Dri Avast Software / Refund

1 Denver, CO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 3033553700

I have a debit that was taken out of my bank account without ever purchasing your software. How a company can take money from me without my permission raises the question, how did you get access to my account in the first place? Please refund my $99.99 immediately!

Sincerely,

Amanda evans

Ae
Mar 19, 2013

Comments

• Ju
      19th of Mar, 2013

I purchased there product .Web site offers refund, WELL... just try to get a refund and no I'm not happy not with there dog tail chasing merry go round the bush tactics .

• Ae
      20th of Mar, 2013

I don't even kow how they could take money from my checking acct in the first place, I never purchased their prodcuts! I am infuriated by this! From what I've read it is going to be a battle to get my money back. I feel violated of my privacy and am concerned with identity theft at this point.

• Sb
      25th of May, 2018

@AEvans06 Call your bank and report it as a fraud charge. It will be taken off your statement within 30 days and the money refunded as long as you have not downloaded it to your computer. Once it is on your computer it embeds itself in your operating system and can corrupt other software files. We had this happen on a Windows 8 machine and ended up having to pay to have the operating system re-installed. Totally stay away from them. Additionally, if you are running windows just keep your security patches updated and run "malware bytes" (a free tool) once in a while and you should be okay.

• Tr
      20th of Sep, 2013

I not happy ay all when I told them I had a Apple iPad i don't think I need the avast they said oh yes all Apple iPad need them I was worried but did it so right after getting off the phone with them I called apple they said no no get it off now you don't Avery need avast never so I called them back to get my money back and all I get is the run around so still today no money they took $ 31.86 from me I am on social security disability because I am going die I am only 50 with a 16 yrs old so the money I get don't go far with my meds I gotta buy so that company should feel bad thank

18th of Mar, 2018

@Tracie Schoch I feel so sorry for you.I too was scammed 49.99 for nothing and Im also on disability and totally infuriated!

• Bu
      25th of May, 2018

@Christina Vella They just took $52 out of my account putting me in the negative (currently seeking employment) and have yet to return it. I'm now $-80 which is awesome when you have no money coming in..

11th of Oct, 2013

i did not purchase anything from this company and i dont even know who it is. please refund all of my monies immediately. i dont have money to give away.

• Te
      7th of Nov, 2014

I have been trying to get a refund from AVAST for months now... I just keep getting the run around, I have been told by the tech team that they don't even have a phone number for AVASTs Corporate Office. I Purchased over 100.00 of AVAST products and they do not run on my computer. Tech support could not get it to run as well. They told me to put a ticket order in for the refund, I did that twice to no avail, , , no one has tried to contact me at all... I'm so upset I don't know what to do... I feel like I've been robbed! Can someone give me any advise? thanks Teresa in Empire CA.

1st of Apr, 2015

was chardged for 32.09 did not authorize want the 32.09 refuned back to my account asap

• Mi
      21st of Aug, 2015

Applied for avast grimefighter but did not activate it because of problems with it do not want it or need it i cannot get a refund keep getting the runaround from them be very careful of avast read the complaints befor you buy!!!

• Rm
      30th of Aug, 2015

J'aI recu mon relevé de compte de Master Card pour le mois d'aout. J'y ai retrouvé un montant de 49.99$ en provenance de DR*AVAST SOFTW SHANNON.CO. Je n'ai jamais postulé pour etre abonné à cette protection. J'ai Avast Anti-Virus gratuit, et le 13 aout, je me suis abonné à Avast Nexway. Quant à DR*AVAST SOFTW, je ne connais meme son existence!!! Et je n'ai jamais recu de courriel comme quoi je m'Étais abonné à ce Je ne sais quoi! Je vous prierais de corriger cet erreur, et de me créditer le montant de $49.99. Si quelqu'un de votre compagnie m'a abonné par erreur, sachez que je ne veux pas de ce produit et si j'y suis abonné, veuillez l'annuler au plus tot! J'ai appelé Master Card, et si message ne suffit pas, on m' a proposé de faire une plainte pour fraude. Comme je ne crois pas à une fraude, je vous demanderais de réparer le tout! Dans tous ms courriels du mois, je n'ai recu aucun avis de renouvellement automatique!!! J'en conclus que je n'ai jamais été abonné à un produit dont je ne connais meme pas l'existence! Espérant une réponse favorable à ma demande, je demeure un fidèle D'AVAST aux produit auxquels je suis abonnés ainsi qu'aux produits gratuits. Sur ce, je signe: Rémy Corriveau, Sherbrooke, Canada. Courriel: remy4321@videotron. ca

