Dr. Wallace / Plastic Surgeon

1 17110 Dallas Parkway Suite 100 Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 972-380-7090

The words and views expressed here are my personal and subjective opinion of Dr. Charles Wallace.

I have had two bad experiences with Dr. Wallace regarding Botox. The first time he hit too closely above my eyebrows and it dropped them down to where I had a scowl. I went back in and at my insistence, he injected under the brow to help raise them back up. At this time, I really did not care for him at all and I thought that he was not a very good "artist" and was not very skilled. After two years, I tried him again because he had at least fixed the problem last time where it looked good in the end. I told him verbally and pointed exactly where I wanted the injections. He did not place them where I asked. He even injected the sides of my nose unrequested. After the injections he mashed down very hard on my nose and it hurt! I exclaimed, "ow you are hurting me!" He said "why?" And I said "it has been sensitive since my surgery" He said "oh you have had surgery on your nose?" I indicated that on the patient information sheet that I filled out not 10 minutes earlier. Clearly he did not read it. My nose swelled up and was black and blue, and even oozed blue for several days afterwards. His technique for Botox is extremely painful and redundant. I have had Botox for 8 years and it has never hurt like he does it. He "threads" the needle under the skin which is not necessary for my issues, and this is the problem, he does not have a good eye to customize for each person. I had scabs and bruises at all of the injection sites, so I could CLEARLY see where I had been injected. He hit too close to the outer brow AGAIN and gave me a scowl. Since he had fixed it last time, I went for him to fix it once more, but knew at this point that I would never go to him again after that. When he came into the room, he acted more like and irate boyfriend than a professional doctor. He denied even having injected above my brow, and I said "well, I usually don't develop random needlepoint scabs on my face." He told me that he never wanted to see me again! And that he just couldn't give me the result I want (keep in mind, I have achieved this result with another doctor in Austin for 8 years now.) At first he wasn't going to fix it, but I insisted (and remained calm to persuade him to do so) and he finally agreed. I insisted because I had a photo shoot the next week. He left the room and yelled to the nurse "she is through, don't ever let her make an appointment again!" When he came back, he apologized and said "sorry about that, I just get frustrated when I feel like I can't fix what someone wants me to fix", then he started asking me about the photo shoot. He concluded by telling me to let him know how it turned out and "see you next time!" A side note, at a point during this he reviewed his chart and snorted "huh, it does look like it happened last time just as you are describing." Um, yes Doctor, sometimes your patients are smart people too!

I was referred to him by a friend who gets her Botox there, but she has had three plastic surgeries since going to him and for all three elected another doctor. I think that says something, if established patients don't even trust him to work on them. Coincidentally, I shared this story with my hairdresser, and (small world), when I said Dr. Wallace, she said "you mean Charles Wallace? That's the quack who screwed up my nose!"

He is not a very good listener in my opinion, and does not have a very good eye for beauty. I think he tried to be nice because he found out that I was a model and that is why there was the abrupt change in his behavior. I would advise people against having surgery with this man. I feel so strongly about it that you could not even pay me to allow the man to operate on me.

Comments

Ti
  1st of Nov, 2008

Am
  26th of Feb, 2009

YES I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND HIM! I had breast aug there in 1999 and i wasn't knowledgable enough to know he did not do a good job. My friend used him last year and he had to go in FOUR TIMES to get hers right! Thats FIVE surgerys for breast aug...it's like he doesn't go deep enough in the pocket and makes them look funny.

Br
  9th of Sep, 2009

I have to agree with the other posters; I would NOT recommend (Dr.)? Charles Wallace for any surgeries. In 2001 I had a breast reduction procedure by him and which let me with horrible scars and permanent nerve damage. I had the breast reduction to reduce shoulder and back pain, but now I have continual back and breast pain thanks to Charles Wallace. In my opinion, his license to practice medicine should be revoked.

Ja
  5th of Mar, 2010

This mesage is for Twitter. shut the ### up. People have the right to do whatever they want as long as they can afford it. not everyone that get botox or any kind of facial procedures have low self-esteem.

Th
  16th of Apr, 2010

Your story is not as horrific as the story written about "Dr. Richard Weiss" here on Complaints Board.
I hope all the damage this doctor put onto your face can be fixed.

Ma
  29th of Oct, 2011

I would not recomment dr wallace he did a tummy tuck and had to go in twice and my whole abdominal looks deformed because he did not tighten the top mustles only the bottom! I dont know why he is still in practice! My surgery was in 2009

Ba
  2nd of Oct, 2014

I was referred to him by a friend to discuss a tummy tuck and the removal of excess skin due to weight loss. he did the removal of the excess skin but not the tummy tuck. He said he did and after always asking the same question about why my stomach was swollen and why my belly button wasn't.moved. I had a bad feeling about him and i knew in my heart that he didn't do it so i asked for my records and went to another doctor and she confirmed that he did not do it. I paid him my out of pocket portion as well as did my insurance company. I WOULD NOT OR EILL I EVER RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE.