dreamworks vacation / CON ARTISTS

122 A Burrs RoadBelle Mead, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 609-261-3860
Dreamworks Vacation is a TOTAL SCAM. They offer two free airline tickets to listen to a 90-minute presentation about their vacation club membership.

They are great con artists. The deal is enticing (but the actual product is NO GOOD!). They take a lot of your money and give you NOTHING in return. Certainly, do not expect ANY customer service.

I did not get my free tickets (which are issued from a separate company called VIP Travel Reservations Inc in Florida. They are involved in the scam!) and Better Business Bureau does not scare either of these con artists. Dreamworks Vacations just pick up and move locations, and only a month or so after my presentation, they phone number was disconnected. Their website provides NO contact information.

DO NOT BUY THIS FAKE VACATION CLUB MEMBERSHIP!
Lo

Comments

Ni
  22nd of Aug, 2009
Not sure about Dream works, as I got my certificate for airline tickets from Great Escapes Vacation Club... but of course the travel presentation is a scam they are trying to sell you something! But I can tell you VIP Travel did fulfill our 2 airline tickets with no problems, with in 3 months of having the certificate... I was very happy with VIP!
Ja
  3rd of Nov, 2009
I did, I did!!! I think we went through the same company too, mine was Dream something, I don't remember, but I didn't buy into it... I did however get my air travel and car rental from VIP Travel. I was very excited that VIP was able to come through for us, a little suprised too, but really excited. ;)
Ki
  26th of Apr, 2010
Loran, we did receive the activation form for the 2 airline tickets in Aug of 2008, however it was not sent in per #1 of your terms and conditions and was sent back to you shortly there after. We received your letter stating you were going to the Better Business Bureau 9/10/08 as well as the Better Business Bureau complaint 9/29/08. Unfortunately while we are not a part of Dream works nor can I vouch for them in any way, our certificate does specifically state if the terms and conditions are not followed the certificate will become null and void. Again the term that was not followed was the first sentence of #1, the first line on the page. Again, I'm sorry you feel the way you do, however, VIP Travel should not be grouped with Dreamworks or them with us.
Cl
  29th of Apr, 2010
I didn't go through dream works but I have or had three certificates with VIP Travel: air tickets, car rental, and 2 night motel. I feel I've gotten more than my time and monies worth so I'd go ahead and put something credible about these people. So far they coordinated our car and the motel stay for the same time this spring, getting us 3 more nights in the motel at a reasonable rate and upgrading our car to a standard size cheaper than I could have myself. My air I didn't request till August and wont hear for a bit yet, but feel they have already done a lot for me.

I must also mention that I see where VIP has posted a rebuttal above and it was actually the original post's fault for not following the terms and conditions... let's see if loran responds, what do you think folks?
Sa
  22nd of Dec, 2010
I don't have the airline tickets, I have 2, well had, what they call enjoy certificates. They were both good for a 2 night hotel stay. I got to use both of them in the past few months, 1 in Las Vegas and actually got a third night free, and the other I used a week or so ago in Gatlinburg to see the season change, it was so pretty. All I had to pay were my hotel taxes at the property. The first one I got my $50 deposit back about 9 weeks after we traveled and I just sent in my receipt from the hotel on the second one. If I get the chance to use VIP again I will.
Ty
  20th of Jan, 2011
I gotta say I disagree Loran, and while your say the BBB doesn't scare them, but the funny part to me is you are with the others I see on the BBB that are whining cause YOU didn't follow the rules. Why blame VIP for YOUR own ignorance?? They did right by me for a cruise so, I don't know, maybe hang out with your kids in elementary school and brush up on your reading abilities??
Ck
  27th of Jan, 2011
I don't feel they are con artists and I did get everything as promised so far! I had 2 certificates 1 for air line tickets and the other for a 7 day cruise. I opted to use them separately. My tickets are booked for the end of March to Indianapolis and cost me all taxes and fees right at 1/3 of what I'm used to. My cruise I requested for September out of my local port, Port Canaveral. I'm a local and got my certificate from PDI and so far most everything has seemed very reasonable and has worked good.
Lu
  25th of Feb, 2011
I can say nothing on behalf of a membership, but I will say VIP is not a scam! I got 2 certificates one for a 7 night cruise and 1 for airfare that could be used together. The first time I screwed it up and I didn't sent them in certified mail and tried my hardest, begged, pleaded, threatened, everything and they wouldn't take it, it was void. I went back to the people I got it from they gave me new ones, I sent them in and the first date was not available but the second was. They booked my air to Ft. Lauderdale, the booked my cruise to Nassau, St Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk, and they booked me an extra night in Ft. Lauderdale before my cruise at a good rate. So, it isn't a scam they will book you but I can vouch for it when you say yes, YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS!