Dr. Pepper / I will never buy this product again

The recent Dr Pepper 10 ad showing an 'action movie' and subsequently generalizing that women don't enjoy action movies, and finally stating that Dr Pepper 10 is "not for women" is sexist and offensive. I honestly don't know what this company could have possibly been thinking when they approved and decided to air this horrendous idea of a commercial. To suggest exclusion of a minority group (a group singled out for unequal treatment) and encouraging this kind of thinking is a step backward for our society. I used to enjoy drinking Dr. Pepper, but unless some sort of substantial public apology is made, I will never buy this product again.

Go

Comments

• Th
      3rd of Apr, 2012

I know what you mean. Huggies had an advertisement that said there diapers and wipes were so simple, even dad's can use them. As a father of a 2 year old girl, words cannot express the sadness my heart felt as I have changed hundreds of diapers and the insinuation that dad's aren't good parent tore at my heartstrings. I just cried and cried...

Ok seriously, I couldn't have cared less. Stop being such an oversensitive wuss. Seriously, grow a pair.

• Di
      3rd of Apr, 2012

suck it up, i am a women too and i didn't find it offensive at all. You are just being too sensitive

• En
      3rd of Apr, 2012

I never met a woman who likes action movies either

3rd of Apr, 2012

i meet them all the time here, ian. they are called lesbians

• En
      4th of Apr, 2012

I am confused Mr Alien... enlighten me if you will...? My excuse for being confused = worked like a donkey today, as fu£$ing usual and therefore can not fathom the lingo because my brain is dead. Were your remarks; satire, humour or fact? Do you meet girls who DO????? like action movies... and other girls. Or having looked into yr nic a bit deeper than usual I suspect Dykes (as we call 'em over here) are not in your top 10!! I don't have an opinion on that really, in that, I don't really give a toss... I got other things to worry about!!! Although it's a shame to waste a good woman... none the less... there is naff-all I can do about it so I don't bother trying!!

4th of Apr, 2012

actually, ian, my comment was all three: satirical in that i was using humour to deride the op(that would cover one and two i guess), i was capitalizing on the conversational flow and political correctness to garner a few cheap laughs from the puerile audience i cater to, and i live in a california town called palm springs that is noted for the fact that it is a destination for those of a homosexual proclivity. this past weekend was the dinah shore weekend, supposedly the largest gathering of lesbians for a debauchery-filled weekend - quite exciting, but a good leveling experience for the male ego. easter weekend is the "white party, " which is a huge "event" for homosexual males. my nic serves two purpose: it is a tip o' the hat to my original name (pre-banning), and contrary (thus somewhat ironical) to my very accepting nature.

4th of Apr, 2012

i had a long, illuminating and alliterative post that explained my comments, but it is now in the great abyss of cyber-space. suffice to say my name is merely a tip o' the hat to my pre-banning nic, and my town (palm springs, ca) is a destination for those of a homosexual proclivity. i myself side with you: life is too short to judge on love, and its direction

4th of Apr, 2012

by the way, i did meet a charming young lady who loves action movies, pity she's only 20

23rd of Apr, 2012

i agree with this statement and me and many of my friends refuse to purchase this product due to the offensive nature of these commercials and soon if the commercials are not taken off the air i will be starting a petition to have them removed.

• Sk
      23rd of Apr, 2012

Sounds like you (and A respectable Woman) desperately need action.

nope i live with my bf

23rd of Apr, 2012

and figures typical men comments - because they are small brained answers to us and small words you all obviously have small vocabularies im sorry are these big words too big for you to understand?

23rd of Apr, 2012

oh and sadly my bf agrees they are offensive

23rd of Apr, 2012

why would you characterize your boyfriend's agreement with you as sadly? you should be joyous that the two of you are in harmony on this opinion.

• Br
      23rd of Apr, 2012

Are the rules of grammar and punctuation beyond your grasp A Respectful Woman?

• Br
      23rd of Apr, 2012

Well I did learn from the biggest and the best didn't I slim?