Dr. Rene Piedra / Bad operation

4649 Ponce De Leon Blvd.Miami, FL, United States Review updated:
4.35
Phone: 305 661 1812

They rush you to sing with credit care, even if you have insurece, so they get pay ahead and if any thing goes wrong they won't pay you back. They don't show you a break down of you treatment and if you request one, you'll find charges like "materials" $3, 000. If you ask what are these materials they will tell you, we use the best materials but can't tell you what are they. As for dentist work. I have a hole connecting my nose to my mouth, I lost 7 lb. thanks to infeccionts and these guy won't give me my money back so I can go to a real dentist.

Comments

Ri
  30th of Mar, 2008
Same thing happened to us and many others that we have talked to. Initial "treatment plan" called for root canal and procelian crown for $2100.00. Then when work was done found all that was possible was 2 sided filling. When question about price, was told by some kid that the prices were all wrong. Bottom line one filling cost $2100.00. Care credit is impossible to dispute, all most be done by mail and much off the mail seems to get lost.

THIS MAN IS A SCAMMER!!! Stay tuned he will be sued!
De
  8th of Apr, 2008
True and I agree with you...my elderly friends had a similar situation back in October 2007. They were quoted $6, 300 for a procedure and were told to process a credit right there...the office chargedt he full amount and schedule the first appointment for weeks to come. My friend called the VERY next day to cancel the procedure, figuring it was too much money for them and asked the Drs Office to return the money to the credit card. The office said no problem and until today SIX MONTHS LATER they have tried everything to no avaial. I have read many many similar stories...Does anyone have an attorney that is helping them on this.
Fr
  6th of May, 2008
Every thing you have read about this Dr's office payment policies is correct. They do want full payment in advance of any work. I knew Dr Piedra before he went with his new business partners. The strategy is CASH managment. It is almost like a factoring operation. The longer they hold on to your money is a FREE LOAN to them. They will tell you that it takes 8 to 10 weeks for a refund, humm, it only took 1 min. To charge my CC. Dr Pieadra is now in a high volume business. He generates tremendious cash flow for his partners. Yes I have had excellent dental treatment but crappy customer service and refund experiance. I did not use my name because I now only pay cash for any procedure there on the day it is done and I will only proced with a detailed bill inhand.
Si
  6th of May, 2008
I agree with you. I had wonderful dental treatments, not by Dr. Piedra since it seems he doesn't perform any of the treatments, but by his associates. But the customer service sucks. I was charged $1500 to Care Credit in Oct 2007 for a treatment I had in April of 2006. It' s been months since I've been disputing this, and the office doesn't even know why I'm being charged. They are clueless on how to handle their patients when it comes to customer service. They treated me like a $ not as a person.
Tj
  6th of May, 2008
I am out $9000. Entire treatment was suppose to take 3 months... That is for 3 replacement fillings & 3 crowns. They lost my impressions, had to get them done over. Crowns didn't fit & a healthy tooth was fractured & I had to have the tooth pulled. Then surgery for an implant which didn't take. Now after a year & a half I still haven't had any satisfaction in getting my implant done. The associates who took care of me (fracturing the tooth & the botched implant) are no longer working there. I am going to have to go into litigation and file a complaint with DPI to try & recoup my money. Meanwhile I have to spend another $6000 to get the damage corrected by another oral surgeon and dentist. What a rip off. Credit care won't help because I paid off the bill.
