D.R.D. Awards Payment Data Release / NOTICE OF AWARD

The letter starts off" There is much excitement in Our Offices for YOU, YOUR IDENTIFICATION for the Award Payment Data Release has been FINALIZED and APPROVED!" It comes complete with an IDENTIFICATION # and the signature for a Robert Richards / Prize Announcer.
re***$1, 400, 000.00 Dollars Cash and Prizes. Just enclose $19.99 for the Award Payment Data Release fee, "this is the only fee." IT IS A SCAM!!!

N  9th of Jan, 2009 by

D.R.D. Awards Payment Data Release - Award Payment Notification

Same kind of letter received by so many others. Notice of $1, 400, 000 award that never came, SCAM!!!
N  19th of Apr, 2009 by

D.R.D. Awards Payment Data Release - SCAM
Marilyn Wallace

Received a letter beginning with (There is much excitement in Our Offices for YOU, YOUR IDENTIFICATION for the Award Payment Data Release has been FINALIZED and APPROVED!) This letter comes complete with an identification number and the signature of Robert Richards/Prize Announcer for the amount of $1, 4000, 000.00. I only need to complete the form within the next 10 days and send a one time processing fee of just $19.99 by check, cash or money order to the address of: Issuances Office, Proceedings Director, P.O. Box 9000, East Meadow, NY 11554-9000. I am bringing this letter to my local Post Master as well as to the Police Chief.
A  19th of May, 2009 by
I got the same lettr, and I wish I saw this yeterday, I would have never sent it, Anyway, I knew in the back of my mind that this was probably to good to be true. I even sent it priotity mail so that they would have to pick it up at their post office today 05/19/09. My post office sd they should have it by 10 am this am.
How can we finds out under who's name is this Company (or companies) is registered under? They have a P.O. Box, therefore they have to provide information is they are a Business or not, and the Nma eof the company, and those registed to pick up mail. So Who is the registered Owner/President/cfo/trustee/etc... of this company

Do they have a Liscense to conduct Business ANYWERE? If they do they must have had to pas some type of Compliance exam either for Lottery or Priza Annoucement registrant, etc... Their disclaimer states they they are a redearch Company.

Last but not least this would Broaden the search area as to Who this Robert person is (If he exists) possibly also need to find out the Country this P.O. Box or Company is registered in, and go to the Country Public Websites for the Courts and see if their any local complaints or entries with the Names to the Officers of this company, and through that, in numbers of people who have fallen for this scam, can flok the courts with Demands for answers of this company to were the Local Level Branches of the Gov't or Law can conduct an audit of Ethics and Means of Measure about this company. It does not take a lot.

I am not an attourney, I am also a "Vistim" of this scam if that is what you want to cal it. For the price of $19.99, well... you have to understand if it is too good to be true, it normally is. Be greatfull that is all you got taken for as I did for 19.99. As for the rest of this, post your answer on any of these findings so others can respond to this also with their complains
A  15th of Jul, 2009 by
I got the same letter! I was like WTF i didn't sign up for any sweepstakes. Thanks for the heads up.
N  21st of Aug, 2009 by
yes thank you for the heads up I dont have ten dallors little owne 20 dallors so thank you my son was driven me crasey till i found this sight .
A  18th of Oct, 2009 by
I just recieved the same letter awarding me for $1, 400, 000.00 and then wanted me to send $19.99 for a release fee. If it's not a scam then they should bill me after they send me the check and if its good and doesn't bounce then I would pay them the fee. After with $1, 400, 00.00 comiong to me, they would know that I'm good for it. hahahha I can't believe the length thses people go thru just to get $20.00 from someone. They even send a certicate with a record number.
A  24th of May, 2010 by
thank U for the info I recieved this same letter I called the BBB & got online & filed a complaint with them to investigate D.R.D. awards. Again thanks
N  14th of Dec, 2010 by
I reveived the letter in DEC who wouldn"t want Christmas $...thank God I read theis complaint page. I was tempted!
A  18th of Apr, 2011 by
I just got the same letter and thought I would check things out! Figured it was a scam but had to be sure! Thanks
N  17th of May, 2011 by
I recieved this letter as well and read it carefully on the back of one of those pages it tells you you havn't won anything read it carefully it is a scam just recieved it today 5/16/11 I am going to send it back with a bible verse maybe that will change their ways.
A  17th of May, 2011 by
its a big scam
A  14th of Jun, 2011 by
I just recevied the same letter I would love to know how many $20.00 they collected with this scam, I wish there was a way to shut these types of site down, it tuff enough out here with this type of mess it only makes it worst. Thank God for this site it really help me out.
N  14th of Aug, 2011 by
Dam same here I just got the exact word for word notice and spike to my lawyer and he said I may have a case considering, the false advertisement and fraud...hopefully I do and if I win I would deffinetly share the wealth