Dreamworks Vacation Club / Fraudulent offer

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

Along with their affiliate, Mexico Paradise Getaways, Dreamworks convinced my wife and I that we could rent a vacation condo, cruise, air travel, car rental, etc. all at greatly reduced (80% they said) prices. It took a while for us to see it was a scam as we were led along thinking we would be able to use the "free" Mexican vacation and "free" car rental, and "free" airline tickets they "gave" us. None of what they told us was true. I wish we had taken the time to search sites on the web like this one BEFORE going to the presentation. It has already cost us over $5000 dollars and we have not (and probably will not) get anything in return. Including any of it back. We will be following the suggestions as to filing a small claim, and contacting the Attorney's General in N.J. and Maryland. Because we were in contact with an agent in Mexico I am also thinking Federal Attorney General. Any other defrauded people interested in what I find out send me an e-mail.

Comments

• Ho
      14th of Jun, 2008
    Dreamworks Vacation Club - Scam..don't deliver what promised
    Dreamworks Vacation Club
    Westampton
    New Jersey
    Phone: 609-261-3860
    dreamworksvacationclub.com

Promised 2 airline tickets for joining. They never delivered. Was told that no flights were available when an Orbits search showed 447 flights available on the day requested. Dreamworks will not stand behind promise of flights and they will not refund monies paid.

• Ra
      14th of Jun, 2008

As I'm sure you know the airfare comes from a marketing company, it is not provided by Dreamworks, they do not manufacture the gifts nor do they process the requests. The gifts are purchased from an OUTSIDE VENDOR which is EXACTLY what is stated in a gift acknowledgment which you READ AND SIGN before receiving the gift just to make sure it is understood that Dreamworks does not book the airfare, it is from a third party. Here is a MUCH NEEDED example - over the years marketing companies have been offering different gifts such as TV's, digital cameras, gift certificates, weekend getaways. Now if you were to come in at a different time, spoke to the same marketing company and receive a VISA gift certificate, went and bought yourself a toaster, brought it home and it broke - why would you call a Vacation Club to fix it for you or bash the business ? Sounds rediculous ?

I hope so ...

• Ni
      13th of Jul, 2008

Purchased club with promise of 3 trips (airfare, hotel, condo stay, cruise); followed all the rules-third party wanted copy of credit card, signed W-9 with Social and copy of driver's license; when i complained to dreamworks i was told they would honor the trips, tried to book them and was told it would be additional $5000; disputed with credit card company, but they decided with dreamworks. Have contacted lawyer for class action suit, anyone interested??

• Ni
      15th of Jul, 2008
    Dreamworks Vacation Club - Fraud and scam
    Dreamworks Vacation Club
    Westampton
    New Jersey

Addendum to prior complaint--dreamworks recharged my credit card 5 months after my original charge and dispute!! My credit card company is now going after them for fraud!! They must have made a copy of my card--watch your credit card statements!

• Ti
      24th of Jul, 2008

I Bought my Vacation Package from Dreamworks Vacation club about 2 years ago and this has never happened to me. Maybe it was a mistake. Ihave never had any problems with Dreamworks

• Li
      30th of Jul, 2008

Yes I am interested in the class action suit. I also think that we should contact the local news. I plan on doing that now.

• Nj
      4th of Aug, 2008

you must work for them.

20th of Aug, 2008

they gave me two tickets and i loved the trip. nothing bogus at all.

• Ke
      4th of Sep, 2008

Evreryone please read: the only legitimate posts here are the complaints!!! every single comment regarding dreamworks shoddy, 2-cent operation is accurate, truthful and representative of their employees hard sell of lies & credit card rip-offs. even within their promotion after turning them down, you have to decipher a flight manual to comply.

People who leave compliments about a company on what they're "expected" to deliver do not visit a complaint web site titled consumer complaints and post compliments. their employess do!!! they post a couple of fake compliments to dispute and invalidate the 100% scam that this co. is all about.

Tehy don't disclose the name prior to your visit because they know you'll do just this! investigate.

Go back and read some of their employees fake compliments on this site! how ridiculous they all sound!! if you were pleased with a product or service, would you come to this site and write a compliment? be honest!!! of course not!

Any rebutal or kind words could only be coming from their own employees.

Contnue to use travelocity and orbitz and save yourself the headache and debit of $ 8, 000 from your checking account and $169 yearly fee!!!

• De
      26th of Jan, 2009

I agree that this is a sham operation - I made motel & car reservations just prior to signing on with them. I then called and gave them my itinerary & they called back with prices that were in most cases higher, but never lower than I had booked for. Completely worthless!

• Ro
      23rd of Mar, 2011

if you ever get a hold of some one post it here, i too have been scammed out of $400.00 and would like it back!!! i have contacted the BBB to have them help, but i want to jion the class action law suit!!!

• Cc