DRI Tibia Online Game / Unauthorized charge

1 WI, United States Review updated:

I have multiple charges --9 to be exact--on my Citibank credit card statement for DRI*Tibia OnLine Game. I have never heard of this and I sure didn't authorize it.

More DRI Tibia Online Game Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• De
      9th of Mar, 2009

I also had charges on my Citibank card in May of 2008. They did take them off but like you said, I had to hassle with getting a new card and signing their dispute paper. I had purchased a game previously from a game company as Big Fish or IWIN or one of those. But I had purchased from them before with no problems. Funny that it was another game company that got hold of my numbers. Hopefully, it won't happen again!

• Da
      15th of Mar, 2009

I likewise have multiple (entirely fraudulent) charges appearing on a credit card for two months now (commencing in January 2009 if I recall), all in the mid-$20's to low $30's. I do not play online games but there is something familiar about the name, perhaps years ago I bought something from them?

As there have been zero indications of fraud on this card, yet I find others posting here HAVE had prior involvement with the firm, and are finding subsequent charges. I wonder if there is a possibility the firm changed hands and the new owners are boosting its revenues by making fraudulent charges based on prior (legitimate) sales accounts? It is also possible that someone harvested my card number in a database theft and it is only coincidence, e.g. someone is using a fraudulent credit card to play. Someone could be doing so to log in as a second user and boost the points of themself as the first user. Ah, we have a new genre! Fraud in virtual reality!

Charges have been disputed, will see what grief I go through for the priveledge of having a Visa card number stolen and used. Sigh.

• Jb
      8th of Jan, 2010

Two unauthorized credit card charges.

• Ki
      25th of Jan, 2010

THIS COMPANY HAS CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD 30.92 AND I WANT IT BACK CAUSE I WAS NEVER ON THE WEBSITE TO BEGINE WITH.P.S.GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY.

• Br
      27th of Apr, 2010

On 4/26/2010 2 unauthorized charges were put on my debit/credit card. I am in the process of disputing this with my bank. Why is this company being allowed to continue their fraud?

23rd of Jan, 2011

The same thing happened to me...very sneaky practices...they charge your card every month and do not notify you. They did not make it clear when I bought a game my card would be charged monthly WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. I will NEVER deal with this company again.

• Ju
      16th of Feb, 2011

Maryanne ~ Just to let you know, it's the customer's responsibility to read the Terms & Conditions BEFORE making a purchase such as this...shame on you.