Dr. Rosenberg & state of Rhode Island / Medical care

1 North Main St.Providence, RI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 401-463-6300

Dr. R is very negligent about the care of patients. Cannot talk to him or ask questions. One is told, "you are wasting my time". I haven't felt well for several months, but he says to find another dr. if I don't like how he is. This is related to my other complaint. He is one of a very few who still prescribes oxycontin in higher doses. I am 59yrs. old; a level 1 on disability [social security]. Over 15 yrs. I have been treated for an accident: surgeries, therapies, etc. I have been titrated up with this medicine. It is the only one that ever worked for me. The quality of life it gave back to me was near perfect. Dr. R has taken it upon himself, without any of my history, to titrate me down, with the end result being to remove me off the OC. It took many years & specialists to get my meds. just right & now, it seems, all drs. want to take them away from me. Why? I am a consenting adult who should have the right to decide for myself what I should take. I feel, first, that Dr. R is extremely negligent & I also have heard other patients horror stories about him.; & I feel that the medial care in RI is not under any control or managed properly because many people have been treated, successfully with OC., & now the state seems hell bent on taking all these people off the drug even though there is not another one to take it's place. Is there a place I can turn to for help in obtainning a Dr. who cares individually about his patients & doesn't group them together per drug category?

An

Comments

• Je
      27th of Aug, 2008

I am appalled by this complaint. Since I only have one patient named Ann whom is 59 years old and on Oxycontin, I have a pretty good idea who wrote this complaint.

First, let me say that in 30 years of medical practice, I have never said to a patient “you are wasting my time”. I would never say such a thing. Secondly, I would not see a patient without a complete medical history.

More importantly, this patient came to me on 16-80mg tablets of Oxycontin a day. That is 1280mg a day, which is 20 times the recommended amount. I could not in good conscious or within medical safety guidelines renew this dose. That would in fact be negligent.

The reason she came to me in the first place is that no one else would even see her. I reduced her all the way down to 8-80mg Oxycontin pills a day, which is still 10 times what I have ever prescribed to any other patient. If there are so many “horror stories” about me, why have I never had a malpractice claim filed in over 30 years of practice?

I hope that anyone reading this can see what is motivating this patient. My refusal to blindly prescribe obscene amounts of the number one abused narcotic in our country to a patient because they asked for it.

Sincerely,

Jerrold Rosenberg, MD

• Ka
      15th of Sep, 2008

Doc, have you ever heard of patient confidentiality? Apparently not because you just broke it by publically posting specific private medical info with the patient's first name. Lawsuit anyone?

30th of Oct, 2008

I am to see the doctor soon, and have heard great things about him. I was in an accident, and now find it hard to care for my family, also cant sit or stand for long periods of time. Although it may have been wrong to out her info, i feel he was defending himself. A lot of people just want drugs and dont try to ween off of them to feel better without them. I feel drugs help alot, but u dont want a lifetime of them. They are not good for you, and in mass doses is rediculous. Im sure everyone would feel great drugged up everyday, but you will need more and more. This complaint is NOT going to affect me seeing this doctor. I feel better knowing that he would rather see you progress, then get futher in a hole.

• Wj
      29th of Jun, 2009

maybe she needs them maybe she don't but 1280 mg a day seems like way too much OC how many vacations does she take a year selling those pills ??? it is his choice to treat her with a dose he is comfortable prescribing if she does not like it then she neeeds to find another doctor not make a baseless complaint and i do not blame him I have been seeing him for just over 1 year and have had no problems with him as a physician or his prescribing of my pain medicine like most every other doctor he is a bit rushed at times and other times he is right there taking the time needed and listening to what works and what does not work, office staff is also great and willing to work with you.

WJM

• Xf
      19th of Mar, 2012

Well I have seen Dr Rosenberg for my first time today. I was getting the run around from a hospital that performed a botched routine procedure

• Gr
      9th of Jan, 2016

Not for nothing, that sounds like a lot of any kind of medication and in my experience with the man, he seems knowledgeable and laid back and tells you exactly how it is, that's a quality in a doctor if you ask me, I don't want sugar coated opinions and he's listened to me and has been pretty humble about helping me find relief for example, tried fentnyl, failed it, made me itch at the site and I explained I feared for my child in case I scratched at it maybe fall of and god forbid, split second response from him, understood and respected my concerns no questions asked, tried morphine... It didn't work well, let him know, on to the next no questions asked no bs very matter of factly, went out of his way wrote a letter to get me some meds my insurance wouldn't cover ect... It may not mean nothing cause you do not know me but, if you did, you would probably judge me negatively but, treats me like he treats the next person, like a regular human! Sounds to me like someone is butt hurt for some reason or another... Keep in mind his profession and the people he deals with, on top of the new laws and requirements he is bound by, and made a great point... He's been doing this for a long time and still has his practice, and I've researched him, even before I made my appointment and couldn't find a reason not to give him a shot... He's been fair by me, and I would recommend him.