Dr.Halbert / Personal Womens Care / Terrible experience

I want to start off by saying i have never been brought to the point to complain about a dr. I am pregnant dr. halbert was my OBGYN till i fired him. The first visit i mad a appt. because i found out i was preggers. I was so excited for that first visit, but when i went in i waited for over an hour only for the dr. to say "SO WHY ARE YOPU HERE TODAY" he didn't know i was pregnant even though i told them on the phone!!! So here we go another hour to wait for the sonogram room. A total of 3 hours that first visit!!! Well that day he also prescribed a medicine for me to stop the nausea which my insurance didn't cover unless he authorized it, so i called and told his office on a Friday morning and told them so by the afternoon because i didn't receive a phone call i went to the pharmacy and they said it was not done and that the dr. office was closed monday cam, we made like 400 phone calls and no one had it done!!!

Comments

• Ba
      14th of Mar, 2009

I have had 4 children and in my experience it has been the good doctors that tend to have a long wait. My first three children were delivered my other doctors at other offices. Dr. Halpert has been my doctor for the past 6 years and he has not only been excellent in terms of care, but also quite compassionate.

• Pe
      4th of Jun, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Halperts for over 8 years and I am about to deliver my second baby in mere weeks. I will agree that there is always a wait when you see Dr. Halpert but after being to several gyno's over the years, his knowledge and treatment of his patients is what makes him worth it. As stated by someone else, he is exceptionally compasionate towards his patients which is why there is a wait, he always takes the time to answer your questions with a genuine concern for your feelings and well being.

• Kc
      6th of Jul, 2011

I agree with the original comments. Be glad that you did not stick around till the birth of your child. Dr. Halpert never showed up at the hospital when I was in labor. He was paged over and over and nor he or Dr. Sommers came. My baby was in distress and to make a VERY long story short - because of their neglegance, a stranger delivered my full term baby and she ended up in the NICU because of all we were put through. To top it off, the office called me 2 days later to confirm my last prenatal visit. They didnt even know I gave birth! When I went to the office with my baby weeks later, not one person in the office even acknowledged my baby. It was like she wasnt even there. Compassion??? None. Since then, I tell my story to everyone and I've heard nothing but complaints. I know of 2 other women who have left their practice for other reasons.