Di
  7th of May, 2008
Ca
  7th of May, 2008
Dr Piedra should be ashame and gives Dentist a very bad name.How can we stop is monsters, yes this monster.I have a semi-finish dental work and I haven't found a lawyer to sued this monster.I have complaint to Dental Association and to Florida Peofessional Board. I had implant surgey in Oct 2007 and still have got my crown for my implant because, Dr Piedra want and additional $3000.00 for a brigde, they broke.Stay away for this person, he is not human.
Go
  8th of May, 2008
I completely agree with you. This man does not even believe in his own mother. He tries to invent things to try to get you pay more. All the doctors that I liked have all left and I don't blame them. They probably weren't even paying them as how they should. And their customer service sucks especially from the refund lady Claudia. He should be ashamed!!!
Sp
  29th of May, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
This man, AND his team are TERRIBLE!!! I went for a quote, supposeably 4 cavaties and a cleaning...$3700!! My initial and obvious response was YOU'RE INSANE. I can' pay that thank you very much, Itold him. He insisted and insisted and insisted that he was the best and he only wanted the well being of my teeth...So after much insisting(obviously so he can charge Credit Care) I gave ina and asked should I decied to cancel, could I. His response was sure, no problem. He failed to tell me that they charge 20% of the treatment regardless if you cancel, but sure no problem(ofcourse I should've read the disclosures). Nonetheless I signed and scheduled my treatment. 1 day before the treatment I called and canceled my treatment at which point I was told I had to come in and sign a paper in order to cancel. I didn't understand this concept, usually when I dont want treatment with a dentist, that's it..No questions asked. But, after much dispute, I HAD to go in and sign a cancellation form. So I do...my appoinment was supposed to be at 2 PM with the person who handles cancellations. Focourse, at that time she is not available so someelse hekps me out. To make the long story short, it's been close to 3 months since I cancelled and I am still waiting for them to credit the portion that I'm owed for a treatment that I NEVER GOT! I have never ever met such a terrible medical/dental office in my life.
Lu
  6th of Jun, 2008
I started getting treatments a couple of years ago...i was quoted a price ok no problem... i personaly like paying for a job before i have it done so i keeped giving them cash to be able to pay for the whole job...but each time i would go back they would change the amount quoted to a higher amount...so it finally got ridiculos so i asked for the balance on y account to be returned to me. over 4000 dollars... they said it would take 8 to 10 weeks for the process with there accountants to be able to return this money to me...there reason being that it is treted as a rebate...hahhahah... that is so funny...the money that i had giving them is sopposed to be in a interest bering account and as the work is done the money is then supposed to be withdrwn from that account to pay for the job...its been months and i still keep calling trying to get this issue resolved... the funny thing is they wont even let me speak to doctor piedra...this smeels fishy
He
  11th of Jul, 2008
Yep, the same thing with me he wanted 30, 0000 thousand dollars from me and I got the Credit Care story too. I gave him 5000.00 got a cleaning and 2 teeth fixed and at then ended up getting very sick and had to quick working because I would get so dizzy from the infection he caused me to get!!! And More
Ri
  14th of Jul, 2008
Anyone who has had a bad experiance with Peidra please contact Jeff Kucera @ 305-539-3322. His firm is trying to make sure we can get some of our money back.

