Dressbraw.com / They lie, and lie and lie to their customers

I ordered my prom dress from this website on 2/23. The wesite, as you may have already noticed states on one page that it will take 3-15 days to process and anywhere from 2-8 days to ship your order...anothr page states that it takes 22-28 days to tailor your dress. I did not order my dress to be tailored, yet I have been given the run around with a woman named Carolyn who states that the earliest that my dress can be done is on the 28th day after the order was placed, plus the 2-8 days for shipping. She acts as if it is just no big deal and "You can just use the dress for another ocassion if it is not there in time." First of all...for what??? It is my senior prom and now I have a couple of days to try and rush around and find something else. I have sent several emails to the company only to be made to feel like I am just being inpatient and should I guess wait until the day of the prom to find out I have paid alot of money on the ticket and dress, but wont be able to go :(

Please do not order here!!! They lie, and lie and lie to their customers. Please order from David's, as my friend did and had her dress within a few days.

Sm

Comments

• Pl
      31st of Mar, 2012

They are trying to scam us too. They sent us the wrong color dress and do not want to refund our money. They are saying that our computer is not showing the correct color on their swatches. WRONG!!! This company is a scam. BEWARE DO NOT ORDER FROM DRESSBRAW.COM!!!

7th of Apr, 2012

they are trying to scam me too - ordered dress for my daughter' s prom - it arrived with wrong measurements, broken zip and torn off sequins and they have so far offered a $15 refund as a good will gesture to replace the zip. don't order from them - i am trying to get refund via paypal - dress cost $206

• Th
      20th of Apr, 2012

I ordered my dress a few days ago and i told them that my prom was on the 5th of May and they emailed me back saying thanks for your concern and we will let you know when your dress is on its way, so i messaged them back to let them know that i have read the reviews and i learned that they lie about when they will send the dress and they give you the run around, if i had known this i would have never bought the dress for them in the first place, it has got down to less then 15 day till prom and i may not have a dress, Ive already payed for a prom ticket and i have no money for a back up dress and i shouldn't have to buy another dress when Ive spent a arm and a leg for the dress that i wanted to wear to prom, that's crazy ! They say its going to be 12-22 days making the dress and 2-8 shipping i don't have time for that ! i want my money back maybe ill find another dress in time for prom ! DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM DRESSBRAW.COM

• Lo
      22nd of Apr, 2012

I would like to make a positive remark about dressbraw.com because there are so many negative reviews. My friend ordered a dress off of dressbraw.com and told me about the site. The night I ordered it my friend told me to read the reviews. As I read through all the horrific reviews I started to freak out and panic. Then a week later my friend's dress had arrived and it was perfect. Then a week after that, my dress came in. I ordered my prom dress April 5th and received it on April 17th. It is the correct color, the correct size, and actually very well made. I'm sure that dressbraw.com isn't very reliable but I found my perfect dress and it was under $100. I'm not trying to promote dressbraw.com. But just in case a girl buys a dress from dressbraw.com and doesn't read the reviews until after she won't have freak out 100%. And if you are reading this review before you buy your dress, it is made and does come from China. So I wouldn't buy a very expensive dress.

• Ty
      30th of Apr, 2012

If you want an inexpensive dress I suggest going to New York Dress.com it came in a week and was beautiful! I bought my wedding dress from there after dressbraw.com gave me the run around, 2 months and my dress wasn't even done, I have yet to receive my refund and they are not responding to my emails anymore. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!

10th of May, 2012

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!
    My daughter bought/ordered her prom dress from DressBraw.com and had her prom this past weekend (5/5/12). Guess what??? NO DRESS!!! The dress never came in and we ordered it with plenty of time to spare for shipping. They are giving us the run-around on emails and will not return our money. We are still waiting on the shipment of this dress that never came. Good thing our local bridal store had a beautiful dress that fit my daughter perfect in their inventory for only $50. It's sad that my daughter's prom was a nightmare at the last minute finding a back-up dress and we already spent the money we had saved for this special occasion on a dress that never came!
    THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN!!!

• Li
      21st of Sep, 2012

I recently bought a dress from them and let me tell you, IT LOOKED NOTHING LIKE THE PHOTO. There were tears everywhere and there was even a PIN lodged into the dress, YES A PIN. I sent them multiple photos about all the problems and the best they could come up with was a $10 refund. What the hell would 1/20th of the cost do me?! They even claimed that the photos were not clear enough so I sent them another batch and still the same reply. Here's an example of an email they sent:
    "We just rechecked your pictures again, the dress is really very beautiful.And as what we told you before, the little sewing problems would get fixed easily, it won't effect the beauty of the dress.Please kindly understand it's really a very hard work to make such a dress in so nice price and short time, each dress is made for customer specially.So we are afraid 10 $ is the most discount we can offer, please kindly consider this again."
    I'm so close to blurting out vulgarities, PLEASE NEVER EVER BUY FROM THIS WEBSITE!!!

• Kr
      12th of Oct, 2012

I order a wedding dress in was beautiful on picture, but not what I got. I got dress with no price tag, with spots on the dress and inside the dress. First impression - how someone can send me a worn dress. I have to be the only one who will try on a wedding gown. I receive dress on August 20th and contact then day later. They decide not. To replay to me me at first. After second try they replied to me and said "dress is beautiful". If dress would be beautiful I would not fight for my refund. Every single time there is other person who replying to me and keeping my case in in loop. I will keep pressing on my customer rights! Terrible people and company who do not want to admit there mistakes and take any responsibility. Please no one use them!!! Better pay more, but get better quality dress and customer service!

• Ge
      1st of Sep, 2016
    Dressbraw.com - Material was wrong and it didn't lay as pictured
    Dressbraw.com
    dressbraw.com

I ordered 2 dresses and 1 headband for my wedding on 6-3-12. I placed the order on 5-2-12 with rushed delivery after careful review of the tailor dates needed and mail time. I received the first dress on 6-1-12 with creases that could not fall out in time or be pressed in time for a Sunday wedding. That dress was not at all the style as pictured on the site. The material was wrong and it didn't lay as pictured. I did not receive the headband. 10 days before that I had told the company to not make the second dress which they said wasn't even started. I shipped the 1st dress back which cost me $100 and have not received any refund yet from Dressbraw for any of it. I have reported they to Discover card and the FTC. Do not buy from this company!