Dri Value Plus Monthly / Unauthorized Charge

1 MA, United States Review updated:

I got one on my Discover Card. Phone number listed was [protected] (MN). I have not yet called at this number, but I would do it tomorrow. (3/8/10) Then I'd be back here and would let you all know what's happened. The charge I received was $1.95.

Bl

More Dri Value Plus Monthly Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ky
      16th of Mar, 2010

happened to me. small amount charge, too much trouble to pursue steadily. Wonder how much money they have collected without delivering anything in return.

• Ba
      18th of May, 2010

This is happening to me, too. Last month I received a small charge from Dri-Value, didn't know what it was for, but paid it anyway (wrong!). This month another for 25.00!! Still don't know WHO they are, what they sell, except deception. Am calling my bank tomorrow. Has anyone found out anything about this scammer organization?

• In
      1st of Jul, 2010

I paid them twice. One was in March $1.95 and the other was in April $24.95. How foolish I was!

• To
      8th of Jan, 2011

I got the same $1.95 charge to my American Express card by Value Plus Monthly Software and one by the same vendor in December of 2010 for $24.95. Amex put a block against this vendor preventing future charges to my account and they have opened a fraud investigation.

• Me
      2nd of Feb, 2011

What is this charge and how can I stop it? I was charged $1.95 this month.

• Ad
      3rd of Mar, 2011

Watch your bank $1.95 may not seem like much but it YOUR MONEY, and your being riped off. Call your bank even if its only $1.00 its yours not this SCAMMER Dri Value Plus Monthly! If you let them they will come back and take more.STP THE THIEFS!!! We all work for oue moneys, dont let this DEAD BEAT taks it from you S T A N D U P people!

• Ad
      3rd of Mar, 2011

Call your bank they are nothing more than SCAMMERS!!! FILE WITH YOUR BANK GET YOUR MONEYS BACK! It cost NOTHING to file, when the banks start losing moneys THIS SCAMMER will go to JAIL!

• Je
      16th of Jun, 2011

Got the same thing on my account. I'm curious. How many people here also fell prey to the MacDefender fraud? MacDefender, MacSecurity, and MacProtector are all the same scam to get people to buy bogus Mac anti-virus program. I'm curious if these is one and the same. I have no proof, but I've been looking for something like this to appear on my checking account ever since I purchased and downloaded MacDefender, only to find out MacDefender was a scan that has also gone under the names of MacSecurity and MacProtector. Since they now have my debit card number, I suspected some unknown charge to appear. Sure enough, I now have this DRI*Value appearing. So, I'm wondering if there's a connection.

• Ri
      20th of Jun, 2011

I just looked over my credit card statement and noticed a $1.95 charge last month and a $24.95 charge for this month. Both from DRI Value Plus Monthly. Interestingly, the first charge of $1.95 was placed the same day I ordered some software from Aimersoft. On the statement the legit purchase showed up as DRI Aimersoft. Apparently DRI handles payments for some legit companies, and in the process of checking out, has a clause that adds these charges. I contacted my bank, disputed the charges and asked for new credit cards with new numbers. They happily obliged.

• El
      1st of Jul, 2011

I bought some online software I wanted and the seller slips in an agreement to sign up for an online coupon service that costs you $1.95 the 1st month and who knows what for additional months (probably the $24.95 the other posts have talked about--thanks for the warnings!). There was apparently an associated $15 cash back in the "offer" too. I was able to call the phone number for DRI that appeared on my credit card statement 800-669-6975 and the woman who answered seemed to know exactly why I was complaining and canceled the "membership" right away. Is this any way to do business? Some pre-highlighted bullet on a coupon membership "service" somewhere on a screen where I'm trying to purchase something else, and that's an "agreement." Wow. Bait & switch gone digital.

• Fo
      8th of Aug, 2011

I called the number, the rep was helpful and did cancel the account and refunded the money. When I saw the charge I was immediatly wondering where it came from. I would suggest if you purchase online software, look at the e-mail but don't open any of the additional links.

• Ph
      23rd of Aug, 2011

I copied the above comment cause had the same thing happen to me with minor exceptions. Phill6305
    I bought some online software I wanted and the seller slips in an agreement to sign up for an online coupon service that costs you $1.95 the 1st month and $24.95 for the next SEVEN months. There was apparently an associated $15 cash back in the "offer" too. I was able to call the phone number for DRI that appeared on my credit card statement 800-669-6975 and the woman who answered seemed to know exactly why I was complaining and canceled the "membership" right away. Is this any way to do business? Some pre-highlighted bullet on a coupon membership "service" somewhere on a screen where I'm trying to purchase something else, and that's an "agreement." Wow. Plus if I didn't cancel by such and such a date (in small print), the $24.95 continued. I'm going to watch my statement alot closer in the future!!! Working with my credit union to get it taken care of.

• Ze
      29th of Aug, 2011

Got this charge as well.
    I called to ask what I was being charged for. They wouldn't TELL me. Really?!
    They DID tell me that the "ok" was given when I ordered "something online", and I got that date the "OK" was given. Looking through my bank records, it was related to a purchase of EaseUs Partition Manager software. Buyer beware I guess.

• Lo
      9th of Sep, 2011

For three consecutive months i was charged $24.95 by Dri* value plus whom i have knowledge of doing business with Called the 800 669 6975 and the rep was quick to tell me that she is going to cancel it. Now i am waiting for their letter of apology and refund.

• Lo
      9th of Sep, 2011

For the last 3 months been charged $24.95 by Dri* value plus which i have no knowledge of doing business with. These scammers are vicious. I called them and the rep was nice to cancel the so called subscription and told me to wait for a letter and refund from them with in 7 to 10 business days. I guess it's time to report these thieves to better business beuro and stop the madness.

• Sm
      10th of Oct, 2011

My story is exactly the same as those above. Mine started with the initial charge of $1.95, followed by monthly charges of $24.95. Has anyone actually received a refund?

5th of Mar, 2012

Just like everyone else, same story. But I also found out that this could of started with the purchase of DVD cloner and when you pay through SWreg.org, I had my bank trace it and they said it started with them, I wrote to both but have not heard back. I also called the number to DRI*Value and it a recording about If you want to talk line. I to want my money back and ten fold. This is a scam and someone mite of hacked into there system to get numbers. This is causing alot of problems.

• St
      31st of May, 2012

I got the same $24.95 charge for the past few months and just caught it. Don't know where it came from, who they are, etc. Called my bank and signing dispute forms to stop this. Major hassle since they need to change my debit card now...

• Co
      22nd of Jul, 2012

Keep away from ValuePlus!
    When you purchase software online from SWREG.org you may see an ads telling that you can get $15 cash back on the purchase. DO NOT click the ads or you'll probably be charged with $1.95 the first month and $24.95 monthly afterwards as DRI*VALUE PLUS service.
    If you have already been charged please call your credit card bank to dispute as soon as possible.

• Co