• Rm
      30th of Aug, 2015

Dommage que cet incident arrive! j'ai toujours été pleinement satisfait d'Avast et ses services! Rémy Corriveau

4th of Dec, 2015

My 12 month contract rolled over and I was billed $47.00 for a renewal fee, but your company did not renewal Avast on my computer. I had paid $170.00 for 1 year of tec. support. and called them but the guy I had from India got in my computer and shut off my fire wall because I would not pay another $300.00. since then I called Tec. support for Avast 4 or 5 times and was on the phone for over 6 hrs. and 3 other Tec. support people could not fix my computer. I want a Full Refund for my renewal payment that was deducted from my bank account, That I did not get. And a refund for the $170.00 for Tec. support for 12 mts. Because no one could help me turn back on my Avast protection. And Because your rep. from India screwed my computer all up because I wouldn't pay an additional $300.00 to his scam. I'm fed up and I'm prepared to obtain a Lawyer over this matter. Fill free to call me at 931 628 3706 if you must Doran Mauck 801 smith ave Hohenwald TN. 38462

4th of Dec, 2015

I want a full refund for both Tec. support $170.00 and the renewal fee $47.00 you deducted from my bank account for Avast security I never received.

• Ne
      6th of Dec, 2016

i'm absolutely disgusted that AVAST do not have a 'Contactable Phone number ... that works!" for their Corporate Office so as to deal with these complaints... some seem fraudulant in taking fees from Customers either without their full knowledge or them not providing the product or providing a working product. There should be a Help Team at Avast that deals with these many complaints. I have also been billed twice and an increased annual amount without being notified. This was not done before. I also have problems getting in touch with AVAST via telephone. Get your act together AVAST stop being evasive, help your customers also... and not only take their money .. or you'll lose customers!

20th of Dec, 2016

Well after reading all above complains I too have had a popup on my screen and like every one else I got caught, after clicking and paid with Paypal a window opened up saying that the problem had been fixed. Note the name that I paid the money to is DRYAVAST not Avast, so now I tend to believe that we all got caught and we are wasting our time trying. if anyone has any other thoughts please let me know. thank you
    email (dminorchio@gmail.com)

9th of Jan, 2017

I tried to write a longer email but got cut off. In short, I was scammed. Can we all file a class action lawsuit against AVAST? Lee Waldrup. waldrupcharles2@gmail.com.

9th of Jan, 2017

I called my VISA Regions Bank to check on a certain merchandise charge, unrelated to AVAST, and straightened that out. Then, I was told I owed $64.19 from AVAST. I did order, last year, extra security from AVAST but since then another security system was installed and AVAST removed. I could never get someone at AVAST to respond when I tried to cancel AVAST. I was never notified that I was to be charged again for the AVAST security system by email or any other notification. I have not paid the $64.19 yet but will be charged late fee of $37.00 if VISA is not paid in about 10 days. I do not want AVAST system or to be charged for it. Since there are so many others having this problem, can we all get an attorney firm as class action against this company?

14th of Dec, 2017

@Charles Lee Waldrup I too just saw a charge to my debit card from Avast for 59.99, so I called the bank, they closed that debit card number right away and I will receive a fraud from to fill out, and a new debit card in 5 to 7 days.

5th of Feb, 2017

Cancelled Avast on January 21st 2017. Never received confirmation but was notified today that subscription was renewed. I DO NOT want this program and want a refund immediately. my order number is 16748380900 pass word GgM5h1
    Sincerely SandraTankersley.
    P.S. I also recancelled my subscription today

sincerelyassword GgM5h1

• La
      8th of May, 2017

All I see here are people who don't know how things are working.
    When purchasing one of the avast products, you do not buy the product but take a subscription.
    By default the auto-renewal (aka continues protection) is enabled or disabled.
    This depends on the country you are in (has to do with different laws)
    If the auto-renewal is enabled, you will automatically charged when your current subscription is about to end.
    avast send 3(!) mails to inform you that it is about to happen so you will have enough time to cancel the auto-renewal.

More information can be found here > https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB24

31st of May, 2017

refund my $106.47

31st of May, 2017

am not into Bull [censor] return my refunds $106.00

• Du
      13th of May, 2018

I do not want to renew for this year . Please refund the money . thank you.