Dri Acai Slimming Diet / unauthorized charges

The same as everyone else about this. The DRI Acai Slimming Diet free trial. Said all I had to pay was the shipping, $4.95, no further obligation. I ordered it on Dec. 20, 2008 and received the bottle about a week later, I had also ordered the Total Clense that was advertised with it, but never was charged the $5.oo for that and I never received it.

Now tonight I check my back acct info and I was billing for $79.95 for the DRI Acai Slimming Diet, and as of yet I have not received anything else in the mail. I did not give them any authorization whatsoever to charge my acct again, and I do not recall anywhere in their advertisement about any further charges. When I applied, I took my time and read all the info carefully. Nothing at all indicated any further charges. Tomorrow when my bank opens, I'm called them about the unauthorized charged taken out of my bank acct.

Unfortunately I no longer have the email from the company, after I received the product, I deleted the message.

Mi

Comments

• Le
      15th of Jan, 2009

I ordered a free bottle of ACAI Slimming Diet and it arrived 7 days later. I was so excited to take it because I expected huge results. Unfortunately, I got zero results and I was very unhappy with the product. The only result that I got was a rash all over my body!!!

Today, I opened up my online bank account to find a charge of $79.95 for this product!!!

THIS WAS NOT AUTHORIZED!!! In today's economy everyone is watching their accounts very closely and this charge is not legit. Now my bank tells me that I will have to cancel my account. Start a new account and sign a document that swears that these charges are not authorized. Once again, I am the victim!!!

I need an address to get in touch with these crooks because I need my money back just to survive! Can someone help me with that?

Frustrated in North Augusta;
    Leia

• Le
      15th of Jan, 2009

I contacted the company for Acai-aSlim today.

They promised a refund of my purchase and it would take 3-5 business days for the charge to come off of my credit card.

you can send an email to: info@verify.com and leave your name, phone # and product and they promise to get back to you within 1 business day.

Also, I called them, while sending the email and spoke with someone about the product and the side-affects that I experienced with it. That # is: 877-317-0189. You may be on hold for an hour, but it is worth it to get your money back.

I hope this helps you!!!

Leia Bowman

• Gc
      17th of Jan, 2009

I ordered a bottle of these diet pills and only had to pay the shipping charges of $1.95. As other complaints I have read about this same company, I just discovered unauthorized charges of $79.95 on my bank account. There was nothing mentioned about additional charges or anything.

I hope someone stops these people. I also had the same problem with another company.

• Yr
      18th of Jan, 2009

I discovered the same problem today...was anyone able to get a refund with no hassles??

thanks
    yr

• Hj
      24th of Jan, 2009

I discovered that charges were made to my credit card as well. When I finally spoke to someone she told me that when I agreed to try the "free" sample, I agreed to cancel and return it within 14 days if I was not "satisfied" with it or I would be charged for it. One month is $85?? Obviously no one would buy this if all of this was revealed clearly ahead of time. She did cancel my order and told me how to return the unused product. I also just realized that I was charged 15 days after my order went in, but it took about a week for it to come, so really I've had maybe 7 days of use, but less because I was waiting on the companion product. Lesson learned: READ those terms and conditions, and do some more research ahead of time.

• Fa
      24th of Jan, 2009

I did not agree to order this product. How do I stop the charges and the pills fro coming? How do you stop the charges. The number on the bottle is a fake.

• Hj
      24th of Jan, 2009

I called 877-271-4199. It took about 15 minutes but someone finally answered.

• Do
      24th of Jan, 2009

I agree with everyone about the "unauthorized charges". First off I never received the trail product but did get charged the $1.95. But I just wrote it off - less than $2 why bother, Right? WRONG!!! The next week I noticed a pending charge for the $79.95 and had to wait for it actually post as a charge. Called the company (waited 12 minutes on hold) finally got a representative and was told since they had a delivery confirmation number they wouldn't refund me the $79.95 but they would cancel all further shipments. I asked if they had a signed delivery confirmation and the answer was no. But she was very ADAMANT that I wasn't getting a refund because I had not returned the free sample. What a rip-off this company has going. DONT ORDER OR DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. It took me almost 4 days arguing with them and my bank to get the charges reimbursed.

