DRI Family Savers Club / Unauthorized membership

1 Brazil, IL, United States Review updated:

I have no idea how they got my credit card number. I can tell you that my wife and I always, 100% of the time refuse any offers of this type and there is no way that can ever be confusing. This is definitely a scam. I contacted the CC company and the dispute dept connected directly to DRI. They did refund the initial membership but I have to file a claim for the monthly charges. That will probably take several months.

La

Comments

• Li
      19th of Dec, 2007

Unauthorized charges appeared on my visa. $1.87 on 10-19-07 and $39.95 on 11-6-07.

• Ab
      21st of Dec, 2007

I agree with it. It has happened with me too. I don;t even know what they are charging me for.

• Cd
      9th of Jan, 2008

I had the same thing happened to me. The number on my bank statement was DRI*FAMILYSAVERSCLUB 888-272-0252. I called the number and they direceted me to www.ezhelpcenter.com where you will go in and put your email address and zip code to cancel this so called membership. The website for FAQ & Questions. http://www.easyhelpcenter.com/faq.html. This is the second one today I've had to remove from my account.

• Mi
      10th of Jan, 2008

I, too, am having trouble with this company charging my card. They have gotten me for $60.00 so far and I have opened up an investigation with my credit card company and am closing this account out and getting a new one. They were never authorized by me to charge my card and I have a sneaky suspicion that the company that gave out my credit card info is My Dollar Shop. I signed up with them one day before I started getting charges from DRI Family Savers Club, but cancelled with My Dollar Shop a few days later.

• Ke
      12th of Jan, 2008

I also have experienced the same problems as the other complaints! Unfortunately, it took me several months to catch what was happening, so I've lost over $200 already. It appears that they have been charging me for two "accounts" that I never initiated in the first place! The initial charges were $1.87, then $39.95, now $19.95 per month (times two!).

• Vi
      14th of Jan, 2008

I did not order the " Family savers club service ", and do not wish to be involved.

• Mi
      16th of Jan, 2008

Cancel my membership, please.

• Ca
      17th of Jan, 2008

I don't remember even doing this, but they keep charging me who do I contact to get it removed, and my money refunded?

• Cl
      18th of Jan, 2008

I dealing with another matter entirly and all of
    a sudden the operator I was dealing with informed
    me of the free membership they wanted to give
    to me and having dealt with similar bogus deal such as this
    before I was quick to outrightly refuse this extra offer
    very clearly now a few days later I open my mail only to find
    out that I am currently a member man am I pissed especially
    after having to log on to the computer website procided for canceling this membership I only reach a web page with
    a great # of angry disatisfied people whom this company
    has been openly stealing money from I want to know how
    we can begin a class action lawsuit against these criminals
    "cmon people let's unite".

• Ro
      22nd of Jan, 2008

i want to cancel do not charge my creditcard.

• El
      25th of Jan, 2008

I feel that I have been duped also. I just noticed a 39.95 dollar charge twice on my checking account for Grant Consultant.com. It was supposed to be only 1.97 to receive a cd in the mail and then a bunch of information regarding small business grants but to pay 40.00 for a membership I didn't agree on. I even have the specs for this. I want to be canceled and will put a stop payment on this account.

• Ti
      28th of Jan, 2008

I WANT TO CANCEL MY ACCOUNT WITH WWW.GRANTCONSULTANT AS OF 01/28/2008

• Sp
      29th of Jan, 2008

I did not want this service or whatever is being charged to my account. i do not know what this is and want it canceled IMMEDIATELY!!!!

31st of Jan, 2008
    Family Savers - Unauthorized charges!
    Dri Family Savers

I had an unauthorized withdrawn amount of $1.87 on 1/14/2008, and then another unauthorized withdrawn amount of $39.95 on 1/30/2008!

• Ti
      5th of Feb, 2008

I too have a complaint against FamilySaversServices, as I cancelled their nonservice and got a reversal of charge $1.87,
    then they pended charges for $39.95 on the same day to my
    credit card. Even though I complained to the card company it
    now has posted to my account making me suspicious of all of
    them. Are they in cahoots with the company? One would think so.

It seems they are known across the country as a fraud, but they are currently stealing my money!

• Ba
      8th of Feb, 2008

I will also call again on Monday to make sure you got my cancelation. How do you steal from so many people and get away with it?

• En
      9th of Feb, 2008

I WANT TO CANCEL MY ACCOUNT WITH WWW.GRANTCONSULTANT AS 02/09/2008 I WANT IT INMEDDIATELY!!!

• Sh
      12th of Feb, 2008

I want to cancel your services. I can't afford it and I live on a fixed income. So please cancel it.

13th of Feb, 2008

I want this stopped. You were never authorized to take more money from my account. 39.95 for WHAT. Cancel this immediatly. Thank you.

16th of Feb, 2008