DRI Elements 5 / charges on my bank card

When I went to check my bank account two charges of 29.95 was on my account and was authorized at 7:50 pm my husband and I both were both home. We did not get online nor did we order anything. This company is a FRAUD I have never heard of them and NEVER bought crap from them

More DRI Elements 5 Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• We
      8th of Aug, 2008

• Da
      20th of Sep, 2008

I received an e-mail from my credit card company telling me that a large charge had been posted to my account. I went to my statement online and noticed a charge for $272.00 on my credit card. The company that charged my card was DRI WWW ELEMENTS INFO. I called the credit card immediatly and told them that I did not authorize this charge, nor did I know who this company was or what they charged me for. I filed a dispute with my credit card company, that was a month ago. I got an e-mail today from my credit card company saying they could'nt do anything because DRI WWW ELEMENTS INFO had denied the dispute and said that my card was present at the time of the transaction, they also said the charge was for software. What software! I had never even heard of this company before, nor would I buy $272.00 worth of software for a computer that I don't use often, and how was my card present if the transaction was done on-line? The credit card company said there is nothing they can do. Where do I go next?

• St
      29th of Sep, 2008

i got charged with the same thing, and there is no info online about this company so wierd, i have no clue what to do

• Cc
      3rd of Oct, 2008

Hi
    I just got the charge on my account today. I called my bank and was told that I would need to let the charge post and then dispute it.

Dri Elements is a part of PC Tools. This is an anti-spyware program.

I spoke to Eric at PC Tools and asked him to close my subscription. I haven't used the program since 2006.

I found a copy of my original invoice in my Documents. I gave the number to Eric. He said he would reverse the charges and cancel my subscription.
    Call PC Tools at 800-764-5783.

Good Luck C

• Mi
      11th of Nov, 2008

I too found $29.95 charged to my checking account today (11/11/08) from DRi Elements 5.com. After investigating I found it came from PC Tools for Spy Doctor software that I ordered in 12/07 and it expired. PC Tools AUTOMATICALLY renewed it without my permission. I called PC Tools and they are refunding my account and cancelling any further subscription.

• Mw
      1st of Apr, 2009

I also found a charge on my account for $29.95 - called the number for PC Tools 800.764.5783 spoke to Kayla she said it was a renewal for spyware purchased in 2006 -- it is April 2009 -- NOT COOL! She said she would reverse the charges.
    Thank you for the information, I had no idea what this was... or where to start...
    Thank you Thank you!

• Fi
      13th of Apr, 2010

Using the info on this board, I too called PC Tools to deal with the charge of $29.95. I had to think up an old email account I used four years ago for them to find my info. I never remember purchasing anything they sell. The guy I spoke with was nice and said he would reverse the charges. A few weeks later, the charge was still on my account. I called back and tried again. This guy was nice as well. Perhaps they will actually clear it this time. This is severely aggravating and a shady way to do business.

Good luck everyone else.