Dreamprom.com / Failed to Deliver

1 FL, United States Review updated:

This is a complete scam. Do not buy anything from them. Ordered a wedding dress that did not arrive in time for the wedding. Paid extra for rush service. Customer service was terrible and I don't think the person reading the emails speaks english very well. I wish I had done better research.

Ba
Apr 4, 2013
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Sh
      24th of Apr, 2013

The following is a letter I wrote to a place I ordered a prom dress for my daughter online. Upon further investigation. I found at www.sitejabber.com that many people have been having similar issues with them. Could you please warn your viewership as this is prom/wedding season? These people hire bloggers to post false positive reviews all over the internet so people will buy from them, then they rip you off. They also rig the comments on their own site in their favor to dupe people.

Dear DreamProm,

When all of the other mothers said "Don't order from China, they will steal from you" I took a chance and ordered from you anyway. My sent items in my e-mail are full of 100's of e-mails that I had to send to make sure you applied my Western Union payment so the order status could go from "pending" to "processing." Then I was worried the dress needed a petticoat, your representative said it did, so again I paid 29.99 at Western Union and again it took many e-mails to get that payment applied so the order could go into a "processing" status. After that there were many e-mails exchanged because I wanted to be sure the petticoat would fit as clearly as seen in the photos it does not fit at all. I was told in all of those e-mails not to worry.

Initially I worried we would not get the dress in time, so I paid 9.99 for expedited shipping. I wanted the dress to be a good fit so I paid 29.99 for "custom tailoring." I kept checking the order status and communicating with you so I could be sure I would get the dress in time. Over and over I was told that the dress would be here by the specified date. It did not show up until 2 days after the date I paid 9.99 extra to receive it.

When I opened the little package it came in, I cried. It was supposed to be pearl pink, but it was so dirty, it was gray. It was so wrinkled and the straps which were supposed to go behind the neck and fasten in a halter style had no closures on it. The beading was hanging and clearly not sewn correctly. The seams up by the band under the breasts were very crooked and pressed incorrectly. I immediately took the dress to the dry cleaner/tailor because this is prom and wedding season here in the USA and I knew the cleaners and tailor was very busy so I was afraid if I did not put the dress in right away we would not receive the dress in time for our event.