 888.692.8352 ----- 3 MORE COMPANIES THAT EVERYONE NEEDS TO REPORT TO THE FTC.

Here is some information from ConsumerComplaints I just received... Ive copied in some key words from the FTC. BEWARE FOLKS --- There are LOTS of companies out there waiting to take your money ...

FTC Busts 'Free' Sample Scams
    Weight-loss supplement makers settle deceptive marketing claims

February 11, 2009
    Makers of dietary supplements that lured consumers on the Internet with allegedly deceptive weight-loss claims and bogus "free" sample offers, and then debited their bank accounts or charged their credit cards for continuing shipments without their consent, have agreed to settle Federal Trade Commission charges that they violated federal law.

• Debiting or charging accounts of consumers who cancelled or tried to cancel, or those who were not adequately informed of the negative option features or terms and conditions, and therefore did not provide express informed consent for the debits or charges.

They also were charged with violating the Electronic Fund Transfer Act and Regulation E by debiting consumers' accounts on a recurring basis without obtaining the required written authorization.

• Pa
      Apr 06, 2009

charged credit card without permission

Apr 23, 2009

same thing happened to me ...cancelled the account 3 times and was still charged without authorization...very bitter about this situation and will never deal with this company again whether their product is effective or not. Very dishonest people...

I feel the same way

Apr 23, 2009

product was cancelled right away over the phone 3 times in a row...just called April 22 and account was still not cancelled and had been charge for it on credit card. Would advice never to deal with this company ever...save yourselves some aggravation

Apr 23, 2009

be careful you will automatically be enrolled with DJM lifstylefit.com who will charge your credit card...

Apr 23, 2009

Fit factory is affiliated with bromolite product when you sign up...without your knowledge, you will also be subscribed to their service and will be charged for it...be careful...

• Wi
      Jun 09, 2009

I was charged 69.95 to my account and didn't authorize them to do so.

• Wi
      Jun 09, 2009

I bought Bromalite for my girlfriend and was charged 69.95 the next month and did not authorize the company to do so.

• He
      Jul 25, 2009

I just received a DRI Bromalite charge-back challenge to my bank wherein they claimed to be WuYi Pixie Pack and had sold me a "full version(s) or License key(s) from the software publisher". The product name? DRI*BROMALITE and the Merchandise Description? SOFTWARE. The faxed claim for this "software" was signed by "Fraud Investigations, Digital River Inc. Everyone...watch your backside! Fraud is the middle name of this company.

MTK
    Langley, BC, Canada

•   Jan 11, 2010

I have gone a online bank to withdraw money. There saw a new device (iPhone’s Credit Card Terminal) Have anyone any idea about iPhone’s Credit Card Terminal?