Dresssale.co.uk / I have had a very bad experience with dresssale.co.uk

I have had a very bad experience with dresssale.co.uk, firstly they are based in China, not the UK. I ordered a wedding dress and a bridesmaids dress, they looked absolutely beautiful on the website. I ordered and paid via paypal. I received the dresses a few weeks later. Both dresses were faulty, there was a lot of loose stitching and straps that weren't sewn on properly. I emailed dresssale.co.uk the same day as i received the dresses to tell them that the dresses were faulty. They emailed me back asking if i could send them photos of the faults and that they would make a decision of what they would do. I sent them photos and they replied saying that if i send the dresses back then i would havve to pay a re-stocking fee of £115 and that they would not be able to sell the dresses because they were custom made for my size. This was a bit contradictive, why would i need to pay a re-stocking fee if they can't re-sell the dresses! Their website does state that any custom made dresses are non-refundable but it doesn't state anything regarding if the dresses are faulty, they only thing it says is to contact them within 2 days of receiving the items. I told them that i was going to send the dresses so they told me not to send it to the address on the packaging that i received the dresses in, so i asked them for their address to send the dresses back to. They sent me several messages saying, it is not in my best interest to send the dresses back and that i could keep the dresses and they will give me a £30 refund. This was rediculous, the dresses were not fit for wear. To cut a long story short, i carried on emailing them asking for their return address which they never gave to me. they even emailed me saying that the dresses would not look as beautiful as they do on their website because the photos on their website are photo shopped. surely this is false advertising! they kept avoiding the fact that the dresses were faulty. I contacted paypal and completed a dispute form. Paypal were fantastic, they investigated the issues, and decided in my favour, they told me to send the dresses back and they provided me with the return address. I sent them proof of returning them (photo's of the receipt and parcel force despatch form) and they recovered my money for me, the full amount. Dresssale.co.uk acted very un-professional and its like they just wanted to argue with me, at the end of the day, they sent me fault items. on their website it states that they do a 25 point check on all items so i guess they forgot about checking my dresses. I spent £70 to send them back to China with parcelforce as the dresses had to be tracked, this money i will not get back so i have lost £70. This experience has really upset me as i was shopping for my wedding dress. I will always use paypal when shopping online, they were fantastic. Thank you paypal.

Be

Comments

• Ad
      26th of Feb, 2011

i ordered a a-line wedding dress from this website on 22.08.2010 and recieved it though DHL on 23.09.2010, weeks before the suggested postage date. the dress arrived well packaged and looks stunning. the material used is really good quality and is the same as the dress that you would look at in the bridal shops. i tried on many dresses in shops to find what style suited me, and then looked online for a company that were making the dresses for less. this website is basically cutting out the middle man - the bridal shops! by ordering directly from the manufactures. i paid £177.00 for the dress and £79.00 for DHL postage. which you can pay through paypal for a secure payment. Communication from the company throughout the whole purchase and process was constant and very helpful. the dress is stunning and needs a few alterations but hey who doesnt - due to my height! : ) 5'2. i would use this website again.

• Ok
      24th of Mar, 2011
    Dresssale.co.uk - Worse purchase I've ever made
    dresssale.co.uk

Worse purchase I've ever made. I ordered a dress for my daughter from this company in CHINA about two months ago. They called me and asked for her height because the dress is custom made. I should have know then that this was a bad idea. Red flag#1. They also told me that the dress would arrive at the end of March. I asked them if it was possible they send it earlier because I was leaving for my destination wedding at the end of March and I really did not want to cut it close. She said, "Don't you want us to take our time and do a good job?" Red flag #2! I did get the dress last week. The shipping cost $30 and the dress was $40. Well the dress is such poor quality. The stiching is loose in some places, the inside liner of the dress has little rust colored spots and it is 10X too big for my daughter. I don't have time to return it so it's at the tailor for repair. Oh that's only $45 to remake the entire dress. The length isn't even right!!! I will NEVER buy anything from his company again!

• Le
      18th of May, 2011
    Dresssale.co.uk - Biggest mistake I made ordering that
    dresssale.co.uk

Ordered an orange prom dress a month ago. Had a delivery today in a plastic bag, no paperwork and it was PINK. Not very well made. No phone number to ring! Just sent email and awaiting reply. Biggest mistake I made ordering that.

19th of May, 2011

I ordered a dress from DressSale in April was sent an email to say i would get it by the 16th of May! I still haven't had the dress have contacted then by email as there isn't a phone number and i've had no reply! What do i do???? please help anyone!!!

• De
      15th of Jun, 2011
    Dresssale.co.uk - I urge anyone considering buying from this site
    dresssale.co.uk

I ordered 3 bridesmaid dresses from this website. I can't complain about the delivery as they came on time and the quality was ok but the customer service is very very poor!! None of the dresses fit and I wasn't able to return them. I know this is stated in their policy but I ordered 2 size 14's and a size 10-12 person couldn't fit in it!!! Be very careful if you ever order from this site, once ordered theres no going back. I have since had to buy another set of dresses from a well know highstreet retailer and I'm now left with the hassle of trying to sell these dresses.

I will NEVER be buying ANYTHING from this website and I urge anyone considering to think otherwise!!!

• La
      30th of Jun, 2011
    Dresssale.co.uk - I ordered a light blue prom dress from this site, and i didn't even receive the dress
    dresssale.co.uk

I ordered a light blue prom dress from this site, and i didn't even receive the dress. They said we had to wait another month for the dress and it still didn't show up, so my mum asked for her money back, and she still hasn't got it. and know they just keep adding the time. and its now been 5 months since we ordered the dress! this website is a total rip-off !

• Ka
      29th of Aug, 2011
    Dresssale.co.uk - All I can say is I wish I would have found this site before I ordered my dress
    dresssale.co.uk

All I can say is I wish I would have found this site before I ordered my dress. It looked lovely on line but when it arrived it was a joke. It was huge! I had sent all my measurements as they requested and it did not fit! I have been e-mailing back and forth with them and so far they have offered 30.00 to try to satisfy me. Far cry from 175.00 originally paid. Am hoping PAYPAL will help with getting my money back. STAY AWAY from this company, it is a rip-off!

• Me
      16th of Jul, 2012

I ordered an a-line chiffon dress from dressale.com as well. It came well before the date that they indicated. It was also packaged very nicely, and when the dress arrived and I opened it, it was less than quality. It was absolutely horrible. The hem line at the bottom was uneven, the sequins was a strip which was hot glue gunned onto the dress, there was stiching across the breast area of the dress, which clearly wasn't supposed to be there, as it made it pull and looked horrible. I too attempted just a few nights ago to email them about a refund and wanting to return the dress. They told me to send pictures and they would get back to me in 48 hours with the results of my "Case". Sounds to me like they have MANY CASES where people are unhappy with their product. The dress I purchased cost me $130. After they returned my email, they told me to take the dress to a local tailor to have it fixed at my own expense, and they would give a big discount off my next purchase. As if I would ever purchase from this site again. This is horrible that they can do this and advertise custom made dresses, which look like a 5 year old pasted together. Lets just say that I will be continuing my quest to get my money back, but I would NOT recommend this site to anyone, and I would never purchase from them again. I was able to find a different dress through a local vendor, which is absolutely beautiful for my wedding day.

• Dr
      26th of May, 2013

Dear customer:
    We would like to apologize for the confusion and inconvenience you have experienced while shopping at Dressale.com. We are continuously working on improving our products and service, so we very much value your feedback.
    As for your issues, you can cantact us via our email customer_service@dressale.com, or the live chat http://livechat.dressale.com/chat.php, and our customer service team will help you there.
    Dressale