Dreams / poor quality mattress and rude manager
I took delivery of this mattress in February and was initially very happy with the mattress. However, very soon, we started to note problems with the mattress. We woke with aches and pains and found it uncomfortable to sleep on the mattress.
I called head office and explained I was unhappy and asked for a comfort exchange.
I was advised to go to the store and find an alternative mattress.
At the store we discussed the situation and explained how the bed seemed to be denting in parts and were not sure if it was a fault in the bed. They advised us to contact you.
I called the head office to discuss this and found my previous notes had not been saved and was told nothing could be done. I was quite frustrated and asked to speak to a manager and was then told my notes would be updated, but even after insiting they will not put me through to a manager.
I asked for an inspection of my mattress immediately as we were both suffering from sleepless nights and severe aches and pains in neck and back areas.
The first appointment available was for a months time on 13th April. On that day the man from home serve came to inspect the mattress and sent his report and blamed on our Bed and that nothing can be done and the mattress is not faulty. I disagree with taht and wanted to take this matter further.
I have several issues as I will explain below:
1) the man from home serve said the base was not suitable for this mattress. However we told the sales advisor the type of base we have and were assured that this mattress is suitable for our base.
2) Even if the slatted base is not suitable, is it still satisfactory that the mattress became indented within a matter of weeks ? If this had occurred several months down the line it might make a bit more sense. But I logged the complain in March, in a month on having the mattress. How come a mattress costing over a £1, 000 will begin to sink and leave bumps within weeks. We have a foam and spring mattress in other bedroom and they both have no indentation or bump of any kind even after 4 years.
3) Since last week I have been emailing [protected]@dreams.co.uk with pictures showing 3 cm dent but they have decided to ignore my emails.
4) the report said the mattress has dipped in the middle, but what about the sides ? The mattress has indentations in several places on sides. We now have placed the mattress on floor for a week and there is no improvement.
5) my wife never had bad pain or neck pain and is now suffering. I have had back pain and was advised to buy this mattress. Initially it was great, but now I can not even sleep on it and have reverted to sleeping on the sofa.
I have been to the branch we bought it from (New Malden and one in Loudwater opposite dreams head office ) and tried the same mattress and it feels firmer and leaves no bump.
I called Dreams customer service today and were put on hold by customer service agent for about 15 minutes who did not even tried to understand this issue, I then asked to be conneted to a manager and spoke to a rude man called John who claimed himself as team manager of customer services who again did not hav access to my previous emails and pictures sent and was not interested in resolving the matter and rather suggested me to contact third party at additional expense. Even after explaining him what was wrong he did not even attempt to understand the issue and keep on repeating the home serve report and did not. I aksed him to provide me complaint procedure and he asked if it will be about him and gave me his department's email address!! i did mention " so i complain to you about you" !
More Dreams Complaints & Reviews
- Dreams - this company should not trade! 
- Dreams - worst customer experience ever! 
- Dreams - shocking service 
- Dreams - not giving refund 
- Dreams - failure to deliver paid for goods 
- Dreams - bed frame and customer service.
- Dreams - broken bed 
- Dreams - customer service
- Dreams - delivery and no communication, customer service not available and form support is not helpful 
- Dreams - zen mattress purchased with 10 years guarantee