Dreamprom.com / Nightmare prom dress

My daughter came to me with a dress from a website that she absolutely loved and wanted for prom. Wanting to please, her I placed the order online per the instructions on the website for custom tailoring and paid the expedited shipping I was instructed to pay (had to pay more later). This dress arrived and my daughter was so disappointed and devastated by the product that was delivered. Not only was this dress of poor quality and poorly sewn, it did not fit!!! I have had a horrible experience with this company from start to finish. I have been haggling for three weeks with them. The dress arrived two days before planned after paying 29.99 and then an additional 20.00 for expedited shipping. The dress was 119.95 plus I paid the extra $25.00 for custom tailoring because my daughter is large busted and regular size does not fit her bust area. The dress arrived in a tiny envelope all folded up and wrinkled. Guess what? It fit her in the bust but it was almost two feet too long. I sent her height (head to toe) as instructed in their website at 64-1/2 inches. The dress from the top of the shoulder strap to the bottom is 77 inches long! And they tell me they made it according to the measurements I sent. I sent them pictures and a video of the dress with a measuring tape attached so they could see and asked for a refund within the 7 days of receiving (per their website) and they have done nothing but make excuses - have it altered locally, take my daughter to be measured professionally(which was done initially), if I send it back, it will cost me $150 to ship it so they will make me another dress for $150. These people are nothing but excuses. They told me they would share the cost of alterations but when I told them it would cost a minimum of $150 to fix the dress and I would send them a written quote, they said that was way too much. Then they had the gall after I kept insisting for them to send me the merchandise return form that I have to have according to their website, they just shoot off another email with another excuse and wont' send the form, then ultimately, offer me $20 refund. When I rejected that offer, they've now increased it to $30. They even told me to try to sell the dress locally. Do you know any female who is at least 6-1/2 feet tall that could wear this dress and fit into the bust that was made to order? I don't. I will keep hounding them through email (only way to communicate) until they do something. I'm going to send the dress back to the address on original packaging because I don't want it. It's a very poor quality dress and improperly sewn as well. I told them if they would take it back, they could see it for themselves but they don't want to do that. BUYER BEWARE!!! They end every email with "kindly understand" and "anything we can do for you, let us know"...what BS! I ended up having to purchase another prom dress for my daughter so in addition to the $199.99 I'm owed by this rip-off company, I'm out another $135 for a dress that was not her first choice.

Do
Mar 29, 2014

Comments

• Ly
      5th of May, 2014

we also ordered a prom dress. Dress came, very low quality and breast was too small. Company had us send a picture which they didn't seem to have a problem with everything hanging out and said it fit fine. They won't take it back. So we are out 150.00 for a dress my daughter can't wear. The dress is different material than the picture as well. Cheaply made. Don't buy from this business.