Dressbarn / Dressbarn/World Financial Network National Bank Practices

1 Columbus, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-695-9872

I have been having fraudulent activity on my bank accounts...yes plural. I made a pmt. on my Dressbarn account and realized shortly after (less than 24 hours) that I had entered the account # for the same bank but on the checks that should have been tossed. However, I made a duplicate pmt hoping it would suffice...wrong. Anyway, the company stopped accepting the 2nd pmt. and billed me for the nsf which is understood. They went on to disallow online pmts for approximately 2-3 months and then reinstated my online pmts. Needless to say, without notice they closed out my account I am still paying on without any indication as to why until recently one somewhat intelligent Dressbarn employee stated "You attempted to make a payment (fraudulent) on a closed account." Again, I tried to right a wrong as soon as I noticed the error. This pathetic company did not try to contact me...they just inadvertently closed the account.

Comments

• Si
      16th of Feb, 2009

I also had problems with dress barn, my payment was 15 days past due and the put on my credit report that my payment was 30 days past due, and they also closed my account with out any warning, and they also tried to take money out of my checking account without my permission.

• Ce
      11th of Dec, 2009

I am trying to get the $20.00 late fee waived. No response/option from the phone mail hell I just came from. No real people to talk to.

I am in Canada with an account in a store in Niagara Falls NY. I have no complaints about the store or it's employees. I however have a problem with these $20.00 late fees. If I mail my payment it is late and I get dinged. When I have made payments in advance they credit it to the wrong month, and I still get penalized. I cannot wait until this account is paid up and this business ends.

The last time I called to say that my payment was going to be 24 hrs late as I have to cross an International Bridge and it [the payment ] was due on a holiday weekend. I was told I had 48 hrs grace period from the statement date. So, I paid it within 24 hours and got a $20.00 late fee. What a racket! Also, I receive the statements only 1 or 2 days before they are due.

World Financial Network - Unfair & Unkind.

Disgruntled Canadian

• Bo
      16th of Sep, 2010

SOMETHING SIMILAR HAPPEND TO ME TOO. EVERYONE, AVOID Dress Barn credit card!!

• Bo
      16th of Sep, 2010

something similar happend to me too. this company's credit card is terrible!