• El
      27th of Jan, 2009
    Dri Acai Slimming Diet - I DID NOT ORDER IT OR RECIEVE IT
    DRI ACAI SLIMING DIET

HELLO, I DID NOT ORDER THIS PRODUCT OR KNOW WHAT IT IS FOR! MY BANK HAS INFORMED ME OF THESE TRANSACTIONS ON MY ACCOUNT. I AM WRITING TO YOU TO STOP THIS SCAMMING OR FRAUD BUSINESS NOW. I HAVE INFORMED THE BANK AND THE BBB. YOU HAVE TWO DAYS TO PUT THIS BACK ON MY BAND ACCOUNT . DO THIS PROMPTLY OR THE WHEELS ARE GOING TO START TO TURN! CANCEL ANYHTING THAT TOU HAVE CHARGE TO MY ACCOUNT OR YOU WILL BE HERING FOR ALOT OF PEOPLE, DO THE RIGHT THING NOW, AND I WILL STOP THE WHEELS FROM TURNING! THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! ELAINE MURDOCK, 4918 WOODLAND FORREST DR, TUSCALOOSA, AL 35405 YOU HAVE TWO DAYS TO CANCEL AND RETURN!

• Da
      28th of Jan, 2009

Well i contacted them and they say that in the terms & condition we have 14 days to cancel or we would get charged to our credit card. Which i can find anywhere. I guess these are new scams now just pay for shipping using your credit card and we will find a way to get more money off of you later when we feel like it.
    Daniel

28th of Jan, 2009

I had the same thing happen to me. I was just told that the charge would be taken off my account in 3 to 5 business days and my subscription cancelled. I told the represetative that I understood there were a lot of complaints concerning this happening. He said that that is because "people don't read the instructions". I told him not to blame the comsumer and that the company should look into what they are doing as it is not right. If HJA hadn't put that phone number in, I would still be searching who to contact. I think this should be reported to the Better Business Bureau.

• Ro
      29th of Jan, 2009
    Dri Acai Slimming - unauthorized charges

I have just noticed a charge of $85.55 on my account for what I don't know. I tried the trial offer of Acai and did not see anything about them sending more if I did not call and cancel further shipments. I have not received any more pills, so I do not know where to send them back and try to get my money refunfed.

• Ka
      29th of Jan, 2009

I had the exact thing happen. I was able to get a phone number for this company. It is 1-877-271-4199...the "fine print" is that you pay for the S&H, but if you don't call within 14 days, they charge you $79.95 for your "free" bottle.

The person that I spoke to was rather snooty and rude that I had not called within the 14 days...they did issue a credit to my account, but it's very deceptive.

• Mo
      30th of Jan, 2009

I had called them when they first charged me, it was not in the 14 day period they claimed and they would not take the charge off unless I sent the product back. Okay fine it didn't work anyways, so I told the girl to take me off any further shipping, that I did not want the product anymore. I check my bank today and they have yet again charged me 79.95!! This is getting rediculous! This company is a scam and is just trying to get your money! Something seriously needs to be done about this!!

• Mo

you get em!

• Gl
      30th of Jan, 2009

The same thing has happened to me with this company except I can't get anyone on the phone. I have called every other day since 12-10-08 and I got someone to answer only once and she said her pc was down. I ask her if I gave her my info could she please cancel my account and she said no that she had to talk with someone else about it first. Since then I have been charged two time for $79.95 and I still can't get anyone to answer the phone. CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS!!!
    gloria158@earthlink.net

2nd of Feb, 2009

I ordered a free bottle and was charged the 4.95 twice plus 79.95 I would like you to return my money into my account immediately. There was nothing about a 79.95 charge or I wouldn't have orered the free bottle, which is a lie if your charged 79.95. plus i was charged 4.95 twice. Return my money or I will report your company to the better business bureau.
    sandy
    se043@optonline.net

2nd of Feb, 2009

I just called the number provided by Kate (thank you so much) and he seemed to know why I was calling...they refunded my money immediately and said I could keep the product as a gift from the company.

• De
      6th of Feb, 2009

I also ordered a trial supply of acai berry and total cleanse., later to find out that they have billed me for two other products. After trying to contact my bank, they told me that I could not stop payment of a debit account just cancel my debit card, and order a new one. I didn't cost my a dime. Try that.

• Ca
      10th of Feb, 2009

I qam having the same difficulty with this product as everyone else. They are removing $79.95 from my account and not even sending the product. The one time I received the product, it was totally ineffective. I have tried writing 2 letters and they continue to withdraw from my account. The phone numbers I have tried states that they do not have me on the list. It is a scam.