Dri Symantec / unauthorized charge on my credit card

I renewed my Norton Anti virus online, as I do every year. My credit card was charged for the renewal, as expected. I also have a renewal charge from DRI Symantec, in the amount of $39.99, which I don't know what it's for. I want a refund credited back to my credit card.

Comments

7th of Jul, 2008

My credit card was wrongfully charged for the alleged DRI*Symantec transaction in the amount of 59.99. This occurred when I was only trying to renew Norton Annual. The later turned out to cause my computer to disfunction, so I had to delete it as well.

• We
      14th of Sep, 2008

I was charged $39.99 (unauthorized) to my VISA by DRI Symantec. Only after a 15 minute fight with the Customer Service person did they agree to credit my account. I am not a user of thier product and have not been for some time. When I asked to speak to someone about my complaint of this unauthorized charge I was stalled and then they hung up the phone. Now I will wait to see it they actually credit my account.

14th of Sep, 2008

Symantec (Symantic & Nortons are one and the same!) along with most anti-viruses they offer piss poor protection from the threat of viruses in the wild anyway. I know someone who was using their anti-virus last year and it failed big time. Their are far better alternatives such as Kaspersky Labs or Nod-32 but the easiest answer is just get a real operating system and stop using windows.

• Wi
      26th of Nov, 2008

I was charged $39.99 (unauthorized) to my VISA by DRI*Symantec. Please refund charges back to my VISA
    immediately as I did not authorized transaction.

Thank you.

William

• Se
      13th of Apr, 2009

A $39.99 was recently charged to my VISA card by DRI Symantec myord.com after I had ordered an updated version of Norton Anti Virus...NOT Symantec. I am noticing a pattern from people who use Norton or regularly upgrade their Norton software. Has anyone contacted Norton about this to see what the connection could be?

Thanks,