Dr. Stephane Corriveau, MD / Dr. Stephane Corriveau, MD

United States, Maryland, Chevy Chase Review updated:
Classic Confidence
Chevy Chase
About 1999, I did research and found a surgeon that could do a breast reduction with my insurance. He seemed okay from what I could find on him at the time - so I made an appointment. The staff is friendly enough to make up for Dr Corriveau's impersonal manner - however there were some billing issues (that are best left for another time) but I ended up paying out of pocket. That was okay if the surgery had been good.
Doctor Corriveau as a surgeon is incompetent at best and indifferent to the point of apathy at worst. My chest was extremely lopsided - left side was fine, but the right side pointed down and to the center, puckered and bulged on the outside of my breast. I also have extreme pain in cold weather and have to dress accordingly. He said it would go away with time. I still have to wear a bra so I can "adjust" to look somewhat normal. He never really wanted to do anything about it. He was not interested in fixing the problem.
My mother and another friend had breast reduction - they looked great and didn't have my issues at all.

This doctor not only disfigured me, but caused nerve damage that I cannot afford to have fixed. His indifference to any issues that he causes is startling and I could not think of recommending this doctor to anyone.

A  8th of Aug, 2009 by
I do want to clarify that when my mother and friend had the surgery, it was from OTHER doctors... I know of no one that has had a good one from Dr. Corriveau.
D  17th of May, 2012 by
I want to disagree with the above review. I had two major procedures performed by Dr. Corriveau and had wonderful results. I referred my daughter to him for her breast reduction and it turned out beautifully. She experienced a completely uneventful and quick recovery. I would also like to add that we found Dr. Corriveau to be very personable and attentive. He was very upfront about the potential for adverse events/reactions that are inherent to surgeries in general and to our surgeries in particular. You could not find a better plastic surgeon in the Washington DC area. Mary M.