DRI Element5.com / fraudulent charge

United States Review updated:

I've never ever heard of dri element 5, but today I went to view my account online and there's a charge for $39.95!!! never heard from them, don't know what they do or sell and what certainly didn't buy anything from them.
Gl

Comments

An
  15th of Sep, 2008
checked my banking account and saw a unfamiliar company taking $39.99 out of my checking known as DRI Element5.com never heard of these people and definately never bought anything from these people.
Ri
  17th of Sep, 2008
I have found a withdrawal from my bank account of £52.50. I do not know why this money has been taken and request an immediate return of this money.

This amount was taken on July 17 2008 and the entry reads - Dri wwwElements5 Info elements5 info

Nothing has been sent to me by post or through the system to my computer.

I am alarmed, please rectify this matter immediately.

Yours sincerely Richard Inman
Jo
  20th of Sep, 2008
the same here; after a little investigation it seems that it was a online purchase I did. I bought & downloaded online the AVG anti-virus package. This was this transaction...
Je
  28th of Sep, 2008
Yeah, i got check my bank today online. here this charge that was made. I sure the heck didn;t do it and have to have my bank shut down anything coming on going out of it, shat great fun, i better get my money back, has anyone heard or been to this site
Ju
  14th of Nov, 2008
I too have been SCAMMED by this company. I've never heard of DriElement 5 and yet, somehow, they were able to charge my account 3 separate times totaling $69.85! What a RACKET.

I've called my bank and they said ### companies like drielement 5 do these kind of shady things all the time. I can't figure out how they got my debit card number, but I've canceled my card and had to order a new one.
I guess it pays to be diligent with your bank account to watch out for stuff like this.
Ro
  18th of Nov, 2008
I too have been scammed by Dri Elements5.com and confirm its origin is PC Tools.com. I have contacted all parties possibly complicit in fraudulent acts and have contacted both the California and US Attorneys General's Office and Fraud units. My next step is to file a Class Action case against these parties and would seek others to join. Contact RF Landon at info@thec3group.com
Dm
  24th of Nov, 2008
This company has a charge of 29.95 pending on my son's student checking account that he did not authorize and has never heard of this company before. I have contacted BoA and they are going to set up a stop payment and repost the money to my son's account as soon as this charge posts. I have no clue how they got his account information because he does not shop or use his card on the internet.

I think its disgusting how the companies do this and get away with it.
Lc
  1st of Dec, 2008
They just did it to me too, today, for $49.86. I don't even know who or what they are. The last on-line purchase with my card was for Consumer Report online. My bank thinks it is from there site that they got my information. HOW IRONIC>
Jo
  5th of Mar, 2009
I noticed 3 separate charges on my account totaling over $200.00 fromthese ###. It took an hour to cancel my card because my credit union was closed and the credit card company said that they could not find their info. I can't wait to talk to my credit union this morning and will be filing a police report against these ###.
Mi
  29th of Jun, 2009
June 29, 2009 - Hi everyone,

I called Element 5's customer service department at 1-800-406-4966 and it turned out that a charge that went thru my Visa account was in another person's name, with a different address, and a different company name. Element 5 said it looked fraudulent, so they are in the process of refunding my money (CDN$30). Somehow a transaction went thru with my card number, but the wrong customer.