Ricahrd
Ki
  15th of Jul, 2008
Our office is currently representing one of Dr. Rene Piedra's former patients. Upon researching our pending case, we found that our client's situation with Dr. Piedra is not an isolated incident. We found your comments on the Complaints Board. If you would be interested in partaking in a Class Action Lawsuit against Dr. Piedra, please advise either by responding to this email or calling our office at 954.983.8474.

Thank you very much.

Kim Frasier, Paralegal to Robin A. Hellman, Esq.

Robin A. Hellman, Esq.
1909 Tyler Street
Suite 601
Hollywood, FL 33020
________________________________________
Pa
  21st of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
The same thing happened to us - we are in debt for $20, 000 with Capital One - and the work on my husband was not never completed. I've read some of your posts and the mebntions of requesting procedure breakdowns...is apalling...we tried contacting someone back in 2007 when this whole thing happened to us and no one listened. Please if someone can contact us.
Mc
  8th of Mar, 2009
This dentist should be ashamed of himself and the State should revoke his license. Talk about spending more than what you make, I've now heard this guy lived high on the hog despite his outrageous, ridiculous fees, he still needed more money and outspent himself!!! (Fees, by the way, that mysteriously kept going up and up) His office never finished the work (his specialists walked off because he would not pay them and they finally got tired). Called 10 times, went there three times...8 months later I am still waiting for my refund. STAY AWAY from him; and do not believe anything anyone from that office tells you! They are all liars.
Hp
  20th of Mar, 2009
My crown that Dr. Piedra's "staff" fixed for me cost $1, 500.00 (no insurnace) and just broke last night. It only lasted almost 2 years. They are normally guaranteed for 5 years. THIS is how I found out he was out of business and a total shiester!! I am mad!! He is now bankrupt and hopefully having his license revoked at the very least and hopefully some prison time!! I on the other hand, am out $1, 500.00 plus another $750.00. I hope he burns in hell!
Om
  28th of Mar, 2009
OK I JUST FINISHED CALLING THERE # AND ITS BEEN DISCONNECTED, i HAD CALLED BEFORE AND NO ONE EVER ANSWERED SO THE STORY FLIES I GUESS WHEN IT COMES TO THIS BANKRUPTCY SITUATION. I GOT APPROVED FOR 11, 400 THROUGH CARE CREDIT OF COURSE ABOUT 1 YR AND A HALF AGO ...THE AMOUNT APPROVED WAS ExACTLY WHAT I NEEDED FOR THE WORK TO BE DONE, GO FIGURE...ONLY TWO ROOTCANALS WERE DONE IN MY MOUTH, ONE OF WHICH IM NOT CONTENT WITH THAT SEEMS TO LOOK WORSE NOW THAN INITIALLY...I CONTINUED TO MAKE PAYMENTS ON CC WHICH I'VE NOW PAYED 3, 350...I HAVENT GONE TO HIS OFFICE SINCE THE LAST ROOTCANAL A YR AGO DO TO HEALTH AILMENTS AND WORRIES OF THE OTHER WORK TO BE DONE LOOKING LIKE THE LAST JOB IN MY MOUTH...I CONTINUED PAYING CC...IVE PAID MORE THAN I ACTUALLY HAD DONE...SO NOW THAT I FIND OUT THAT HES BANKRUPT WHAT THE HELL DO I DO ...THEY GOT PAID IN FULL THROUGH CARE CREDIT...HOW DO I RESOLVE THIS WITH CC?. I"M ACTUALLY RELIEVED THAT OTHERS WERE NOT SATISFIED AND FEEL THAT THEY GOT OVERCHARGED ...I THOUGHT I WAS ALONE IN THIS THOUGHT...IT SEEMS WEVE GOT A BIGGER PROBLEM THAN JUST AN AFFECTED MOUTH...BUT NOW TO DEAL WITH THIS UNPROFESSIONAL STAFF AND MAN. HE LOOKED VERY SHADY WHEN I MET HIM...I SHOULDVE WENT WITH MY GUT BUT I LET THE DESPERATION OF GETTING MY MOUTH FIXED AND HIS UNFULLFILLED PROMISES OVERWHELM ME :( NOW THE DISBELIEF OF HIM GOING BANKRUPT LOL...AMAZING!
Fi
  28th of Apr, 2009
The last time I saw Dr. Piedra, was approx. 6 months ago. He was supposed to do a root canal on my tooth, but last minute changed his mind, and did gum surgery on me instead. He did not tell me, until after the procedure, and charged me an additional 1.500 for the procedure. Here I am 6 months later at another dentist, because my tooth is infected, and I now have to have it extracted, and the bridge that I had is no longer usable, not to mention charges that he put on my treatment plan that he did not perform. I wouldn't mind getting in on this lawsuit myself. I'm on a fixed income through Social Security, and my parents have been helping me with my expenses. This would surely help if I can recap some funds to pay them back with.
Da
  25th of May, 2009
I just discovered today that his office is now closed and am reading all these posts as to why. I have had extensive dental work done which I paid for myself so an not "on the hook" with the credit card company.

Will someone please tell me how I get my hands on my patient file so i can take it to another Doctor for follow up care that i will need soon.

Regards,

David Sullivan
305-772-4221
Iv
  15th of Jun, 2010
I just called Dr. Piedra's office because a crown that he "guaranteed for life" recently broke. I paid $5, 000 for this crown and now that I need to get it fixed his office is telling me that they no longer have my medical records, because when he closed his Coral Gables office, he didn't take any with him. How is this possible?!?!? What kind of doctor leaves behind medical records that are private and confidential?!?!? So now that he has to own up to his end of the deal, he bails out and doesn't want to honor my guarantee. He is a total scam and crook. I too went through the whole care credit ordeal and it took me forever to pay for it. I'm a single mom, with limited income and there is no way that I can afford to pay for this crown. This man should be forced to honor his work. If anyone knows of any lawyers that are pursuing him and helping some clients get their money back, please let me know. Doctors like him should be disbarred!!!