DRI Auction Monster / Unauthorized withdrawal!

1 PO Box 116Cameron, SC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 803-837-1332

I have two unauthorized charges to my account. One is in November, and the other is in december. They are from the same company, and I have no idea who this DRI Auction Monster is. Both of these charges were for $59.95. I do not know of anything that I bought for this price, and I know that I did not buy anything from DRI Auction Monster. I want to know how I go about getting my money back, and getting my card taken off of this list.

Thank You.

Comments

• De
      11th of Aug, 2007
    DR*AuctionMonster 866-897-0662 CO - Unauthorized charges
    Canada

I found a total of 3 different charges on my cc.

1. 4.92$ can (4.50$ USD) june 27th 2007
    2. 71.87$ can (71.87$ USD) july 9th 2007
    3. 72.12$ can (67.25$ USD) august 6th 2007

I never used their services. I am not even sure of the website link. These charges must be reimbursed. They were billed on my visa without my consent. VISA is already aware of that problem. Any attempt to hit my cc again will be stopped and reported immediately to me.

11th of Jan, 2008
    DRI Auction Monster - Taking payments with no results!
    United Kingdom
    Phone: 01743233214

Dri auctionmonster - they are taking payment of $35.25 per month for what... I cannot get into there site and i have never used them! Stay away from them!

• Le
      17th of Jan, 2008

I had the same problem!!! Call your credit card company and they can give you the phone number for Auction Monster...or I can just give it to you here from calling my financial institution...

866-897-0662. They are open until 6pm Mountain Time. I just called and left a message. We'll see if I get my money back or not.

Leah

• Bo
      14th of Feb, 2008

I had the same problem but didn't notice it until I had been charged 3 times. You can call the number mentioned above and if you argue long enough, they'll refund 1 month. I called my credit card company and put a dispute in concerning the remaining payments. I think this all started with my ordering a disk concerning ebay auctions. Apparently if I didn't cancel something within 10 days they were to bill me. Although I could not convince DRI of this, this practice is illegal (don't know the statues, but it is). On top of all of this, DRI passed my Credit card info along to another concern, Residual Savings, who was also billing me 12.95 per month for some other nebulous service.
    I've given all of this information to my credit card company, but it galls me that I was so easily taken. I even remember getting a phone call (I assume from DRI) with an obnoxius salesmen trying to sell me something additional.

In all of this, of course, I received no services, nor did I know I had any. Just trying to do my bit to shed light on a shabby company(s).

27th of Feb, 2008

I totally agree as the same, exact problem and when I contacted my credit card company they gave me the same
    phone number to call. When I called DRI they told me that they only billed me for what I had offered and they said as a courtesy they would return the last month that they debited my account. I called my credit card company back and they said that was the only refund I should expect to get back. I kind of feel like I was getting the brush off, not what I expected. I thought that credit card companies are supposed to protect their customers
    money and credit. So now I am out $59.95 times three for the 4 months that the got away with billing me, if
    DRI actually does give me the one month "courtesy refund" as promised. I also plan on pursuing the balance of the charges. Do you have any advise on whether my credit card company should be obligated to pursue the balance of my refund for me or not. I ordinarilly would have noticed the charges sooner but I was in the hospital
    for 2 months.

• Re
      28th of Feb, 2008

I had the same problem. I have signed up for many trial offers in the past but keep good records on everything that i pay for. I is curious that of all of the offers that i have paid for...this one does not show up in my records at all. I called and spoke to Fallon ext. 115. And she wasnt nasty but verry sarcastic. It is funny that all of the complaints that I about this services were listed in their FAQ section under billing - http://auctionmonster.biz/billing.html.

I am quite sure that they get calls all day long about their unscrupulous tactics.

• Ki
      29th of Feb, 2008
    DRI Auction Monster - Unauthorized billing!
    90 BASTON ROAD
    North Yarmouth
    Maine

I signed up for trial membership for this, found out quickly it was not for me and tried to cancel the membership... I have heard nothing back from emails sent or phone calls and they have now charged my bank account 2 months!!! I have my bank looking into them!

• Jw
      19th of Mar, 2008

I just found 3 charges for $59.95 on my account. I called the number (1-866-897-0662) for DRI Auction Monster and when I asked for my money back they laughed at me and dared me to take them to court (I spoke with "Tabitha"). I have no idea who they are or what they do and I DID NOT sign up for anything. Now I have had to cancel my card and get a new one (reported card stolen/lost). What a pain!!! Fortunately my bank will reimburse me for up to 90 days worth of charges, so I'll get my money back that way.

• Br
      19th of Mar, 2008

Same here. Does anyone know of a class action against these guy's or is anyone interested in trying to fine a lawyer?

Supposedly they claim that my wife agreed to receive a cd from they about selling products on ebay. From her recollection she entered in her name address and phone number but did not give our credit card. Later she received a telemarketing call asking if she wanted to buy some book on getting grants. She gave our credit card number to them (which really pisses me off) and now we are receiving charges from auction monster, residual savings and a couple of other companies. When talking with these other companies they have told me that we are now in a database that, because we accepted the terms and conditions of this telemarketing company, allows them to automatically sign us up with their services.

I am still trying to piece together what exactly happened but this is basically what I know so far. This is clearly fraud. No terms and conditions should allow people to pull credit card information and use it without the persons consent. I am going to be contacting some lawyers to see if this is worth a class action suit but I encourage others to speak out about this and call lawyers to see if someone wants to take it on. From what I understand is that if a lawyer sees that there will be damages awarded they can initiate a lawsuit and either get a court to have the company give names of the people who where ripped off so they can be contacted or people must come together to get the case rolling. I think that this is a big deal and I am sure that there are tons of people affected.

• Be
      2nd of Jul, 2008
    DRI Auction Monster - Unauthorized charges
    Lewisville
    Texas
    Phone: 972.436.7505

Every month the same charge appears on my credit card bill: $59.95 for DRI AUCTION MONSTER. This was to have been a one-time charge but it appears over and over and I can't seem to get it stopped.

14th of Jul, 2008

WTF??? I just realized myself being charged with 12.95 now already for 8 month i believe. Who is or are "Royalty Savers"??? I've been trying to get someone on the phone now for about 30 minutes, and since no one is answering I guess I just have to go to my bank and talk to them.

claudia

14th of Jul, 2008

very interesting, I actaully got someone on the phone, of my asking him what they are and how they got my information, the man told me that I ordered green tea, and I got automatically signed up for some savings stuff, where you can "go online and print out coupons for hotels and other things" I have never gotten an email or anything that would have told me that, so anyways, the guy canceled my account.

• Te
      1st of Apr, 2009

I got a man on the phone when I called saying I ordered a Google Profit program but I ordered it and got a disk but yet the man told me there was no disc. Funny he asked my phone number and when I gave it, he knew all my info which I don't ever remember giving my cell # out. I tried talking him in to giving my money of a total of $72.85 back but they wouldn't. Be Ware of online scams and giving credit card information out. Some how these people get you.